Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

uncbears did not just "stop by" for a quick "Hey fellas, here's the scoop on your upcoming opposition this fall! Good luck!" uncbears has been posting since the inception of this board. His MO has always been to post a thinly veiled knock against SDSU. Go back and read some of his posts from when we played them. At least when I'm talking smack, I just come out and say it. With uncbears, it's always smack couched in just enough harmless talk that he can defend it when anyone calls foul as saying "who me?" and make the other poster seem like he's blowing it out of proportion.

Before giving me the "pee in the cherios" speech (which I love, by the way - a readily accessible barb in my repitoire) go back and look at his past postings. He's no SDSU fan and never has been one. If it is felt that I am still out of line, then so be it. Just know uncbears, in my humble opinion, plays the wolf in a sheeps clothing on this board way too often. Then again, I've been known to be right.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
      uncbears did not just "stop by" for a quick "Hey fellas, here's the scoop on your upcoming opposition this fall!  Good luck!"  uncbears has been posting since the inception of this board.  His MO has always been to post a thinly veiled knock against SDSU.  Go back and read some of his posts from when we played them.  At least when I'm talking smack, I just come out and say it.  With uncbears, it's always smack couched in just enough harmless talk that he can defend it when anyone calls foul as saying "who me?" and make the other poster seem like he's blowing it out of proportion.

Before giving me the "pee in the cherios" speech (which I love, by the way - a readily accessible barb in my repitoire) go back and look at his past postings.  He's no SDSU fan and never has been one.  If it is felt that I am still out of line, then so be it.  Just know uncbears, in my humble opinion, plays the wolf in a sheeps clothing on this board way too often.  Then again, I've been known to be right.
      MJA has uncbears guy pegged. Comes in takes a underhanded jab and then plays the victim when called out.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        uncbears did not just "stop by" for a quick "Hey fellas, here's the scoop on your upcoming opposition this fall!  Good luck!"  uncbears has been posting since the inception of this board.  His MO has always been to post a thinly veiled knock against SDSU.  Go back and read some of his posts from when we played them.  At least when I'm talking smack, I just come out and say it.  With uncbears, it's always smack couched in just enough harmless talk that he can defend it when anyone calls foul as saying "who me?" and make the other poster seem like he's blowing it out of proportion.

Before giving me the "pee in the cherios" speech (which I love, by the way - a readily accessible barb in my repitoire) go back and look at his past postings.  He's no SDSU fan and never has been one.  If it is felt that I am still out of line, then so be it.  Just know uncbears, in my humble opinion, plays the wolf in a sheeps clothing on this board way too often.  Then again, I've been known to be right.
        I share MJA's opinion here. Doesn't mean I don't like uncbears, just calling a spade a spade. MJA wasn't born yesterday and he ain't no dummy either. In fact, he's considered a genius in his hometown.

P.S. Were you playing for Miller when they won the legion championship? I remember Johannsen, Selchert, Danberg (or something like that) and a guy with a culry mullet. Was that you MJA? I was playing for Bryant at the time and we use to play in the Miller tourney every year. Ipswich was there but I can't remeber the other teams. Maybe Groton.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have had a few battles on here with some of you but it's nothing personal, at least on my part. This thread was about W. Illinois and no one brought up the fact that you'll be playing against an all-american running back. So sorry I had to be the one. I saw the kid play last year and was impressed so I thought I would let you know. THere's not harm in that. I am sure if your defensive line is as good as you say will help. But it's going to be up to your LB's to stop him. A kid like Donaldson is worthy of being brought up in a thread titled "Western Illinois" Those of you going to the game will be lucky to see him play. Just like I'll be lucky to see Chadron St. running back play against us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
            I have had a few battles on here with some of you but it's nothing personal, at least on my part.  This thread was about W. Illinois and no one brought up the fact that you'll be playing against an all-american running back.  So sorry I had to be the one.  I saw the kid play last year and was impressed so I thought I would let you know.  THere's not harm in that.  I am sure if your defensive line is as good as you say will help.  But it's going to be up to your LB's to stop him.  A kid like Donaldson is worthy of being brought up in a thread titled "Western Illinois"  Those of you going to the game will be lucky to see him play.  Just like I'll be lucky to see Chadron St. running back play against us this year.  
            I guess I fail to see your SDSU jab. I do know something about a good running back from Western Illinois now that I did not know prior to your first post on this thread.

