No announcement yet.

Coaching Staff Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benedetto heading to Samford. The link to usd photo most likely from 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      Benedetto heading to Samford. The link to usd photo most likely from 2010.
      Much better direction then. Hopefully next year's 'Yote record is from 2010 as well.

Comment

Coach Eck with a major Twitter burn. Love it.

Remember Northern Illinois plays in the MAC. I am guessing he is trolling Jackson & Eidsness. I doubt there is any beef with them, just some good ribbing.
        https://twitter.com/coach_eck/status...352546306?s=21

Comment

And Dan Jackson has fired back.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            And Dan Jackson has fired back.
            And Dan Jackson wins by 3 football field lengths.

Comment

I’m pretty sure there were 2 players from the MVFC selected in the draft and 2 from the MAC. Dan lumping the MAC in with the rest of FBS is a bit of a stretch. You have to scroll pretty far down that list to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                I’m pretty sure there were 2 players from the MVFC selected in the draft and 2 from the MAC. Dan lumping the MAC in with the rest of FBS is a bit of a stretch. You have to scroll pretty far down that list to find them.
                I mean sure, but it's still better than the MVFC and a step up.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Because they offer more scholarships and pay their coaches more. Would love to see NDSU and SDSU face a MAC team.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Because they offer more scholarships and pay their coaches more. Would love to see NDSU and SDSU face a MAC team.
                    I am really disappointed to see Dan Jackson leave. I hope we can find a very suitable replacement.

I was very curious about the connection to Eidness and Jackson both leaving. Eidness was apparently looking and connected with the HC at NIU. The head coach is very well respected at NIU and had some success with the NFL Baltimore Ravens. There do not appear to be any hints of Eidness being connected to this coach, and apparently was looking for another job when he applied to NIU. Apparently the NIU HC saw merit in hiring Eric. I would have made the same decision. Who knows Eric could be a replacement for Coach Stig. If we follow the NDSU model, we would be smart to hire Eric or Clint Brown. I think they would be consistent in carrying on the same program. There are some things in offense that need to be changed, but NDSU success I feel is due to internal hiring and not hiring some flash who makes major changes and the program goes south. They know what works in Fargo and run the same plays year after year, with precision. That's what we need to do at SDSU. Stig had brought in some very good assistants and has made the program better with more resources. That is what we need to continue. I suspect there were people in Nebraska waiting for Dan Jackson to move in. I suspect a hiring process is going on now and we will soon have a replacement for Coach Jackson.

I hate to see both coaches leave, but getting hired away in not a bad thing. My bold in JackGUYII quote has to explain why both left SDSU. I dont have an inside angle, but am certain this is why they both left.

Comment

Jackson has already been replaced.
                      Rob Erickson. https://gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2140&path=football

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Jackson has already been replaced.
                        Rob Erickson. https://gojacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2140&path=football
                        I missed this breaking news apparently. I seldom check in to gojacks. Thank You for the update. I wonder who will take over Recruiting Nebraska. Erickson looks to be able from coaching! Not to sure about recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I missed this breaking news apparently. I seldom check in to gojacks. Thank You for the update. I wonder who will take over Recruiting Nebraska. Erickson looks to be able from coaching! Not to sure about recruiting.
                          I strongly suspect that Zach Lujan will take the lead on NebraskaJacks. He's the new recruiting coordinator and Nebraska has had a major impact on the roster. (I hope they keep the NebraskaJacks phrase going. Even the media in Nebraska talks about that. You are either good enough to be a Husker or a NebraskaJack.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            You are either good enough to be a Husker or a NebraskaJack.
                            Only one person is good enough to be NebraskaJack .

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

I strongly suspect that Zach Lujan will take the lead on NebraskaJacks. He's the new recruiting coordinator and Nebraska has had a major impact on the roster. (I hope they keep the NebraskaJacks phrase going. Even the media in Nebraska talks about that. You are either good enough to be a Husker or a NebraskaJack.
                              That does make sense. I never met Coach Lujan but have every reason to believe that he does best to represent SDSU.

Comment

Luke Schleusner - moves to WR coach
                                Ryan Olson - new TE coach https://gojacks.com/sports/football/...yan-olson/2210
                                Robert Arnheim - former WR coach has left

Comment

Working...
                                X