Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Coyotes

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Honestly it would fiscally irresponsible given our payouts on the stadium to put in a large bid for Thanksgiving weekend. We will not get more than 4k there, and they're going to need to put in a much larger bid if they want that game at home. I'd look for us to be on the road @UND, @Montana if they're unseeded, @Nicholls, or @Semo.
    Assuming UND makes it I’m thinking it’s about a 95% chance of you being paired with UND with the winner running through Fargo. Should be a fun game if it happens.
    Fighting Sioux

Comment

Honestly it would fiscally irresponsible given our payouts on the stadium to put in a large bid for Thanksgiving weekend. We will not get more than 4k there, and they're going to need to put in a much larger bid if they want that game at home. I'd look for us to be on the road @UND, @Montana if they're unseeded, @Nicholls, or @Semo.
      I wondered if expenses from the Drake game could constrain bid amounts as well.

Comment

Heh.

Lookie here what popped up on kwsn.com under John Gaskins' byline:

Vermillion, S.D. (USD PR) -- Coyote fans can finally exhale
        Golly. Actually citing sources. What a concept.

See, John, it's really not that hard.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It’s a little unfair to say this season is over and to play young guys in the playoffs. We played with NDSU, the number 1 seed. This team is talented and can make a run. Every year is something new and a playoff run just continues to build on the SDSU athletic achievements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            It’s a little unfair to say this season is over and to play young guys in the playoffs. We played with NDSU, the number 1 seed. This team is talented and can make a run. Every year is something new and a playoff run just continues to build on the SDSU athletic achievements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My point with that (there were other posts as well) was play the freshman that are ready up to their 4 games and give some young guys more practice time. The seniors deserve to try and make a run. The practice time and playoff experience only helps the younger guys coming up.

Mikey, Evan, Rozeboom et al need to come out and show the young guys what it takes to get to and stay at NDSU's level.

We have the pieces and walking back off the cliff after that horrible loss to the mangy pups, our biggest issue is ball security.

I do wonder why we didn't try to go deep today and get some PI calls. If I recall correctly, there wasn't one called in the game. We used to get a few of those a game.

Also use your goddamn tight ends more effectively!

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              My point with that (there were other posts as well) was play the freshman that are ready up to their 4 games and give some young guys more practice time. The seniors deserve to try and make a run. The practice time and playoff experience only helps the younger guys coming up.

Mikey, Evan, Rozeboom et al need to come out and show the young guys what it takes to get to and stay at NDSU's level.

We have the pieces and walking back off the cliff after that horrible loss to the mangy pups, our biggest issue is ball security.

I do wonder why we didn't try to go deep today and get some PI calls. If I recall correctly, there wasn't one called in the game. We used to get a few of those a game.

Oh I think they are doing it, we are just so beat up and the trainers got their hands full.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Game can be summed up in six words:

HANG ON TO THE DAMNED BALL.
                Couldn't agree more. Maybe whomever backs a playoff bid should use that money to hire a consultant or purchase a few of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  Oh...you are saying they haven't mishandled the ball and done stupid **** all year? Oh....he ran for a TD once on a punt return....give me a break.......that's worth the turnovers and dumb risks consistently taken
                  He frustrated me this game, but the kid fights for yards, and the fumble on the punt return was fluky in that I believe one 'Yote was down on the field, Jahnke was tackled on top of him (and prevented from being down), and another came in and forced the fumble.

