X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmieTuba
    replied
    Re: Playoffs: Duquesne Dukes at The Dykhouse

I just looked at the forecast (via Weather Underground), it definitely keeps me in eastern Iowa. 5+ hour drive going into snow and ice isn't welcoming at all. I really want to make a playoff game, just seems weather/venue keeps me from attending.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Icy roads Wed night and 6 inches of blowing snow forecast for Saturday, low tickets sales doesn't surprise me. I love the Jackrabbits. I love snowy football. I don't love an hour commute in the same said snow. I really don't love that same commute in the blowing snow. I'm holding out making a decision on attending until Saturday morning. I can only hope every forecaster is wrong and the interstate is clear enough to make the trip.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitball
    replied

Little birdie tells me that the number of FB/BB combo tickets that were sold is exactly zero

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    and the 20% chance is?
    Too much Irish coffee beforehand.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

My favorite part of the cold weather late season and playoff games is seeing the "true" fans women, children and older patrons braving the elements when many students and other fair weather fans won't show up.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Never missed a playoff game, but this will be the first due to investment in tickets at the Basketball game in Minneapolis.
    First one ive missed also and for the same reason

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    My money is on "felony"
    Would a cowbell cover 20%?

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    and the 20% chance is?
    My money is on "felony"

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    The only prediction that I am willing to make for Saturday is that there is a 45% chance I get naked and a 35% chance I don't.
    and the 20% chance is?

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Never missed a playoff game, but this will be the first due to investment in tickets at the Basketball game in Minneapolis.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

The only prediction that I am willing to make for Saturday is that there is a 45% chance I get naked and a 35% chance I don't.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

A talented running back can also make a lot of people look like "bad tacklers." Pierre has a dangerous combination of talent (speed/power/elusiveness) and very good vision.
    He doesn't seem incredibly fast and is definitely not one I'd call "shifty", but the cuts he makes are precise and seem to happen at full speed. The tacklers at the second level seem to have a split second to get the angle right or he's gone.

I'd love to be at the game Saturday but I have to work earlier in the day out west. My one playoff experience was last year as part of a very small crowd watching a blowout over NH - and it was one of the most fun games I've been to. Go Saturday if you can.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

I'll be at the football game screaming my head off. Cannot wait. This work week is taking forever.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

A talented running back can also make a lot of people look like "bad tacklers." Pierre has a dangerous combination of talent (speed/power/elusiveness) and very good vision.
    Very true. It seems like he is getting better with every game. From the start of the year to now, his progression is amazing. He looks so confident in his vision and cuts now.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I agree, there has been some poor tackling, but it makes it really tough when you're on an island and the RB has a lot of room. The reason why there's been so much room is good O line play and defenses respecting TC's arm.
    Last edited by SoDakJack; 11-28-2018, 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X