No announcement yet.

Coaching Staff Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well his title is assistant head coach and also special teams coordinator. To me that’s good enough to become head coach. He’s a class act and heck of a recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know the story on Jackson? He has been very quiet on Twitter with the late round of recruiting coming to a close. Also Zimmer seemed to be purposely vague when his name was brought up in the latest chat.

Comment

I wouldn't expect to hear anything official until after the late signing day on Wednesday.. It is odd that Jackson hasn't put anything up on Twitter for over a week.

Comment

-Jackson has been liking a lot of tweets from NIU commits, and coaches. I know that Eidsness is the OC there, but seems there could be a connection there.

-Haven't seem much on social media from Rodgers either.

It would be tough to replace, but I could see both potentially moving on. Hopefully Sell has a plan to retain them.....

Comment

Dan Jackson must be gone as no longer on any committment tweets.

Comment

Keep an eye on Nick Benedetto. Benedetto has been hired on at a FCS school (school was not disclosed).
              https://usfcougars.com/sports/footba...-benedetto/589

Tweet from Zim may have hinted at Benedetto going to SDSU.

Comment

Zimmer just retweeted that USF is naming a new defensive coordinator to replace Nick Benedetto, who has accepted an assistant's job with an FCS program. Any possibility that with rumors circulating of Jacks potentially losing an assistant(s), that he might be moving up I 29 to the north ?

Comment

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...99221232717824

Comment

Dan is headed to NIU. It will be announced sometime soon.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Dan is headed to NIU. It will be announced sometime soon.
                      Thanks for the info, that one really stings. Will this lead to any attrition with the current roster and/or commits?

I didn't notice that NIU had any coaching openings but they may be making room to strengthen their NE recruiting.

Was Jackson frustrated with current coaching staff or just truly a better opportunity? I tend to lean towards the former but just speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post

Thanks for the info, that one really stings. Will this lead to any attrition with the current roster and/or commits?

I didn't notice that NIU had any coaching openings but they may be making room to strengthen their NE recruiting.

Was Jackson frustrated with current coaching staff or just truly a better opportunity? I tend to lean towards the former but just speculation.
                        Eidsness made a lateral move to NIU job title wise last year and doubled his salary, don't overthink this man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post

... Was Jackson frustrated with current coaching staff or just truly a better opportunity? I tend to lean towards the former but just speculation.
                          Why in the world would you say that? Jackson was promoted quickly and often at SDSU, which is one of the top FCS programs in the nation. He is a highly valued coach and recruiter for the Jacks, and clearly is sought after by bigger schools. Now he's reportedly going to an FBS program, which is a step up in the pecking order of college football. I'm sure Northern Illinois pays their assistants a lot better than SDSU. Hopefully Jackson will return to SDSU in two or three years as head coach.

This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            Eidsness made a lateral move to NIU job title wise last year and doubled his salary, don't overthink this man.
                            Going from FCS OC to an FBS OC would qualify as a better opportunity. Clint Brown would be a case of a true lateral move, in which I got the sense he was frustrated with Stig, which prompted my question. Due to the fact NIU does not have an open coaching position (that I know of), I don't think the question is out of line if he was frustrated. Could be a better opportunity for Jackson as well, we shall see when it is made public. I am worried that we may not have seen the last of our coaching departures.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Zimmer just retweeted that USF is naming a new defensive coordinator to replace Nick Benedetto, who has accepted an assistant's job with an FCS program. Any possibility that with rumors circulating of Jacks potentially losing an assistant(s), that he might be moving up I 29 to the north ?
                              USF's new D Coordinator is former Jackrabbit CB Joe Ford. From Brandon, SD. Good dude.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Right road, wrong direction (pun intended)

Comment

Working...
                                X