NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

I would 100% agree with you. I know Adam V. had his trials and tribulations during his time at SDSU, but didn't realize he had gotten replaced as well his senior year. That's wild.

Similar but different - who would have thought Mike Daum would be playing overseas right now while Tevin King and Skylar Flatten are in the G-league. Yes, yes - I know Mike is making more money and could be argued he's in a better spot but that's just odd how things play out. No one would have guessed that even at the end of last BB season.
    AJ Hess is playing in the G-League as well. So three guys from the 2016-217 roster, and none of them are Daum.

Comment

Mikey Daniel signs with the Falcons.

Luke Sellers signs with the Lions.

Comment

Rozeboom LA Rams.

Comment

How did Cade not get drafted??? What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            How did Cade not get drafted??? What a shame.

Definitely should have been drafted. But the one good thing is he had a choice of where he ended up, and he went to a place that has a QB that is one of the best in finding open receivers and getting them the ball..

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Definitely should have been drafted. But the one good thing is he had a choice of where he ended up, and he went to a place that has a QB that is one of the best in finding open receivers and getting them the ball..
              Be interesting to know what other offers were, as Seahawks used their 2nd Rd pick on Eskridge, a WR from WMU.

It'd seem Cade may need to replicate his progression with Jacks, starting in return game, which may be difficult given increased touchbacks on kickoffs

Comment

Would have loved to see Cade play this year for the Jacks as the additional spring exposure may have been helpful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Be interesting to know what other offers were, as Seahawks used their 2nd Rd pick on Eskridge, a WR from WMU.

It'd seem Cade may need to replicate his progression with Jacks, starting in return game, which may be difficult given increased touchbacks on kickoffs
                  Eskridge is 2 or 3 inches shorter than Cade, which likely limits him to the slot receiver spot. Cade is borderline for being big enough to play outside, has the advantage of being able to play both.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Eskridge is 2 or 3 inches shorter than Cade, which likely limits him to the slot receiver spot. Cade is borderline for being big enough to play outside, has the advantage of being able to play both.
                    Who knows how accurate the heights are, but I've seen them reported as 5'9" and 5'10", respectively. Eskridge is also a burner, while Cade's 40 time was a bit slower

I'll confess to hoping he'd go to the Vikes, and I personally think he'd have an easier time climbing their depth chart, as both a WR and return man, than Seattle's

Comment

It sucks he sat out this year to prepare for the draft and didn’t even get drafted. Could be playing right now...

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                        It sucks he sat out this year to prepare for the draft and didn’t even get drafted. Could be playing right now...

I'm sure he'd loved to have been playing, but I really don't think it was in is long term best interest to play.

All FCS draft picks were opt outs. I'd be curious if any FA signings were guys that played this year? I would assume not.... Because you really are not going to be able to go through the pre-draft process without an agent, and once you sign with you an agent you are declaring yourself as a professional athlete thus voiding your amateur/college eligibility. Covid probably changed some things this year, as far as NFL teams bringing in prospective players for pre draft workouts, interviews, visits, etc., and doing all of that while playing a spring season without an agent just wouldn't be possible.

If you were an FCS prospect at the end of the 2019 season, you really only had a few choices.
                        1. Transfer to a P5 school, like NDSU LB did by going to LSU. There was so much uncertainty at the start of the college season last fall, that if the school you transferred to would even be offering football. In hindsight, this was probably the best option if you could get it all to workout. You got a fall season and got the pre-draft offseason.
                        2. Sit out the season and start preparing for the draft. Definitely the best option for a lot of guys, especially if you were already projected as a mid-round pick like Cade Johnson. By playing a spring season or coming back for another year in fall 2021 and getting drafted in 2022, his draft status probably wasn't going to go up at all. He runs the risk of it going down, or getting hurt. Take the money when you can, a chance to play in the NFL is a once in lifetime opportunity in a one year window.
                        3. If you were a hopeful FA signing type prospect, probably best to play spring 2021, use the free year of eligibility to play fall 2021, and start the pre-draft process for the 2022 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                          Mikey Daniel signs with the Falcons.

Luke Sellers signs with the Lions.
                          Mikey Daniel is currently playing for the USFL's Pittsburgh Maulers

Multiple former FCS players are also on USFL rosters.

Comment

Mel likes Pierre Strong Jr as an under the radar choice in earlier rounds.
                            https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dra...e-malik-willis
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Pierre Strong drafted by New England in round 4!

Comment

Oladokun goes to the Steelers in the 7th.

Comment

Working...
                                X