Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ YSU Penguins

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    I agree bitching about it is a waste of time. In fact, posting on this website in general is probably a waste of time. But we are going to keep doing it. Let the bitching commence!!
    Suggestion...please open a thread to debate 2 or 1 calls. Let board members decide if they want to spend time on that thread, instead of paging through pages of game threads every week. And I must say that I don't thing posting on this website is a waste of time...in most cases!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Suggestion...please open a thread to debate 2 or 1 calls.
      It was discussed during the game. It was completely relevant to the game day thread. Suggestion, if you don't like that discussion don't read the thread.

Comment

I think I might be the only person on here that thinks this, but I want them to go for 2 more.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I think I might be the only person on here that thinks this, but I want them to go for 2 more.
          Your not! Especially as inconsistent as Chase has been on extra points.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Agree 100%. Go for 2 more and go for it on 4th down more, especially with our run game in short yardage.

The analytics are pretty clear on these 2 things that coaches should be more aggressive with their usage.
            Last edited by AZjack; 10-15-2019, 12:25 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              Agree 100%. Go for 2 more and go for it on 4th down more, especially with our run game in short yardage.

The analytics are pretty clear on these 2 things that coaches should be more aggressive with their usage.
              I agree. And I'll add this: When you win the coin flip, take the ball. It might get you an extra possession each game.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Until Stig retires, the card will be used. End of discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Until Stig retires, the card will be used. End of discussion
                  Thats is fine, it's his decision but I didn't realize it was strictly based on a chart. It takes the emotion out and that isn't all bad. I was not a fan of the first 2 ppoint attempt because it was so early in the game and that is probably the conventional wisdom, but I enjoy the discussion of the pros and cons, as long as it stays respectful, and am open minded enough to maybe even learn something. I am sure that by now Stig's chart is pretty refined by statistics and analytics and honestly by the way the game worked out, if we had converted it, we would have had a 4 point lead going into our last drive and they would have had to score a touchdown to beat us if they got the ball back. If we kicked two 2 point conversions, we still have a 3 point lead, so there was no downside, only upside. Aggressiveness can be contagious too.

Comment

Just because they use the card doesn't mean the card is right. just means they use it. Discussing the merits of going for 2 seems more then reasonable considering it was a factor in the game. I'm fine with going for 2 but it needs to make sense for the score and time.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Those short run plays featuring CW Wilson worked the second half but not in the first half. I believe in the last TD drive they ran the same CW at least eight times and YSU was apparently winded by then. I find it hard to believe CW only got 48 yards on the ground. Apparently he had negative yardage at half time.
                      Yes I mean CJ Wilson. Thanks for the correction and rep points Old Hare.

Comment

since we're back to talking about the card, I decided to look up if it actually made a difference, just the last game anyway, it did not, we made one 2 Pt conversion ,and failed on one....worked out the same as if we'd of just kicked all the x-tra points...kind of ironic.One thing I wonder about though, does it make you keep on going for it if you keep missing?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Nathan Mays should not be running like this on one leg. He’s tough.
                          Nice work guys!

https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/2...wn-state-video

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            So ndsu must be a dirty program since they caused atleast 2 season ending injuries to QBs.

Good call by Youngstown to let him have that moment.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              So ndsu must be a dirty program since they caused atleast 2 season ending injuries to QBs.

Good call by Youngstown to let him have that moment.

Good for Illinois St and refs for letting it happen. He did take a knee on 4th down so technically the ball should have turned over. Still a great moment for a senior.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X