Southern Illinois Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Illinois Preview

So I have finally had an opportunity to look study SIU and watch some tape. This isn't going to be an easy game and I expect the game day thread to be full of angst, especially in the first half. I think we SHOULD be able to move the ball against their defense but I don't know if we play as sharp as we did last week. I think SIU's offense will be able to score early against us with a wrinkle that we aren't prepared for. I'm interested to see if their versatile tailback DJ Davis is able to play. He only had 6 carries and 2 receptions against WIU last week and has relinquished the punt and kick return duties to a freshman.

One goal I have for this game is to not have a red-zone turnover. That has become an annoying reoccurance and the offense needs to finish when they push it deep into the redzone. Anyways, for a full preview read this: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...-illinois.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Southern Illinois Preview

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    So I have finally had an opportunity to look study SIU and watch some tape. This isn't going to be an easy game and I expect the game day thread to be full of angst, especially in the first half. I think we SHOULD be able to move the ball against their defense but I don't know if we play as sharp as we did last week. I think SIU's offense will be able to score early against us with a wrinkle that we aren't prepared for. I'm interested to see if their versatile tailback DJ Davis is able to play. He only had 6 carries and 2 receptions against WIU last week and has relinquished the punt and kick return duties to a freshman.

One goal I have for this game is to not have a red-zone turnover. That has become an annoying reoccurance and the offense needs to finish when they push it deep into the redzone. Anyways, for a full preview read this: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...-illinois.html
    Those rebuilding coaches are something to fear.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Lol, you are correct about the angst. This game scares me. On the road, late in the season, rivalry game next week ...
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This game is no joke. SIU has been playing well recently, and we tend to struggle against them at their place. Very easily could turn into a shoot out. Need to come into this one very focused or we could easily see our dreams of a high seed evaporate before our eyes. Get up early and let the defense T off on their qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Follow Lindenwood on the D2 Board. Lindenwood is experiencing a certain amount of angst switching from the MIAA to the GLVC because of geography and not being competitive in football (Stugart is used to winning, not going 3-8). There's some talk about the GLVC improving in the near future because WIU and SIU might be downgraded to D2. With a new governor that's unlikely to happen, but the whole SIU system has been in more or less civil war and Carbondale now has a smaller enrollment than SIUE.

Have no idea if this pressure and SIUC's recent misery in football might make them more dangerous but I'm sure there are some old grads out there who would welcome a major upset of one of the Dakota schools.

Comment

Here are the matchups I'm watching tomorrow. https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...-to-watch.html

We will also be without the services of Seven and CJ for another week.

I had the chance to watch the WIU vs. SIU game last night. It looked like WIU came out super unfocused in the 3rd quarter. Once WIU settled down, they had their way with SIU in the late 3rd and 4th. SIU has some talent but overall not the complete roster talent and depth. I think DJ Davis was benched and I don't think he was hurt. The big back is not scary at all and is just a pure bruiser. If that is the game they want to play, I really like our chances!

Comment

What is the status of Seven and CJ? A couple weeks out or season ending?

Also, what is Seven's injury exactly? I heard a lot of speculation on knee/hamstring, but nothing definite.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                What is the status of Seven and CJ? A couple weeks out or season ending?

Also, what is Seven's injury exactly? I heard a lot of speculation on knee/hamstring, but nothing definite.
                They only tell me the area. So its a "leg injury". Doesn't sound season ending for Seven but I'm not 100% certain.

They were hopefully for CJ this week but its a bad bad thigh bruise that they are struggling to heal or even get to a spot where he can run.

Comment

If we are wringing our hands over a 2-7 football yeam, we need to drop out of the top 25 right now and get the **** out of the FCS forever. Christ how are we even going to compete in the playoffs? Jacks will take care of business
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    If we are wringing our hands over a 2-7 football yeam, we need to drop out of the top 25 right now and get the **** out of the FCS forever. Christ how are we even going to compete in the playoffs? Jacks will take care of business
                    agreed 100%.

Comment

Playing like 6-2 team and not like a 2-7 team will stop my hands wringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        All I'm saying is that the team better show up to play. SIU has a number of talented athletes on offense. They have the potential to go score for score with us if our defense isn't on top of their game. As I said in my preview, I think the Jacks win big.

Comment

Working...
                        X