GDT: USD Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: USD Coyotes

Buy the million dollar cover. I thought it was silly that we're playing fb in the beautiful stadium, and the players are skidding and sliding all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Why not just go for the heated field.
      I am sure the athletic dept would gladly accept your multi-million dollar donation for that. They would probably even name the field after you.

Comment

Oops. Deleted
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          Buy the million dollar cover. I thought it was silly that we're playing fb in the beautiful stadium, and the players are skidding and sliding all over the place.
          I want the contract for that! Ever seen a giant silage pile covered? Heavy plastic and some old tires. I think I can get it done for a million.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            I want the contract for that! Ever seen a giant silage pile covered? Heavy plastic and some old tires. I think I can get it done for a million.
            Dont quote me on the price but it is what I was told.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I wonder what the process would be to get a significant snowfall (3 or 4 inches plus) off the field if it came the day or night before a game. Not sure if you could use regular snow removal equipment on the turf. I remember seeing old Astroturf fields being cleared with big front-mounted circular brushes on smaller utility tractors, but that would raise hell with all the little rubber pellets in these newer turfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                My thoughts too. A 6 ml 200 by 60 foot tarp at Runnings is probably about 600 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                  My thoughts too. A 6 ml 200 by 60 foot tarp at Runnings is probably about 600 bucks.
                  Hell, pay 2,000 students $100 to lay on it for an hour before the game...heated and clear.

I almost wonder if the coaches wanted us on that surface. Saw a lot of Yotes just give up on the big plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Hell, pay 2,000 students $100 to lay on it for an hour before the game...heated and clear.

I almost wonder if the coaches wanted us on that surface. Saw a lot of Yotes just give up on the big plays.
                    It really does look like they gave up on those big plays, they seriously let Blake Kunz split the seam like he runs a 4.4 forty.

With that said, I would've gladly laid on the field naked as a student for a 6er of Hamm's and a burrito.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      I am sure the athletic dept would gladly accept your multi-million dollar donation for that. They would probably even name the field after you.
                      Goon Field at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium?

Comment

There is a company in Sioux Falls that could make a custom sized cover, Raven Industries. Likely for a lot less than $1 million. That said, I suspect getting a plastic cover off of the field with an inch or more of snow on it would be difficult. And there is little room around the field to store what is essentially a large rolled up tarp.

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          There is a company in Sioux Falls that could make a custom sized cover, Raven Industries. Likely for a lot less than $1 million. That said, I suspect getting a plastic cover off of the field with an inch or more of snow on it would be difficult. And there is little room around the field to store what is essentially a large rolled up tarp.
                          Store it? Wad it up and throw it away. Go buy another one when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Goon Field at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium?
                            I vote we all pool our money together just so we can name it Goon Field!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              I vote we all pool our money together just so we can name it Goon Field!
                              How about we wait a month or so? I'm hoping to have to spring for two playoff games'-worth of tickets in early to mid-December.

Comment

Since this is USD related and up to the top. Go to the USD fan page and read the total melt down going on over there about their loss in MBB. It sure made chuckle!

Comment

Working...
                                X