Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question and your opinion on your helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question and your opinion on your helmets?

Not trying to stir trouble just curious what SDSU fans opinion on your helmets and which do you like better? I have always wondered what the idea was behind whoever designed your current helmet logo. Note the red arrow in the pic I attached (if it worked right not familiar with your boards steps to attach or embed a picture). I'm curious what is the thing on the helmet in the rabbit design supposed to be? I inserted a red arrow pointing to it. Just my opinion but I thought your previous helmets design looked better. Having the number on one side of the helmet and then the wrap around logo on the other just seems odd to me.

Do you guys like your new design better or the old one?
    Attached Files

Re: Question and your opinion on your helmets?

I think it's the rabbit's shoulder or something. I'm a huge fan of the rabbit helmets. The SD was fine, but from a distance, it just looks like a yellow blob. They did improve it a few years ago, taking the white lines out, so the letters are better defined. Still, the rabbit helmets, in my opinion are very cool.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I love the rabbit helmets. Can't decide if I like them with a white or yellow rabbit better.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It is based on the head logo. Jimmy Jack’s profile photo.
        https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/defaul...abbitLogos.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I think it's the rabbit's shoulder or something. I'm a huge fan of the rabbit helmets. The SD was fine, but from a distance, it just looks like a yellow blob. They did improve it a few years ago, taking the white lines out, so the letters are better defined. Still, the rabbit helmets, in my opinion are very cool.
          The only thing I wonder about the rabbit head design is whether the logo seems oversized. I've wondered if they would ever consider combining the two logos, perhaps using a transparent backing logo (e.g. "watermark-style) with the other logo in foreground (e.g., having the rabbit head outline "faded" with a stretch SD overlaid)

Comment

I think the SD logo was great for a regional marketing standpoint because most people knew what it was when they saw it, but I think now when we're getting more national marketing intention, the rabbit is more distinctive and the audience knows who it is immediately. I'm no marketing expert but that is my take on it. The jackrabbit is a pretty distinct logo unlike any other in the country.

Comment

Huge fan of the rabbit helmets
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                I think the SD logo was great for a regional marketing standpoint because most people knew what it was when they saw it, but I think now when we're getting more national marketing intention, the rabbit is more distinctive and the audience knows who it is immediately. I'm no marketing expert but that is my take on it. The jackrabbit is a pretty distinct logo unlike any other in the country.
                Totally agree. With help of exposure of MBB & people like Scott Van Pelt & Andy Katz on TV many more people are going to recognize the Jackrabbit helmet logo as SDSU if they see it than the SD logo. (CBS's pre-game or halftime show even mentioned the Nevada game coming up last night.) Being the only Jackrabbits in the country it is the way to go.

Comment

I was always a fan of your interlocking SD logo.

However with your helmet this way and your whites you get the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                  2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

I'm a fan of traditional uniform styles but I really like the rabbit head and numbers. Finally begging white pants also 2 thumbs up.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anything rabbit is unique and memorable. Anything “SD” blends into the fray. There’s a reason we complain about the “San Diego State” stuff on a weekly basis. I heard it again last night from Nevada. Nothing is worse than those “State” basketball jerseys, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Anything rabbit is unique and memorable. Anything “SD” blends into the fray. There’s a reason we complain about the “San Diego State” stuff on a weekly basis. I heard it again last night from Nevada. Nothing is worse than those “State” basketball jerseys, however.
                        I prefer the STATE ones.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The rabbit head is dope and we need to keep it, especially with the mouth breathers to the south copying it and all the other places that use it. Need to magnify our mascot that is unique, unlike the stretch SD and even our abbreviation, unfortunately. The fact that we are having to change to SD State really solidifies that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

There are a few other schools that have used the "Oversized" logo on one side, and the number on the other.

Boise state is one school I know for sure that does this, as well.

I actually like both of them.

One of the things I used to do, when I was playing NCAA Football on the Playstation... I'd do an SDSU team on "Create a School" and for "alternate" helmets, I'd go with a white helmet, and use the "running" rabbit on the sides... that looked pretty good.

Comment

I prefer traditional over 'modern'. I hope the oversized is a fade that fades in the next 5 years. I think the rabbit head on both sides would look pretty slick. I would be interested to see the running rabbit on a helmet.
                              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                              X