• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    Re: 12/14 @ Bison for a trip to Frisco

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Eh, most of them aren't that bad, unless you've been hanging out on bisonville.

I was looking and waiting for confirmation about CK. So I was checking twitter, Bisonville, and any internet stories.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I think we'll need to play flawless football. And even then it may not be enough.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a boat race.
    Agreed. After the way the Vikings played last night... I can't do that as a fan twice in one week. I need SDSU to win or be close at least.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

To me the key will be Stick. He has been pretty non-stick & slippery when we get our hands on him. The key will be wrapping up and grabbing cloth when we get to him. We can't let him escape our grasp like he is covered in Teflon. When we get to him we have to bring him down.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

I think we'll need to play flawless football. And even then it may not be enough.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a boat race.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    I agree. I can't see a scenario where this helps the Jackrabbits. The Bison will be amped to send Klieman out a winner... especially at home against SDSU. They will be hyper-focused.
    Maybe they get up get over hyped and emotional and we claw back into it and sneak one out at the end after their hype dies down after getting a lead.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Check out what happened after 2013.....

BTW distraction is now over. Now focus sets in to send the coach out right. Your timing could not be worse.
    I agree. I can't see a scenario where this helps the Jackrabbits. The Bison will be amped to send Klieman out a winner... especially at home against SDSU. They will be hyper-focused.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    If Korlikowski and Snyder are both out...gotta be real, those are probably two of our five most important players on defense. Two of our best players, anyhow, no matter how you slice it. And that that's a reason for some serious concern.
    Not having Krockett hurts the most, he was unblockable up in Fargo earlier this year.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The Bison's run may be ending. They've got a big senior class and with their coach and probably some of his assistants leaving for K-State, their recruits might be having second thoughts about going to NDSU. The Bison have a lot to think about this week. Advantage, Jacks.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach
    I doubt it. There are so many hidden resources especially their recruiting classes we know little about that haven’t seen the field. One staffer will stay behind to be their head coach. Next year, they will tough as nails. SDSU recruiting has improved but I think we are still trying to catch up

Leave a comment:

• BULLDOG
    replied

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    In most cases when a coach leaves for a new job, it would be a negative distraction for the team. However for this NDSU team I feel like they have so much respect and appreciation for their coach that it is a more of a rallying point and wanting to send him out on top.

Lots of times when coaches leave you see things on social media, hear things, current and former players, "we gave it are all for him and he left us hanging with games still to be played...." With Klieman it is all positive things and "congrats on the next step. Couldn't happen to a better coach."
    This isn't a regular season game. If both teams can't "get up" for a semifinal game there is something wrong. The distractions this week from not just Klieman, but all of the assistants who are also effected tremendously is substantial. NDSU will be up wether it's Klieman's last game or not. I'd hope our guys are "up" for getting our coach his first trip to Frisco. Distractions, yes, extra motivation, I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

In most cases when a coach leaves for a new job, it would be a negative distraction for the team. However for this NDSU team I feel like they have so much respect and appreciation for their coach that it is a more of a rallying point and wanting to send him out on top.

Lots of times when coaches leave you see things on social media, hear things, current and former players, "we gave it are all for him and he left us hanging with games still to be played...." With Klieman it is all positive things and "congrats on the next step. Couldn't happen to a better coach."

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Lots of pressure on the team and coaches to win this Friday and show that there weren’t any distractions. Jacks have nothing to lose in this game.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    It's truly amazing how rude and obnoxious the Bison fans are. As if their complete self absorbed arrogance wasn't enough.
    Eh, most of them aren't that bad, unless you've been hanging out on bisonville.

Leave a comment:

• BULLDOG
    replied

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    If Koralikowski and Snyder are both out...gotta be real, those are probably two of our five most important players on defense. Two of our best players, anyhow, no matter how you slice it. And that that's a reason for some serious concern.
    Agree #3 and #5 that I would not want to miss this weekend. Snyder, being his potential last game after what he's been through with injuries would be hard pill to swallow.
    Rozy
    Brown
    Snyder
    Earith
    Krockett

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

I agree that this news probably doesn't do anything to help SDSU's chances. But I don't think it really hurts that much either. I mean, this game was already going to be a 9.9 out of 10 on the intensity scale anyways, given the rivalry and the stakes. This news bumps it up to a 10.0. Big whoop. Were the Bison players and fans going to give it 75% effort and only be "mostly motivated" before the news broke today? Probably not.

It's a tough place to play, and a really tough place in the playoffs. If you're their main rival, it's off the charts. If it's their head coache's last game at home? It's slightly more off the charts, I guess? I honestly think all the "extra motivation" is really only a factor for the first few minutes, and then it's just another semi-final game (which will be challenging enough). I really don't think this news does much one way or the other for the Jacks chances. Come out flat and get down early, and they'll be all over us anyways. Come out and punch them in the mouth, and everyone will forget all about the symbolic drama around the game. It just adds to the storyline, and will make a potentially epic game all that much more epic, one way or the other I guess.

Any Bison fan that says some thing equivalent to "Now you REALLY don't have a chance" is simultaneously admitting that motivation to make it to Frisco prior to this news was not at 100%. I seriously doubt that was the case, so I'll take all their "extra motivation" regarding this news with a grain of salt.

Leave a comment:

• JackFan96
    replied

If Korlikowski and Snyder are both out...gotta be real, those are probably two of our five most important players on defense. Two of our best players, anyhow, no matter how you slice it. And that that's a reason for some serious concern.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X