X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hareofthedog
    replied
    Re: Playoffs

No mention of Stig interest by any football programs for open coaching positions. Why? Don’t tell me about age ( Mack Brown 67), loyalty or homegrown. Go get your worth!

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Former NDSU AD, Gene Taylor, is the AD at Kansas State so he knows Klieman well. (Did Taylor hire Klieman to replace Bohl?...I'm too lazy - and lack interest - to check the date Taylor left NDSU and compare to the date Klieman became head coach for the Bison.)
    He did

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Charlotte has withdrawn contract for Mike Houston. I’m thinking this opens door to go to ECU who fired their coach after hearing of the leak of Houston to Charlotte. Interesting stuff happening. Also keep eye on Kansas St situation as Klieman is rumored there as s candidate if Snyder resigns.
    Former NDSU AD, Gene Taylor, is the AD at Kansas State so he knows Klieman well. (Did Taylor hire Klieman to replace Bohl?...I'm too lazy - and lack interest - to check the date Taylor left NDSU and compare to the date Klieman became head coach for the Bison.)

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Charlotte has withdrawn contract for Mike Houston. I’m thinking this opens door to go to ECU who fired their coach after hearing of the leak of Houston to Charlotte. Interesting stuff happening. Also keep eye on Kansas St situation as Klieman is rumored there as s candidate if Snyder resigns.
    What a mess...

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Houston is/has possibly ruined 3 recruiting classes this week. Only one that is salvaged is where he chooses to coach ECU or JMU. I wonder how many of these touted JMU recruits bounce with him to wherever he ends up.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Or -$380
    Well with that attitude... LOL

Honestly though... I would feel really good about NDSU against any team on the other side of the bracket. Probably looking at 14 point favorites if they are in the championship, minimum.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Another related note... Right now you can bet on SDSU to win the Championship at +1250, $100 to win $1,250... not bad odds if you ask me, with the biggest task being NDSU in Fargo where we've won before. Also, NDSU is at -280... so, if you're like me and think that if SDSU doesn't beat NDSU, then NDSU will win the championship, there's a nice hedge opportunity for your potential $100 bet (would have to wager $280 on NDSU to win $100, so your results would either be $0 or $970). This is all for entertainment purposes of course.
    Or -$380

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Colgate still at +7.5 for anyone interested in that sort of thing.
    Another related note... Right now you can bet on SDSU to win the Championship at +1250, $100 to win $1,250... not bad odds if you ask me, with the biggest task being NDSU in Fargo where we've won before. Also, NDSU is at -280... so, if you're like me and think that if SDSU doesn't beat NDSU, then NDSU will win the championship, there's a nice hedge opportunity for your potential $100 bet (would have to wager $280 on NDSU to win $100, so your results would either be $0 or $970). This is all for entertainment purposes of course.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Sources have Mike Houston, JMU coach, taking job at Charlotte. Not sure what immediate plans would be for him.

**not my sources, but got from Bruce Feldman twitter**

didn’t want others thinking I was breaking board rules

Sam Herder makes a point of not knowing if he could finish out the year with the early signing period in December. Lots to digest if this true
    Colgate still at +7.5 for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Sources have Mike Houston, JMU coach, taking job at Charlotte. Not sure what immediate plans would be for him.

**not my sources, but got from Bruce Feldman twitter**

didn’t want others thinking I was breaking board rules

Sam Herder makes a point of not knowing if he could finish out the year with the early signing period in December. Lots to digest if this true

Leave a comment:

• Cowbell
    replied

A guy was walking down the street in Phoenix, looked up and saw a sign on a saloon that read, "All Drinks 10 Cents." The guy walked in, asked the bartender if it was true and getting confirmation quickly ordered a martini. After slurping it down he asked the bartender if he could get another one for ten cents. "Absolutely!" the bartender said. When the barkeep placed the drink in front of the guy he noticed two older fellows sitting at the end of the bar with nothing in front of them. The guy quietly asked the bartender, "What's their story?" The bartender replied, "Oh, they are from South Dakota and they are waiting for happy hour when drinks are half priced."

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Thats a good point. I do like where i sit. But i could sit by Thumper and Slosho in a corner and have a helluva lot more fun.
    We’re rowdier in the cheap seats, and there’s always room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    So, just thinking this through... if the Jackrabbits can handle their business Saturday against Duquesne, they would play the winner of Wofford and Kennesaw.

Kennesaw is the 4 seed, so cheering for Wofford would be the appropriate thing if you wanted a Jackrabbits home game the following round.

Both teams run the triple option. So, it would be a similar style whichever team they would face.
    Correct. Wofford is out ofor Spartanburg, SC. While not exactly a tropical locale, it would certainly be quite a bit colder in Brookings in December than anything the terriers have played in in recent times. Running an option offense in that type of cold shouldn't be a huge problem for them though.

If the Jacks play at KSU, they'll be in a suburb of atlanta, in a stadium that seems to hold about 9k. The owls get pretty decent crowds, but it still wouldn't be anything like playing in Fargo/Missoula/etc.

We want Wofford to win and guarantee us a home game in the quarters (provided we can get by a salty Duquesne Dukes squad). I also selfishly want to see Wofford I'm Brookings because they are kind of a classic FCS team. I watched them upset a top ranked Griz team in Missoula back in 2007. They've been a top 15 type program more often than not in the last 20 years, and are about all that's left of the old guard in the Southern Conference (along with Furman). A cool program with good history.

None of that is meant as a slight to KSU, who has had quite an amazing start to their football program these past few years. They have a very high ceiling, and I expect we'll be seeing them as a quarterfinal regular for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

So, just thinking this through... if the Jackrabbits can handle their business Saturday against Duquesne, they would play the winner of Wofford and Kennesaw.

Kennesaw is the 4 seed, so cheering for Wofford would be the appropriate thing if you wanted a Jackrabbits home game the following round.

Both teams run the triple option. So, it would be a similar style whichever team they would face.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X