Good luck to the Bears this year. I miss the Monfort odors so maybe will get another chance to experience that as well as the Chicago Pizza place near the Super 8. I enjoyed my trips to Greeley even when Glenn's teams dominated the games. How is that for a UNC jab?

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
              [quote author=uncbearsfan link=1171752576/45#48 date=1186173322]I have had a few battles on here with some of you but it's nothing personal, at least on my part.  This thread was about W. Illinois and no one brought up the fact that you'll be playing against an all-american running back.  So sorry I had to be the one.  I saw the kid play last year and was impressed so I thought I would let you know.  THere's not harm in that.  I am sure if your defensive line is as good as you say will help.  But it's going to be up to your LB's to stop him.  A kid like Donaldson is worthy of being brought up in a thread titled "Western Illinois"  Those of you going to the game will be lucky to see him play.  Just like I'll be lucky to see Chadron St. running back play against us this year.  
              I guess I fail to see your SDSU jab. I do know something about a good running back from Western Illinois now that I did not know prior to your first post on this thread.

Good luck to the Bears this year. I miss the Monfort odors so maybe will get another chance to experience that as well as the Chicago Pizza place near the Super 8. I enjoyed my trips to Greeley even when Glenn's teams dominated the games. How is that for a UNC jab? [/quote]

Good luck to SDSU too. I also would like to see SDSu and NDSU on UNC's schedule in the near future. The old NCC was fun wasn't it?

Comment

Can't you just feel the love?

Is that Air Supply I hear in the background? ;D ;D

Go State!  

Comment

“A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.” - Henry Ward Beecher

Go State!

Comment

HEY!

It was a UNC post that got the SDSU people shooting at each other. Think about while you are enjoying a nice cold brew and realizing that it is so much better to be a Jackrabbit than a tarnished bear. ;D ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://www.wgem.com/Sports/index.php?ID=15549

Back to Work

One down and 28 practices to go for the Western Illinois football team prior to their season opener against South Dakota State later this month as the Leathernecks opened camp on Saturday afternoon.

Picked to finish fifth in the seven-team Gateway, the Leathernecks will have five practices prior to putting on the pads on Wednesday.

Saturday's workout was fairly laid back but head coach Don Patterson was more than encouraged with the enthusiasm of day one.

"I always explain to the players that we're going to challenge them mentally even in the very first practice. You have to be mentally sharp, you have to be good on your assignments, and know exactly what you're doing," says Patterson.

"If you made it through practice number one without any mental busts, that's a good sign because it will be more difficult of course when you put the pads on." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

https://www.nmnathletics.com//flexRe...B_OEM_ID=12000

For those of us that can't make it to the game. It looks like we can purchase a monthly subscription to "Rocky Vision" and watch the webcast. The cost is $9.95 for a monthly subscription.

If I understand it correctly the "GoJacks.com" webcast will only be for home games. Which I will be at most of them.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                          https://www.nmnathletics.com//flexReg/doReg.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=12000

For those of us that can't make it to the game. It looks like we can purchase a monthly subscription to "Rocky Vision" and watch the webcast.  The cost is $9.95 for a monthly subscription.

