replied
    Re: Playoffs

Numerous tickets for sale on stub hub right now. $85 to $140

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    The game will be a sell out. I think ticket obscurity will be the biggest thing stopping our fans from making it. First sell out of the playoffs for them, guess they needed SDSU to help them sell out the dome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I didn't mean to imply that NDSU would have problems with ticket sales. I do think the number of Jackrabbits researching heading north dropped considerably with the Friday night announcement.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
    I would think they maybe want to give some consideration for Maine and back to back West Coast trips and give them an extra day due to the travel.
    I kept seeing this over the weekend when I was anxiously awaiting the announcement of the game time, but Maine already got the Friday night game last week. They get 8 days between games. SDSU and NDSU get 6 days between games... Either way the whole thing is TV ($$$) driven and 7:00 is primetime.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
    Yep, if it prevents someone from watching the game, they have a legitimate complaint.

Considering how this board likes to talk about game attendance, this will probably prevent some people from traveling to the game.

Scheduling matters, no matter when the game occurs.
    The game will be a sell out. I think ticket obscurity will be the biggest thing stopping our fans from making it. First sell out of the playoffs for them, guess they needed SDSU to help them sell out the dome

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    We are in the semifinals....who cares when we play? Are we really going to complain about this?
    Yep, if it prevents someone from watching the game, they have a legitimate complaint.

Considering how this board likes to talk about game attendance, this will probably prevent some people from traveling to the game.

Scheduling matters, no matter when the game occurs.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Friday night spot has always been the prime spot, where ESPN places the game that will get the most viewership. There is a reason NDSU are normally the Friday night game.
    This. 7pm is pretty much around the time each big NFL/ FBS game is played at. Ndsu is ESPNs darling of the FCS, if you think they didn’t get what is considered the prime spot you’re crazy. That said, I would be disappointed as well if I wasn’t able to catch the game due to it being on a Friday instead of Saturday. But a SDSU/ndsu semifinal on Friday night? This thing is probably going to set FCS playoffs tv ratings records. That, and with myself having the full day prior to tailgate, I’ll be in PRIME form.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    I have trouble believing folks who'd watch on a Friday night wouldn't watch the same teams on a Saturday afternoon, and I think they'd gain viewers having it on Sat., as folks are more apt to have other Friday evening activities and/or popular shows they watch. However, I fully admit I wanted it on Sat. because working Friday won't allow me to watch the game
    Friday night spot has always been the prime spot, where ESPN places the game that will get the most viewership. There is a reason NDSU are normally the Friday night game.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

I have trouble believing folks who'd watch on a Friday night wouldn't watch the same teams on a Saturday afternoon, and I think they'd gain viewers having it on Sat., as folks are more apt to have other Friday evening activities and/or popular shows they watch. However, I fully admit I wanted it on Sat. because working Friday won't allow me to watch the game
    I actually agree with you. Next Sat has no other FBS games and people want football on Sat & Sun as long as the calendar will allow. Let's showcase the FCS on a Saturday afternoon on ESPN or ESPN2 and show the nation where Wentz, Goedert, Weineke, Brown, & Emanual come from.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Not being able to watch doesn't fill me with joy -- call that complaining if you want, but please don't say I'm somehow minimizing the Jacks reaching the semifinals.

Would you rather have apathy?
    I dont think I ever said you were minimizing anything.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    We are in the semifinals....who cares when we play? Are we really going to complain about this?
    Not being able to watch doesn't fill me with joy -- call that complaining if you want, but please don't say I'm somehow minimizing the Jacks reaching the semifinals.

Would you rather have apathy?

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    I think it’s more TV oriented. That’s a prime spot on national TV.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Sure hope not, as that'd mean I can't watch the game (and they'd be basing the scheduling on the lowest remaining seed's itinerary).
    I think it’s more TV oriented. That’s a prime spot on national TV.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Jacks play Bison at 7pm CT on 12/14. Guess I'll have to watch replay

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
    I would think they maybe want to give some consideration for Maine and back to back West Coast trips and give them an extra day due to the travel.
    Sure hope not, as that'd mean I can't watch the game (and they'd be basing the scheduling on the lowest remaining seed's itinerary).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X