Top 10 10/31 release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 10/31 release

Fyi, the FCS selection committee will release their first (and I think only) top 10 tonight at half time of the Ball State/Toledo game. It will be interesting to see where we sit right now. I'm guessing we'll come in at 7. Here's my prediction for the top 10.

1. NDSU
    2. JMU
    3. Kennesaw
    4. Davis
    5. EWU
    6. Weber
    7. SDSU
    8. Elon
    9. Wofford
    10. JSU

Considering NDSU will likely have the 1 seed, I'm hoping for the 6 or 7 seed come selection Sunday. Not that I don't think we can win in Fargo, it would just be so sweet to knock them off in the championship.

Re: Top 10 10/31 release

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Fyi, the FCS selection committee will release their first (and I think only) top 10 tonight at half time of the Ball State/Toledo game. It will be interesting to see where we sit right now. I'm guessing we'll come in at 7. Here's my prediction for the top 10.

1. NDSU
    2. JMU
    3. Kennesaw
    4. Davis
    5. EWU
    6. Weber
    7. SDSU
    8. Elon
    9. Wofford
    10. JSU

Considering NDSU will likely have the 1 seed, I'm hoping for the 6 or 7 seed come selection Sunday. Not that I don't think we can win in Fargo, it would just be so sweet to knock them off in the championship.
    I believe the Valley will have 4 in the top 10. UNI might be a bit of a reach though. SDSU will be in the top 5.
    1. North Dakota State
    2. James Madison
    3. South Dakota State
    4. Kennesaw State

5. Illinois State
    6. UC Davis

7. Weber State
    8. Elon
    9. UNI
    10. Delaware

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      I believe the Valley will have 4 in the top 10. UNI might be a bit of a reach though. SDSU will be in the top 5.
      1. North Dakota State
      2. James Madison
      3. South Dakota State
      4. Kennesaw State

5. Illinois State
      6. UC Davis

7. Weber State
      8. Elon
      9. UNI
      10. Delaware
      Hoo boy... the amount of MVFC bias this would take to happen and the ensuing rage from the rest of the FCS would be amazing... However, with Illinois State's loss to Missouri State (non playoff team), there's no way they are in the top 10 with 3 losses. UNI has losses to Montana and Western Illinois (potentially both non playoff teams) and 3 FCS losses total, again there's no way.

Comment

1. North Dakota State
        2. James Madison
        3. South Dakota State
        4. Kennesaw State

5. Illinois State
        6. UC Davis

7. Weber State
        8. Elon
        9. UNI
        10. Delaware
        No way IMO. ISU and UNI won’t make the top 10.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

1. North Dakota State
          2. James Madison
          3. South Dakota State
          4. Kennesaw State

5. Illinois State
          6. UC Davis

7. Weber State
          8. Elon
          9. UNI
          10. Delaware
          MVFC shouldn't have more than 2, max. And it's possible they only have 1. The committee doesn't weight SoS the same way we do. I'd imagine JSU and Colgate will both make an appearance in the top 10.

My guess:

1. NDSU
          2. KSU
          3. Davis
          4. JMU
          5. Weber
          6. Elon
          7. Colgate
          8. SDSU
          9. Wofford
          10. JSU

In my opinion, the 10 teams right now are:

1. NDSU
          2. DAVIS
          3. JMU
          4. WEBER
          5. KSU
          6. SDSU
          7. DELAWARE
          8. EWU
          9. WOFFORD
          10. COLGATE

Comment

Here it is:

1. North Dakota St
            2. James Madison
            3. UC Davis
            4. Weber St
            5. Elon
            6. Kennesaw St
            7. South Dakota St
            8. Wofford
            9. Eastern Washington
            10. Delaware

I hit 9/10 teams and 3/10 exact spots. Not too shabby.

Comment

Here it is:

1. North Dakota St
              2. James Madison
              3. UC Davis
              4. Weber St
              5. Elon
              6. Kennesaw St
              7. South Dakota St
              8. Wofford
              9. Eastern Washington
              10. Delaware

I hit 9/10 teams and 3/10 exact spots. Not too shabby.
              8/10 for me. 3/10 exact spots. UNI didn't surprise me, but Illinois State I thought would squeeze in at 10. Maybe a little bias, but more based on their strength of schedule.

