Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Recruits

More info on Wagner from Terry's blog:

"Some additional info on the first player to commit to SDSU from the Long Horn State: Cornerback Julian Wagner of Fort Worth said that he has career best times of 22.6 in the 200-meter dash and 10.8 in the 100-meter dash and ran on two district championship relay teams as a junior last spring. This fall, he was the only member of high school team to earn honorable mention academic all-state honors."

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sp...idbits-11.html

Sounds like another great student and quality player to add to the team.

Comment

Jeremy Wallace of Omaha Bryan who had an offer from the Jacks has decided to accept a recruited walk-on invitation to Nebraska.

Comment

More information on one we lost to UNI.

http://www.sjnp.net/news/2008/jan/18...n-iowa/?sports
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Need to push hard to get the facilities upgraded asap....when Coach Stieg goes hunting....he needs the right ammo...and UNI and SIU have much nicer facilities....additionally they're good programs too.
          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
            Need to push hard to get the facilities upgraded asap....when Coach Stieg goes hunting....he needs the right ammo...and UNI and SIU have much nicer facilities....additionally they're good programs too.
            Stig has as much ammo this year than he's ever had. Conference Title, 2nd year in a row with a national ranking, new facilty to be done by 2009, Gateway Conference affiliation. I'd say we are doing just fine and that we aren't going to get every recruit they go after, that is part of the game. Stig has publicly stated they start with a list of over 700 recruits and then drill that down to the 15-20 kids they get each year. If we lose recruits to great programs like UNI, I'd say we are going after the right kids.

Comment

Add one more to the list. As reported in the sports breifs section of the Argus today:

Offensive lineman Alex Olinger became the second Ames High School standout to make a verbal commitment to South Dakota State. The 6-foot-4, 270-pound senior was a first ­team all-conference pick in Iowa’s largest class.

Olinger said he also had interest from Princeton, South Dakota and Nebraska-Omaha
              That puts the list at eleven that have been reported in the Argus and other credible sites:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
              Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
              John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
              Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
              Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
              Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
              Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI
              Aaron Rolin - WR - Lee's Summit, MO
              Matt Holt - SS - Lee's Summit, MO
              Julian Wagner - CB - Fort Worth, TX
              Alex Olinger - OL - Ames, IA

I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.

Comment

Jacks get another one out of Iowa. Ross Shafrath 6'1 198 linebacker out of Hampton Iowa. Also we may still be in the running for Chris Tracy of West Lyon 6'2 220 who has verballed to UND.

Comment

Jacks have interest in a Kansas Prep: http://www.kccommunitynews.com/artic...3091629141.txt

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Jacks have interest in a Kansas Prep: http://www.kccommunitynews.com/artic...3091629141.txt
                    Thanks for all the great recruiting info. Any word on a kicker?
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The one Kicker I have seen the Jacks showing interest in is Greg Fleming of Mound/Westonka Minnesota.

Comment

We picked up another one today as reported in the sports brief section of the Argus:

JackGuyII - do you have the source for the verbal commitment of Ross Shafrath? If so, I will add him to the list. Also, I have heard the same thing about the Tracy kid from West Lyon. We are still in the running and that he opened his recruitment back up after the coaching change at UND.

Texas standout chooses SDSU
                        FOOTBALL: Bo Helm, named most valuable player in Texas’ Class 2A, District 3, has made a verbal commitment to play at South Dakota State.
                        That puts the list at twelve that have been reported in the Argus and other credible sites:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
                        Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
                        John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
                        Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
                        Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
                        Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
                        Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI
                        Aaron Rolin - WR - Lee's Summit, MO
                        Matt Holt - SS - Lee's Summit, MO
                        Julian Wagner - CB - Fort Worth, TX
                        Alex Olinger - OL - Ames, IA
                        Bo Helm - DB - Texas

I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.
                        Last edited by BTownJack; 01-28-2008, 10:52 AM. Reason: Bo Helm's position was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Thanks for all the great recruiting info. Any word on a kicker?
                          Do we need a kicker? We redshirted Austin Lalich from Illinois last year. I think he suppose to be pretty good and has 4 years of eligiblity left.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                            Do we need a kicker? We redshirted Austin Lalich from Illinois last year. I think he suppose to be pretty good and has 4 years of eligiblity left.

Who was the kicker that would warm up before the game along with Parker? He was usually 20 yards closer than Parker and not as consistent. Was that Lalich?
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              Who was the kicker that would warm up before the game along with Parker? He was usually 20 yards closer than Parker and not as consistent. Was that Lalich?
                              No that was Peter Reifenrath, who many on the team aren't to confident in as a kicker.

Comment

I see in todays Argus Leader that we have another commitment from a Texas standout. His name is Bo Helm and was the MVP in Texas Class 2A district 3. It does not state his position.

Comment

Working...
                                X