No announcement yet.

2020 roster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFr. Cornerback, Ti'jah Davis, no longer listed on the roster. He played in 4 games last year before suffering a season ending injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by slosho View Post
      I don't think it's "?" For anybody.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Dont know about Jordan Gandy, but Evans wouldn't be playing for SDSU if Jackson was still coaching for the Jacks. He is probably lucky to get the second chance. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post

Dont know about Jordan Gandy, but Evans wouldn't be playing for SDSU if Jackson was still coaching for the Jacks. He is probably lucky to get the second chance. Good luck to him.
        So in private life Evans life style was less than perfect. IMO I thought he was a very good football player .and am disappointed to read this in your post. Enough said,

Comment

• Really good write up on Cade Johnson in The Athletic. Behind a paywall, but they usually have a free trial available. Quote from his dad on him transferring as well.

”I’m not gonna say there were not inquiries about Cade,” Clester Johnson says, “But at the end of the day, he’s gotten noticed there (at South Dakota State), and we’re seeing guys get drafted from all over. If you’ve got skill, they’re gonna find you. We know they’re gonna get Cade the ball and he’s gonna get every opportunity to shine and he’s gonna try to win a national championship with that team.”
          https://theathletic.com/1909686/2020...shared_article
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post

Checked the Northern Illinois roster and Gandy is there, but Evans is not listed. Not sure if he is opting out of this season, or if he didn't end up going there. Northern ended up with an 0-6 record.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Checked the Northern Illinois roster and Gandy is there, but Evans is not listed. Not sure if he is opting out of this season, or if he didn't end up going there. Northern ended up with an 0-6 record.
              Looks like Gandy had a decent season, although have a DB as leading tackler could suggest DL and LBs weren't pressuring QBs much.

Comment

• After seeing Zimmer's tweets last night, makes me excited about the upcoming season.

Anyone hearing anything from the first few practices?
                • Does Gronowski have a legitimate shot at starting at QB?
                • I haven't Gibbs in any of the photos or videos, may be just coincidence??
                • Who is stepping up to fill Cade's role? Campbell/Sullivan/Bauer/Dailey/Cole?
                • RB room looks pretty thin behind PS. The grad transfer looking good?
                • Any other departures we are missing? Looks like Seven Wilson is no longer on the roster.
                • Hopefully Heins is fully healthy, we need a TE threat in the passing game.

Comment

• Losing Seven Wilson is a huge blow,

The new tight ends coach needs to get Tucker Kraft going, quite a bit more upside to his game than Heins. Would be great to have both in 12 personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                    Losing Seven Wilson is a huge blow,

The new tight ends coach needs to get Tucker Kraft going, quite a bit more upside to his game than Heins. Would be great to have both in 12 personnel.
                    Has that really been figured out yet? Haven't seen anything official one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks View Post
                      After seeing Zimmer's tweets last night, makes me excited about the upcoming season.

Anyone hearing anything from the first few practices?
                      • Does Gronowski have a legitimate shot at starting at QB?
                      • I haven't Gibbs in any of the photos or videos, may be just coincidence??
                      • Who is stepping up to fill Cade's role? Campbell/Sullivan/Bauer/Dailey/Cole?
                      • RB room looks pretty thin behind PS. The grad transfer looking good?
                      • Any other departures we are missing? Looks like Seven Wilson is no longer on the roster.
                      • Hopefully Heins is fully healthy, we need a TE threat in the passing game.
                      Yes
                      I think so.
                      Campbell, Dailey, or Leighton for the slot role. May see more 12 personnel though as you reference later. Sullivan and Cole will be valuable in a year or two
                      PS, Jordan Meachum, and Isaiah Davis will handle a majority of the carries. I think Jefferson Lee could be okay if called upon. He runs hard but is small.
                      Seven is a major one. Another thing to note is that Brady Sorenson is opting out of the spring season.
                      Heins, Kunz, and Kraft will be great. I expect Skyler Cavanaugh and Mike Morgan will likely function as the h-back. The traditional Fullback is going away with the graduation of Sellers.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• According to Zimmer article Seven Wilson had to retire due to effects of COVID.
                        Jack Domandle and Preston Tetzlaff opting out. LB room depth is a concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Yes
                          I think so.
                          Campbell, Dailey, or Leighton for the slot role. May see more 12 personnel though as you reference later. Sullivan and Cole will be valuable in a year or two
                          PS, Jordan Meachum, and Isaiah Davis will handle a majority of the carries. I think Jefferson Lee could be okay if called upon. He runs hard but is small.
                          Seven is a major one. Another thing to note is that Brady Sorenson is opting out of the spring season.
                          Heins, Kunz, and Kraft will be great. I expect Skyler Cavanaugh and Mike Morgan will likely function as the h-back. The traditional Fullback is going away with the graduation of Sellers.
                          Is Wilson gone for good, or just sitting out the spring schedule ?

Comment

Answering my own question- just saw in Zimmer's article that Seven had to give up football due to COVID complications. Sad that even very healthy young people can have lasting issues.

Comment

Gone for good I believe. From my conversations, I think they would welcome him back if he chose to come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                According to Zimmer article Seven Wilson had to retire due to effects of COVID.
                                Jack Domandle and Preston Tetzlaff opting out. LB room depth is a concern.
                                I hadn't heard these. Domandle is not surprising but Tetzlaff is unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                                X