I'm disappointed in the D1 insult. Let's remember that even players who've made pro teams had fumbles that left some of us scratching our heads (and some of those were when they were veteran players for the Jacks).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    After looking at the stats it's even more frustrating. 500 yards of offense. Heide over 300 passing and a good percentage. But giving the ball away 4 times like that your going to lose no matter how good a team you play. Stats we looked like the better team. Hate that we let their defense look good. Hopefully coaches work on ball control. Not sure if there is away to track individual or team numbers easily but this year has to be a record for fumbles in a season or in recent history. And as an individual jahnke has to be close for most fumbles in a season.
                    Cumulative fumbles are available here, including historical. Pg. 143 of the media guide might help some of us off the ledge, as this year's Jacks won't have record.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

To be effective throwing long passes, the QB needs a clean pocket for long enough to let the play develop, which wasn't the case yesterday. Pass protection has been my biggest disappointment with the offense this season. With the experience we had back in the OL, and the lack of games lost to injury compared to past seasons, I expected our QB's to have more clean pockets and time to get some longer passes off. Gibbs was able to throw a few before he got hurt, but that part of the game suffered after Heide became the starter. I think a big part of that was his lack of experience, leading to a shorter passing game to give him a better chance to being successful. The long gainers we had were mostly shorter passes, with a lot of yards after catch.

Comment

I'm just as disappointed in yesterday's result as any Jack's fan. And I'm not excusing it in any way. It absolutely sucks.

But just a few short years ago, we all would have been pretty stoked to be playing a first round game again in November. Obviously, we had it all in front of us yesterday and we wasted it. Our road just got a lot tougher and we probably aren't going to make the type of run that we wanted to in the post season. But, we've now made the playoffs 8 years in a row. And top 5 program or not, some years are going to be tougher than others and this is one of our tougher years. I'm thankful that a year with this much adversity still has us playing in the field of 24.

Losing to those rat bastards sucks, and I'd be lying if I didn't say it feels like are one step behind the truly elite programs. But at the end of the day, no matter what expectations are, we cheer for this team, and this team still has shot in the post season to win some games. The negative energy around here is understandable, but unnecessary. If you think the team doesn't read this thread or feel that negativity, you're lying to yourself. Time to forget this game and focus on next week.

Comment

I'm just as disappointed in yesterday's result as any Jack's fan. And I'm not excusing it in any way. It absolutely sucks.

But just a few short years ago, we all would have been pretty stoked to be playing a first round game again in November. Obviously, we had it all in front of us yesterday and we wasted it. Our road just got a lot tougher and we probably aren't going to make the type of run that we wanted to in the post season. But, we've now made the playoffs 8 years in a row. And top 5 program or not, some years are going to be tougher than others and this is one of our tougher years. I'm thankful that a year with this much adversity still has us playing in the field of 24.

Losing to those rat bastards sucks, and I'd be lying if I didn't say it feels like are one step behind the truly elite programs. But at the end of the day, no matter what expectations are, we cheer for this team, and this team still has shot in the post season to win some games. The negative energy around here is understandable, but unnecessary. If you think the team doesn't read this thread or feel that negativity, you're lying to yourself. Time to forget this game and focus on next week.
                          Excellent post. I completely understand criticizing the team for turnovers and some of the coaching decisions throughout the season, but I don't understand the vitriol for individual players posted by a couple of folks.

Also, yesterday solved my dilemma about what to get my parents' dog for Christmas. Looks like he'll have one of these to eviscerate. Hopefully he starts by "amputating" the toy's hideous left paw.

Comment

One thing I'll add: Given the parallels with 2015, we'll learn a lot about how much the program has improved. They felt sorry for themselves and came out flat against Montana in 2015. They could very likely be faced with that exact same situation on Saturday. Hiw they respond will say a lot about lessons learned from the program in 4 years.

Comment

Excuse me for interrupting the doomsday negativity that dominates this thread to point out that a few Jacks had really good games on Saturday. Mikey Daniel and Christian Rozenboom among them. Also, despite the Jacks' very costly turnovers, without QB Austin Simmons, the Coyotes would have had no chance.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

It just is what it is. It was bound to happen at some point, and it shouldn't have happened yesterday. But they just played like they wanted it more.

It's time to not worry about USD anymore until 10/10/2020. That would be a good time to start a new 19-year streak.

Comment

Working...
                                X