Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Recruits

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    No that was Peter Reifenrath, who many on the team aren't to confident in as a kicker.
    Wasn't he a late addition walk-on to the 2007 roster? Probably not much more than a back-up.

Comment

Looks like another solid student athlete, he was a preseason academic all-state this year as a DB.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.p...ange_well_id=2

This article has a pic and short interview of him, loved this comment from him:
      "Favorite Thing About Football: "Hitting people on defense and just being able to play the game.""

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/0918..._8501121.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
        Do we need a kicker? We redshirted Austin Lalich from Illinois last year. I think he suppose to be pretty good and has 4 years of eligiblity left.
        I forgot about Austin. I assume he is still the 1st option. As I recall now he was felt to be an excellent prospect. Thanks for the reminder, I feel better already. I was remembering Reifenrath and thinking, man we are in trouble at kicker when Parker graduates.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1087782

http://www.kohlskicking.com/2006scho...camp-top15.htm
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Bump....inserting more information on Bo Helm which was reported in Terry's blog.

We picked up another one today as reported in the sports brief section of the Argus:

Texas standout chooses SDSU
          FOOTBALL: Bo Helm, named most valuable player in Texas’ Class 2A, District 3, has made a verbal commitment to play at South Dakota State.

From Terry's Blog:
          Due to space considerations, the info in today’s paper about SDSU’s latest football commit - free safety Bo Helm of Childress, Texas - was abbreviated. In addition to being named MVP in his district, the 5-11, 180-pound senior rushed for 1,522 yards and 27 scores on just 139 carries with 18 catches for 254 yards. He also made 70 tackles.

More impressively, he is No. 2 in his class academically and apparently turned down an offer from Navy in favor of SDSU. The Jacks - who have led the Great West in academic all-conference picks three years in a row - have also recently landed kids that were being recruited by Princeton, Penn and Rice.
          What’s that saying about the company you keep?
          That puts the list at twelve that have been reported in the Argus and other credible sites:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
          Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
          John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
          Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
          Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
          Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
          Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI
          Aaron Rolin - WR - Lee's Summit, MO
          Matt Holt - SS - Lee's Summit, MO
          Julian Wagner - CB - Fort Worth, TX
          Alex Olinger - OL - Ames, IA
          Bo Helm - RB/DB - Childress, Texas

I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.

Comment

From TV's blog tonight. This is impressive!!!

More impressively, he is No. 2 in his class academically and apparently turned down an offer from Navy in favor of SDSU. The Jacks - who have led the Great West in academic all-conference picks three years in a row - have also recently landed kids that were being recruited by Princeton, Penn and Rice.

What’s that saying about the company you keep?

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/

Comment

Anybody know anything about the 2 Missouri kids you guys got verbals from? Those 2 names never came up in any of our recruiting stuff and was just wondering about them.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsCountry View Post
                Anybody know anything about the 2 Missouri kids you guys got verbals from? Those 2 names never came up in any of our recruiting stuff and was just wondering about them.
                just what was reported above:

Two players who helped Lee’s Summit West
                go 14-0 and win the Missouri Class 4A state
                title have made verbal commitments:

Matt Holt, 6-1, 205, will play strong safe-
                ty in college after rushing for more than 1,500
                yards and earning first-team all-state honors
                as a running back this season. He said that he
                also had scholarship offers from Penn and
                Southern Illinois.

Aaron Rollin, 6-2, 200, WR, made 26
                catches for 448 yards this season and was
                first-team all-conference. He said that he also
                had a scholarship offer from Alcorn State.

Comment

jacks trully are in deep trouble with their current kicking situation. Reifenrath works hard but cant be taken seriously and lalich i heard was a waste of a scholarship

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                    lalich i heard was a waste of a scholarship

Heard from whom?
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                      jacks trully are in deep trouble with their current kicking situation. Reifenrath works hard but cant be taken seriously and lalich i heard was a waste of a scholarship
                      first of all if I am not mistaken Lalich isn't on scholarship.....

second of all we have the kicker from Yankton on the baseball team and a former all state kicker currently attending SDSU..... if we are in that deep of trouble I think we can find somebody...... will we have a kicker like Parker Douglas? probably not but I don't think we will be in so grave of spot that we won't be able to be respectable at that position.

Comment

I'm just guessing here, but I would think the coaches had a pretty good idea when Parker Douglas was set to graduate. I think they would have planned accordingly. We may not have a kicker on board who can kick the occasional 60 yarder, but I would think we have a serviceable replacement.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I agree MJA and let's all be reminded of our RSFr. punter, Dean Priddy. He struggled his first few games this season but was an asset for us by the end of the season. Hopefully a similar situation comes about with our place kicker.

Comment

You have to admit that we have pretty spoiled at the kicking position over the last decade. First, Adam Vinatieri, only the best kicker in the history of the NFL. Follow that with Parker Douglas. All he did was break Vinny's records. Not a bad pair. Maybe we should be called Kicker U!

They are a hard act to follow and we all need to be aware of that so there are reasonable expectations on the next kicker whomever that may be.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                              Heard from whom?
                              from everyone that associates themselves with jacks football.

Comment

[quote=joeboo22;76700]first of all if I am not mistaken Lalich isn't on scholarship.....
                                pretty sure he is

Comment

Working...
                                X