Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance & Alcohol

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    You're right, it is crazy loud at times, and I'm at the 15 yd line on the NorthWest side. I'm all for loud music and creating an atmosphere, but it's obnoxiously loud sometimes.
    And you can tell the guy running the volume isn't always on his game. It seems as though when there are ads or people talking on the video board, they have to crank it up. But then once in a while they forget to turn it down before music starts playing. And then it gets turned down once they realize it.

There are some really odd songs they play too. Last week they were playing some rap song in the 2nd half that I'm sure anyone under 25 years old would recognize but it just didn't have its place at a football game. I think it was Mark Cuban once said, if people don't dance or sing along to a song, I don't want it played in my stadium. Pretty simple concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
      I was pleasantly surprised of the attendance this week. With everything that when on this week. Good weather will truly bring more fans. I have another rant about the backyard. There are a few spots that where empty this week or partially empty. There is wait list for spots and people are not using them or not fully utilizing them. and then there are spots with a lot of people. The backyard is just totally different you have the hardcore every weekend warriors. The Corporate spots and the we want a spots or the really good games(beef bowl/HoboDays/NDSU). I think that this affects the backyard a lot. Our group has even discussed moving out next for a better atmosphere. The bad thing is im not sure how to fix it.

Come on over to the pay lot by the library (I'm there with a group, Thumper and Slosho are there with a group as well. Separate of course... I'm already associated with Thumper more than I want to be... ). There's some good, consistent tailgating happening there and it could grow into a really fun tailgating area. Seems like the type of people that will be there almost every game and usually show up pretty early and have a good time. It's a good family atmosphere too.

Comment

As one of those spots that was empty last weekend I understand that it may be frustrating to see them empty but some times schedules just don't work out. Remember this game was not to be at home so some people may have scheduled other events and as for myself I have kids in middle school and high school that had their own games to play in or be at last weekend was a big weekend of Saturday high school games. Now with that said we will be at the rest of the games tailgating hard rain, snow, hail nothing will keep us away. As for the University they get their money if the spot is used or not so they don't really have a problem. I think welcoming back to the students to the backyard would help the environment a ton.

Comment

I think opening up the gravel lot to the north to paid parking will help. If people utilize those spots to tailgate it could really help the atmosphere of the Backyard.

Comment

Sounds like they need an audio processor so it evens out the sound level. We used them all the time in radio and it really makes a difference.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoJacksSD...50525645017089

Thought I'd share. ConFrench only pack includes all 4 home MVFC games (even NDSU and Hobo Day) for 95 bucks. Hard to beat that. I'm sure this is targeted to boost numbers for the November games. Based on the current Marker and Hobo Day single game price, buying this pack is essentially getting two free tickets to UNI and ISUR. Sounds like a good way to make things cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Thought I'd share. ConFrench only pack includes all 4 home MVFC games (even NDSU and Hobo Day) for 95 bucks. Hard to beat that. I'm sure this is targeted to boost numbers for the November games. Based on the current Marker and Hobo Day single game price, buying this pack is essentially getting two free tickets to UNI and ISUR. Sounds like a good way to make things cheaper!
                Wow that is a great deal. Hopefully this gets marketed well so people are aware

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoJacksSD...80157988605952

Another deal. This one is for students. I like the idea, I'm just not sure it'll work. Hope it does!

Comment

While these kinds of deals are great... they could be a little off putting to people who buy season tickets and donate... this is a fine line for the athletic department to walk. I was not too pleased after buying playoff tickets at a premium only to find out that had I waited I could have saved some money if I had waited...
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoJacksSD...80157988605952

Another deal. This one is for students. I like the idea, I'm just not sure it'll work. Hope it does!
                      so all of us who are cheap just need to make friends with some college kids before the game and get all of us in the door for 5 bucks each that sounds good. I am just kidding of course.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        so all of us who are cheap just need to make friends with some college kids before the game and get all of us in the door for 5 bucks each that sounds good. I am just kidding of course.
                        ah brings back memories of gathering student id s for out of town friends.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Totally did that as well. My girlfriend at the time now my wife came up to visit and we went to a basketball game and only ID we could borrow was a guy friend of ours who was gone for the weekend and probably the only time when she swiped the ID the ticket lady checked it and ask why she had Dustin's ID and my wife's reply shoot I must have grabbed my boyfriend's ID by mistake then she let her in. Probably the only time a ticket lady ever checked the ID. I dont know how that would work now but it worked 17 years ago.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In keeping up with the theme of this thread I can promise I will be in attendance this weekend and I will be consuming alcohol.

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

It use to be that students only had to show their ID rather than have it swiped to get into Coughlin-Alumni. We took advantage of this by having the actual students at SDSU pass through the southwest entrance first, then they would take a hard right and hand their IDs through the chain-link fence to the non-SDSU students on the outside. Worked every time without question.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Thought it was cool to have AD Sell and Coaches Henderson and Hahn walking through the east side crowd prior to this evening's Beef Bowl thanking fans for attending. It's not the first time I've seen coaches or Justin Sell at games, but it was neat seeing them walking through the stands interacting with fans.
                                Last edited by jakejc795; 09-22-2019, 05:51 AM. Reason: Missing apostrophe

Comment

Working...
                                X