Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: ISU Redbirds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

    This game is like a microcosm of all the little things we've consistently done wrong this season.

    Fumbles
    Untimely penalties
    Missed kicks
    Boneheaded coaching gambles (fake fg and going for 2)


    It'll probably cost us a seed and the chance at a good playoff run. What a waste.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

      Once Gibbs went down, our chances of winning a title took a huge nosedive. The offensive line hasn’t been good enough to protect a true freshman. Heide has tried but he looks like a freshman. Can only complete short passes or screens.

      USD has a legit shot to win in 2 weeks

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

        Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Don't forget the fake field goal as well...

        Hard to get plays down field when there is no time to throw. This is not a great pass blocking line. When the run game is stagnant this offense can't do much.
        There have been any number of plays where Heide has all kinds of time to throw, he just doesn't seem to have anybody open (or is reluctant to throw a go-and-get-it ball).
        "I think we'll be OK"

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

          They play like this next week and they will get run out of our own stadium.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

            Honestly, I thought Heide was fine, minus the fumbles. Trying to do too much, a freshman thing to do. They just couldn't capitalize when needed, and they put the D in a bad spot that they couldn't recover from. If those turnovers were in redbird territory, it might be a different outcome. But you can't turn it over 3 times inside your 35 and expect to win a game.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

              Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              They play like this next week and they will get run out of our own stadium.
              That's kind of tough talk for I, you and yourself. We just did not play good today to win. Like Meyhem in the ALL state commercial says "it happens" as he drives off in a stolen vehicle and accidently hits the guy motor cycle on the way out of his drive There were too many Mayhem in black jerseys today.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                Originally posted by goon View Post
                Can we please burn these stupid black jerseys. The team always plays like crap in them.
                Uniforms had nothing to do with the game today. BTW our fanbase sucks. Lets build a f$cking dome cause we might get a couple more hundred people in Nov

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                  I credit the defense. They played their ass off being put deep into their own territory. Now a bad offsides penalty did cost them 5 points late; that was a killer.

                  Here comes UNI, who is better than Illinois State. All we can do now is hopefully win the last 2 and pray for a 6-7 seed.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                    Death, taxes, and Jackrabbit football blowing a game they should win.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                      Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      Honestly, I thought Heide was fine, minus the fumbles. Trying to do too much, a freshman thing to do. They just couldn't capitalize when needed, and they put the D in a bad spot that they couldn't recover from. If those turnovers were in redbird territory, it might be a different outcome. But you can't turn it over 3 times inside your 35 and expect to win a game.
                      I agree Heidi is just a kid who needs time to develop, we could go to Nelson.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                        Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Can we please burn these stupid black jerseys. The team always plays like crap in them.
                        GOOD IDEA Charles Coughlin looking down is saying WTF, is that our team, the team I once played for.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                          Well that sucked. The Jacks couldn't have handed this game over any easier. Too many turnovers. Can't forget this game soon enough. Time to move on to the UNI game
                          Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                            Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Uniforms had nothing to do with the game today. BTW our fanbase sucks. Lets build a f$cking dome cause we might get a couple more hundred people in Nov
                            No but they aren't our school colors. Our winning percentage has to be bad with the black uniforms.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                            Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                              7,200 the attendance today. What a joke

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

                                Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                7,200 the attendance today. What a joke
                                We lost a couple thousand students with the 3 day weekend. Dont know where the other loyal fans were

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X