X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumper_76
    replied
    Re: GDT: USD Coyotes

I just wanna throw a huge KUDOS to the O line AND WRs for their blocking. No doubt we have talented backs who are doing a great job at making the one man miss, but you don’t basically go through 3 different backs and have them ALL average around 10 ypc without some ridiculous blocking.* They have been opening some just beautiful holes that give the rb so much room to juke past the defender and the wrs have been doing a phenomenal job blocking downfield to help these runs go for tds. Their play coupled with how the defense has stepped up really has me feeling good about this team right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Since this is USD related and up to the top. Go to the USD fan page and read the total melt down going on over there about their loss in MBB. It sure made chuckle!

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I vote we all pool our money together just so we can name it Goon Field!
    How about we wait a month or so? I'm hoping to have to spring for two playoff games'-worth of tickets in early to mid-December.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Goon Field at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium?
    I vote we all pool our money together just so we can name it Goon Field!

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    There is a company in Sioux Falls that could make a custom sized cover, Raven Industries. Likely for a lot less than $1 million. That said, I suspect getting a plastic cover off of the field with an inch or more of snow on it would be difficult. And there is little room around the field to store what is essentially a large rolled up tarp.
    Store it? Wad it up and throw it away. Go buy another one when you need it.

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

There is a company in Sioux Falls that could make a custom sized cover, Raven Industries. Likely for a lot less than $1 million. That said, I suspect getting a plastic cover off of the field with an inch or more of snow on it would be difficult. And there is little room around the field to store what is essentially a large rolled up tarp.

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
    My thoughts too. A 6 ml 200 by 60 foot tarp at Runnings is probably about 600 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I am sure the athletic dept would gladly accept your multi-million dollar donation for that. They would probably even name the field after you.
    Goon Field at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium?

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Hell, pay 2,000 students $100 to lay on it for an hour before the game...heated and clear.

I almost wonder if the coaches wanted us on that surface. Saw a lot of Yotes just give up on the big plays.
    It really does look like they gave up on those big plays, they seriously let Blake Kunz split the seam like he runs a 4.4 forty.

With that said, I would've gladly laid on the field naked as a student for a 6er of Hamm's and a burrito.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
    My thoughts too. A 6 ml 200 by 60 foot tarp at Runnings is probably about 600 bucks.
    Hell, pay 2,000 students $100 to lay on it for an hour before the game...heated and clear.

I almost wonder if the coaches wanted us on that surface. Saw a lot of Yotes just give up on the big plays.

Leave a comment:

• Sodakbull
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    I want the contract for that! Ever seen a giant silage pile covered? Heavy plastic and some old tires. I think I can get it done for a million.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

I wonder what the process would be to get a significant snowfall (3 or 4 inches plus) off the field if it came the day or night before a game. Not sure if you could use regular snow removal equipment on the turf. I remember seeing old Astroturf fields being cleared with big front-mounted circular brushes on smaller utility tractors, but that would raise hell with all the little rubber pellets in these newer turfs.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    I want the contract for that! Ever seen a giant silage pile covered? Heavy plastic and some old tires. I think I can get it done for a million.
    Dont quote me on the price but it is what I was told.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Buy the million dollar cover. I thought it was silly that we're playing fb in the beautiful stadium, and the players are skidding and sliding all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• West-River_Jack
    replied

Oops. Deleted

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Why not just go for the heated field.
    I am sure the athletic dept would gladly accept your multi-million dollar donation for that. They would probably even name the field after you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X