Comment

Remaining Schedules for the Top 10 Teams:

1) NDSU
                --- Youngstown St; @ Missouri St; Southern Illinois

2) James Madison
                --- @ New Hampshire; Rhode Island; @Towson

3) UC Davis
                --- Northern Arizona; @ Eastern Washington; Sacramento St

4) Weber St
                --- Sacramento State; @ Southern Utah; @ Idaho St

5) Elon
                --- Rhode Island; Towson; @ Maine

6) Kennesaw St.
                --- Campbell; @ Monmouth; Jacksonville St (neutral site)

7) SDSU
                --- Missouri St; @ SIU; USD

8) Wofford
                --- @ Samford; @ Western Carolina; Presbyterian

9) Eastern Washington
                --- @ Northern Colorado; UC Davis; @ Portland St

10) Delaware
                --- @ Albany; @ Stony Brook; Villanova
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Looking at where things sit, it looks like realistically with winning out we probably max out at the 5 seed. I don’t see us jumping most of the teams above us outside of Elon and Weber, both of whom I think are pretty high to begin with. Even if JMU loses to Towson I doubt they drop that far, people nationally are still viewing them as the JMU of the prior two years IMO. Also, if Towson were to win out I wouldn’t be surprised to see them jump over us with the wins they would have.

8/10 for me. 3/10 exact spots. UNI didn't surprise me, but Illinois State I thought would squeeze in at 10. Maybe a little bias, but more based on their strength of schedule.
                  There’s just no way to justify a .500 team in the top ten, SOS or no. That’s just a whole lot of bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Looking at where things sit, it looks like realistically with winning out we probably max out at the 5 seed. I don’t see us jumping most of the teams above us outside of Elon and Weber, both of whom I think are pretty high to begin with. Even if JMU loses to Towson I doubt they drop that far, people nationally are still viewing them as the JMU of the prior two years IMO. Also, if Towson were to win out I wouldn’t be surprised to see them jump over us with the wins they would have.
                    Sign me up for the 6 or 7 seed, please (ideally 6). Would like to avoid 8 for sure. If we can't get the 4 seed, I would rather get the 6 or 7 seeds than the 5 seed if we're going to be on the road either way. The chances of the 2 or 3 seed losing their first game will be greater than NDSU losing in their first game.

Comment

Sign me up for the 6 or 7 seed, please. Would like to avoid 8 for sure. If we can't get the 4 seed, I would rather get the 6 or 7 seeds than the 5 seed if we're going to be on the road either way. The chances of the 2 or 3 seed losing their first game will be greater than NDSU losing in their first game.
                      Maybe I’m just batspit crazy but I kinda want a crack at ndsu again. I don’t think we win necessarily, but if we get healthy before that game........I think it’s more because that would be the sweetest feeling W we’ve ever had. I was pretty disappointed that it was JMU who ended their run and not us tbh. That being said, getting sent to the JMU side of the bracket has its own delicious revenge possibilities as well. I’m so torn

Comment

Maybe I’m just batspit crazy but I kinda want a crack at ndsu again. I don’t think we win necessarily, but if we get healthy before that game........I think it’s more because that would be the sweetest feeling W we’ve ever had. I was pretty disappointed that it was JMU who ended their run and not us tbh. That being said, getting sent to the JMU side of the bracket has its own delicious revenge possibilities as well. I’m so torn

What would be sweeter? Going into their place and knocking them off or doing it in Frisco? I chose Frisco, because that means we actually made it to Frisco for once at least.

Comment

What would be sweeter? Going into their place and knocking them off or doing it in Frisco? I chose Frisco, because that means we actually made it to Frisco for once at least.
                          In Fargo. Couple of reasons. If we do it in Fargo we should be able to win in Frisco against whoever we play. Second reason is we would get to be the ones who stopped one of their best teams ever from making it to the championship game. Third reason is I think the loss would hurt more at home for them than in Frisco, and we owe them a lot of fan emotional trauma from over the years. Last reason is tickets to Frisco and lodging will be a million times cheaper and more accessible.

That said, an all xDSU chipper would be LEGENDARY and the tailgate would be INSANE. Neither one is a bad option.

Comment

In Fargo. Couple of reasons. If we do it in Fargo we should be able to win in Frisco against whoever we play. Second reason is we would get to be the ones who stopped one of their best teams ever from making it to the championship game. Third reason is I think the loss would hurt more at home for them than in Frisco, and we owe them a lot of fan emotional trauma from over the years. Last reason is tickets to Frisco and lodging will be a million times cheaper and more accessible.

That said, an all xDSU chipper would be LEGENDARY and the tailgate would be INSANE. Neither one is a bad option.

You make a solid argument. I love factoring in which one would hurt worse for them and inflict the most emotional trauma, LOL.

Comment

You make a solid argument. I love factoring in which one would hurt worse for them and inflict the most emotional trauma, LOL.
                              I’m petty like that LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X