Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Recruits

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Something just seems out of place in that list of who's offered Lars. Either we're onto something, or on something.
    Considering Grand Valley State is one of the best D-II programs in the country, I'm okay with offering this kid a scholarship.

Comment

I'm not too worried about him. I think if he is the second best WR in the state, he can play ball. Wisconsin might not be California or Florida but they have some solid players. I also like that he is 6'5".
      Coach Stig seems to know what's he's been doing the last few years.

Comment

Whitefish bay is not exactly a hotbead for football, so that may be part of why he's not very highly recruited. Also, Wisconsin's kind of an anomoly for recruits. In state it's either play for the Badgers for a schollie or play for nothing at a d-III school. The Illinois schools don't spend alot of time up here because Chicago is closer and provides a much larger pool of athletes. I'll do some asking around on this kid and see what I can come up with.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          Whitefish bay is not exactly a hotbead for football, so that may be part of why he's not very highly recruited. Also, Wisconsin's kind of an anomoly for recruits. In state it's either play for the Badgers for a schollie or play for nothing at a d-III school. The Illinois schools don't spend alot of time up here because Chicago is closer and provides a much larger pool of athletes. I'll do some asking around on this kid and see what I can come up with.
          There have been some very good football players out of Whitefish Bay. Former University of Wisconsin starting running back Booker Stanley, current Central Michigan starting MLB Nick Bellore, Indiana back-up punter and former HS All-American Christopher Hagerup, Purdue walk-on offensive lineman Austin Moret, and Atlanta Falcons long-snapper and former Pro Bowl selection Mike Schneck.
          Marlin Lee - Writer/Scout for www.WisFootball.net, Wisconsin Gridiron Guide, and WSN Illustrated

Comment

Originally posted by Marlins View Post
            There have been some very good football players out of Whitefish Bay. Former University of Wisconsin starting running back Booker Stanley, current Central Michigan starting MLB Nick Bellore, Indiana back-up punter and former HS All-American Christopher Hagerup, Purdue walk-on offensive lineman Austin Moret, and Atlanta Falcons long-snapper and former Pro Bowl selection Mike Schneck.
            Thanks for the info. Don't be a stranger.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Marlins, thanks for the input. It looks like all four of the Dakota schools are hitting Wisconsin pretty hard.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Marlins View Post
                Agreed, but Whitefish Bay is still not much of a football school. My home town high school produced a scholarship athlete/all state performer from the football program for 10 consecutive years starting in 1989 (one a second round draft pick in the NFL) yet is far from a football hotbed. In fact, most of those years we barely sniffed .500. Whitefish Bay is probably better known recently for its basketball prowess and girls tennis, but sounds like you probably know that better than I. Locally I think you have to give the nod to schools like Homestead, Oak Creek, Marquette, Tosa East or maybe even Catholic Memorial as the schools in the Greater Milwaukee area with the best football programs. Wouldn't you agree?

Didn't mean any disrespect to the recruit, you or Whitefish Bay. Just harboring a guess as to why USD and St. Cloud are possible suitors alongside SDSU when no other D1 schools have offered. Again, you'd know better than I. By the way, St. Cloud has a soph on their basketball squad from Whitefish Bay (Schneck) who SDSU took a look at for half a second. Might explain how St. Cloud heard about Knudsen.

By the way, love the website, Marlin. I think your article here: http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot....asp?nid=14634
                points out what I was saying in my original post. Most recruits in WI have an odd choice of options. 1) Hit the gold mine and play for the Badgers, 2) go out of state for a scholarship or 3) walk on at either UW or one of the smaller DIII schools. It's different than most states in terms of recruits' options.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

If this kid can run, then he's a steal with his size. If not, he could still be a nice target in terms of a possession receiver. Both are assuming that his hands are reliable, but I think a kid with his size is worth a look. I trust Stig on this one as well.

Comment

When is the National Letter of Intent day?
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      When is the National Letter of Intent day?
                      Feb. 13th

Comment

According to the NCAA site the date this year for football signing is February 6

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I stand corrected...you are right:

http://www.national-letter.org/dates/

Comment

• Re: 2008 recruiting class

Another verbal which was report in the sports brief section of the Argus today. I'm glad I looked. The next couple of weeks are going to be big ones for our football recruiting. Signing day is 3 weeks away.

Here is the latest addition to the verbal list:

Keegan Nesvacil, a tight end from Middleton, Wis., has verbally committed to play football at South Dakota State.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder was an honorable mention all-conference pick in Wisconsin’s largest class. He was scheduled to make official visits to North Dakota State and Illinois State, but decided to accept the Jackrabbits’ scholarship offer while in Brookings on Monday.
                            That makes this list of seven as follows:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
                            Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
                            John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
                            Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
                            Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
                            Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
                            Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI

I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.

AGAIN - Is there any chance the moderators can merge this thread with the "2008 Recruits" thread????

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              AGAIN - Is there any chance the moderators can merge this thread with the "2008 Recruits" thread????
                              Done!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Done!
                                Thank you kind sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X