• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackBBFan
    replied
    Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Bison could be down one RB (Dunn) for next week's game.

Also, Matt Zimmer suggested game would likely be on Friday, which would deviate from last year's schedule when the Jacks-Dukes game (also #1 vs. #5) was played on Sat. Anyone understand the rationale for the change in schedule (other than questionable improved TV ratings) when it serves to penalize the top seed by forcing them to have a short week?
    I would think they maybe want to give some consideration for Maine and back to back West Coast trips and give them an extra day due to the travel.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Bison could be down one RB (Dunn) for next week's game.

Also, Matt Zimmer suggested game would likely be on Friday, which would deviate from last year's schedule when the Jacks-Dukes game (also #1 vs. #5) was played on Sat. Anyone understand the rationale for the change in schedule (other than questionable improved TV ratings) when it serves to penalize the top seed by forcing them to have a short week?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Maine beats Weber in a game of dominating defense and inept QB play.
    Things picked up in the second half, but the first 30 minutes was like watching paint dry.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Unless that Maine D can lock down a high flying EWU/Davis offense, I think their lack of O will backfire next week.

Also of note, Maine will be making another trip to the west coast next week, regardless of who wins the Davis game tomorrow. That will also takes it toll eventually.

With that being said, I'm happy for Maine. Land grant schools that play FCS are close to my heart (with one notable green and yellow exception), and it's cool to see them do well. I hope Davis upsets EWU tomorrow on that Maxi Pad they call a field to set up an Aggies-Black Bears semifinal.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Pretty sure we would handle either team fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

Maine beats Weber in a game of dominating defense and inept QB play.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Of course, his last name isn't Snyder. Too bad for them and too bad for the rest of the MVFC.
    According to Football scoop twitter is that KSU zeroing I’m on Klieman as North Texas coach Littrell has removed his name.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I think the x factor is going to be snyder and how he attacks the run game in the secondary. Maybe it's just me but I feel this kind of game against an option team might really prove how valuable snyder transfering in might be.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbit3467
    replied

Never been a troll man. Not sure where that came from. I think we destroy Kennesaw next week. Not impressive at all against wofford. Play disciplined d and it could get ugly.
    Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    He's a big time troll. Just ignore. He'll be back again if we lose.
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rabbit3467
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    You could always post about something else if it bothers you enough to make your first post in over a month.

What was your take on all the games you watched from the first round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Over a month, thought it was longer. It was a ****ty post by me, you know drinking. Missed all first round games by being at parents that have no internet. Worst part was being to busy to not take my medicine for the post. Still, let the cowbells go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    Sounds like Klieman isn't good enough for K-State's boosters.
    Of course, his last name isn't Snyder. Too bad for them and too bad for the rest of the MVFC.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Charlotte has withdrawn contract for Mike Houston. I’m thinking this opens door to go to ECU who fired their coach after hearing of the leak of Houston to Charlotte. Interesting stuff happening. Also keep eye on Kansas St situation as Klieman is rumored there as s candidate if Snyder resigns.
    Sounds like Klieman isn't good enough for K-State's boosters.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    No mention of Stig interest by any football programs for open coaching positions. Why? Don’t tell me about age ( Mack Brown 67), loyalty or homegrown. Go get your worth!
    It most certainly is his age. He doesn't want to start all over and a school doesn't want to pay a guy for only a couple years. I laughed pretty hard at the Mack Brown comparison, so thanks for that. Talk about comparing apples to oranges

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    No mention of Stig interest by any football programs for open coaching positions. Why? Don’t tell me about age ( Mack Brown 67), loyalty or homegrown. Go get your worth!
    He will be at SDSU until he retires. IMO.

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Charlotte has withdrawn contract for Mike Houston. I’m thinking this opens door to go to ECU who fired their coach after hearing of the leak of Houston to Charlotte. Interesting stuff happening. Also keep eye on Kansas St situation as Klieman is rumored there as s candidate if Snyder resigns.
    Well crap - Charlotte is where I went to grad school. Not great news for a program that is just 5 years old.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X