If I understand it correctly the "GoJacks.com" webcast will only be for home games.  Which I will be at most of them.
                          GoJacks.com is also listing the Western Illinois game as available for viewing on the "Jackrabbit Extra" media player.  It looks like SDSU may be picking up the feed from Western Illinois.  This would be nice for those who have already purchased a package through GoJacks.com.
                          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I hope we can get the away games on Webcast. I love listening to WNAX but having the visual is great too.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Greetings: I have enjoyed reading your posts. First of all, there are NO Toll roads. That is because there are NO roads. You can not get to Macomb from anywhere. Even if you could, our Motel 4 is booked up with state inspectors – something about PCBs in our well water. If you were considering driving over a thousand miles for a Thursday night game – then keep reading. The posts by 89rabbit and 2002jack were well written and right on the money. We won only 2 conference games all last season. We lost our entire starting O line except for one under-sized guy and our 3 year starter at QB graduated. We have no idea who will be our starting QB. I think it will be the one that can hand-off the best, as none of them can throw the ball. It is true that LAST year we had a fairly productive running back. However, what you may not know is that historically our rbs spit-up more than a baby with collic (yes, I know it is suppose to be spelled with just one “l”, but I’m emphasizing how much they spit-up). After our O goes 3 and out, we will then snap to a true freshman that has never kicked a ball in college. If his leg was any thinner, he could have got a Title 9 scholarship. Now the real fun begins. Our d (note the lower-case) is %$%ing bad! Most schools would probably go out and recruit a I-A to stop the bleeding, not ours. Trust me, in just 15 days your guys are going to be 1-0. Assuming by the 2nd quarter you start your redshirts, 3rd stringers, and walking-wounded, I would expect the final score to be Rabbits 57 – Western 3. Save your money and don’t even pay to watch it. Believe me, you are going to kill us. If you really want to see it, just wait until the end of the season as it will be the featured clip on your team’s highlight video. Given your school’s history, I think you are going to find teams in the Gateway to be easy – nothing more than just a good scrimmage for you. I wish you all the Best of luck and hope you have an outstanding season. Your friend, Pinocchio.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckid View Post
                                Greetings: I have enjoyed reading your posts. First of all, there are NO Toll roads. That is because there are NO roads. You can not get to Macomb from anywhere. Even if you could, our Motel 4 is booked up with state inspectors – something about PCBs in our well water. If you were considering driving over a thousand miles for a Thursday night game – then keep reading. The posts by 89rabbit and 2002jack were well written and right on the money. We won only 2 conference games all last season. We lost our entire starting O line except for one under-sized guy and our 3 year starter at QB graduated. We have no idea who will be our starting QB. I think it will be the one that can hand-off the best, as none of them can throw the ball. It is true that LAST year we had a fairly productive running back. However, what you may not know is that historically our rbs spit-up more than a baby with collic (yes, I know it is suppose to be spelled with just one “l”, but I’m emphasizing how much they spit-up). After our O goes 3 and out, we will then snap to a true freshman that has never kicked a ball in college. If his leg was any thinner, he could have got a Title 9 scholarship. Now the real fun begins. Our d (note the lower-case) is %$%ing bad! Most schools would probably go out and recruit a I-A to stop the bleeding, not ours. Trust me, in just 15 days your guys are going to be 1-0. Assuming by the 2nd quarter you start your redshirts, 3rd stringers, and walking-wounded, I would expect the final score to be Rabbits 57 – Western 3. Save your money and don’t even pay to watch it. Believe me, you are going to kill us. If you really want to see it, just wait until the end of the season as it will be the featured clip on your team’s highlight video. Given your school’s history, I think you are going to find teams in the Gateway to be easy – nothing more than just a good scrimmage for you. I wish you all the Best of luck and hope you have an outstanding season. Your friend, Pinocchio.

I just realized that Neckid is actually Naked!! Good one. Great first post, I would give you rep points if I knew it wasn't full of complete B.S.!!
                                The Title IX crack was the best! I would give you the "laughing tears emoicon" but it doesn't look like we have it on our new board.
                                As I'm sure you are deep down...I too am looking forward to the '07 season.

Welcome to the board Neckid and again, great post!

Go Jacks!!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X