X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated (football edition): The SDSUFans Thread

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Just read your chili recipe. It sounds fantastic.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Questions worth pondering:

Why would a penguin need a scarf and stocking cap? Aren't they, um, adapted to Antarctic winters?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Questions worth pondering:

Why would a penguin need a scarf and stocking cap? Aren't they, um, adapted to Antarctic winters?
        Gotta accessorize?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

ISU Blue preview: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ana-state.html
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Rants & Raves for the MSU victory!
            https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...raves-msu.html

Comment

Awesome post, as usual.

I was also baffled by the PI calls against the Jacks (almost as much as the erratic down and distance display you mentioned). Despite those calls against Jacks' DBs, this game had to give them confidence they could contest passes and get PBUs.

Couldn't agree more regarding the importance of fans showing up the next couple weeks. If the forecast for 11/9 holds, it's about perfect football weather for Nov., and it might be the warmest temp. we have for remaining games.

Comment

Well done. I just don’t get the Nelson playing a series deal. We know what we have with him. If you want to give another qb a look put hunter in for a series and see what he can do. Nelson is a great person, but he is not the answer for us

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                  Well done. I just don’t get the Nelson playing a series deal. We know what we have with him. If you want to give another qb a look put hunter in for a series and see what he can do. Nelson is a great person, but he is not the answer for us
                  Nelson is the best and fastest running quarterback we have. No problem bringing him to force defense to respect his running ability.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Nelson is the best and fastest running quarterback we have. No problem bringing him to force defense to respect his running ability.
                    Maybe I've just been spoiled by watching TC run, but Nelson seems like an average runner at best and not much of a threat to break off any long runs like Gibbs did at the end of the YSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      We have Strong to make team respect the run. We need to stick with one QB. Heide needs every snap he can get if we are going to win in the playoffs. Nelson isn't the guy to lead this team while Gibbs is out.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I see nothing wrong on holding a freshman quarterback, making his first start, out for a series to give him some time to process what he has experienced, revisit his strategy and gather his thoughts. It's a fast game!

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                          Maybe I've just been spoiled by watching TC run, but Nelson seems like an average runner at best and not much of a threat to break off any long runs like Gibbs did at the end of the YSU game.
                          Nelson is way to timid and indecisive which completely nullifies whatever speed he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            I see nothing wrong on holding a freshman quarterback, making his first start, out for a series to give him some time to process what he has experienced, revisit his strategy and gather his thoughts. It's a fast game!
                            I would agree with this except Heide wasn't struggling. He looked pretty comfortable actually. Pulling him out in that instance would slow down whatever momentum or confidence he was gaining

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                              I would agree with this except Heide wasn't struggling. He looked pretty comfortable actually. Pulling him out in that instance would slow down whatever momentum or confidence he was gaining
                              Yep, our offense seemed to finally start clicking imo when we pulled him.

Comment

Illinois State preview:

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ois-state.html

Comment

Working...
                                X