• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slosho
    replied
    Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    @JackJD what say you? suspended imposition of sentence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Well, suspended imposition of sentence it is. Pretty standard practice in a case anything like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Agree with the first paragraph and mostly agree with the second phrase about closet alcholics. I only had two jobs since leaving SDSU, and that's a long story, but the first employer never knew about my two DUI's. I handled all the court matters on my own time and never told my supervisors that I was headed to court. So yes, they can be very clever. This is was one time I was clever.

If so with Coach Stig he turns out to be a closet alcoholic, I will be sadly disappointed. His upfront contacts with Justin Sells and President Dunn suggests non-alcoholic behavior and he may not be one at all.

BTW I honestly believe the officer will have a difficult time in court with this particular complaint.
    I still cant imagine if in fact he did have Joose, when or where in a 100 mile radius, he would have gone to get it without being recognized/outed.

There is no convenience store, none, near Brookings that I can imagine SOMEONE whether that be the cashier, or another customer wouldn't have recognized him at the counter...."Holy nutmeg was that Stig buying a Joose?" and let the rumors fly from there.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Nope but if I had to make a list of coaches at SDSU most likely to get a DUI Stig would have been at the bottom of the list. Seriously, dead last.

I too tend think the arresting officer erred in her understanding of what Stig was drinking, but at the same time closet alcoholics will go to great lengths to hide their alcohol use so it's maybe not inconceivable.
    Agree with the first paragraph and mostly agree with the second phrase about closet alcholics. I only had two jobs since leaving SDSU, and that's a long story, but the first employer never knew about my two DUI's. I handled all the court matters on my own time and never told my supervisors that I was headed to court. So yes, they can be very clever. This is was one time I was clever.

If so with Coach Stig he turns out to be a closet alcoholic, I will be sadly disappointed. His upfront contacts with Justin Sells and President Dunn suggests non-alcoholic behavior and he may not be one at all.

BTW I honestly believe the officer will have a difficult time in court with this particular complaint.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    With the number of hours the coaching staff spends together every day for what, about 8 months of the year, does it really seem possible that Stig could be a closet alcoholic without the rest of the coaching staff knowing and calling him on it ?
    Nope but if I had to make a list of coaches at SDSU most likely to get a DUI Stig would have been at the bottom of the list. Seriously, dead last.

I too tend think the arresting officer erred in her understanding of what Stig was drinking, but at the same time closet alcoholics will go to great lengths to hide their alcohol use so it's maybe not inconceivable.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    With the number of hours the coaching staff spends together every day for what, about 8 months of the year, does it really seem possible that Stig could be a closet alcoholic without the rest of the coaching staff knowing and calling him on it ?
    Let me start out by saying that I don't believe that Stig is an alcoholic, or even has a drinking problem. He just made a dumb decision and now has to live with it.

That being said, it seems completely plausible that a staff would know and keep it quiet. After all, those coach's families rely on that head coach for their livelihood. It is how scandals happen in the big programs. If you call out the head coach it could end in his termination and, in turn, yours. Or perhaps you don't get that promotion for LB coach to Defensive Coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Transcript... how about a video? I want to see how much he was actually stumbling around like the report says, and I want to hear what he sounded like when he was talking and how he referred to Joose or juice. Don't these things usually get released at some point? What does it take? It seems like if it's a celebrity or pro sports player, they get released fairly quickly.
    Oh for sure. But hey, baby steps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    My only issue with #3 being plausible is if you are in fact an alcoholic, it’s going to take at least 3-4 of them bad boys to get to the level of putting a car in the ditch. I think #2 is plausible, someone who doesn’t know better is likely to get drug into getting one with to coloring, plus they’re usually by the wine coolers I think. I tend to lean towards #1 though. I wish we could see the transcript of the arrest.

Transcript... how about a video? I want to see how much he was actually stumbling around like the report says, and I want to hear what he sounded like when he was talking and how he referred to Joose or juice. Don't these things usually get released at some point? What does it take? It seems like if it's a celebrity or pro sports player, they get released fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Bought the screw driver flavor. Think it was 12% alcohol (24 proof for the inexperienced) and they conveniently come in silos. Although I've never had poison, I imagine it tastes reasonably similar to the flavor of Joose I tried. I just can't believe Stig bought one of these just to sip on while doing his taxes.

I think one of the following applies:

1) The arrest report is wrong and Stig wasn't drinking Joose.
    2) Stig is such an inexperienced drinker he thought Joose looked good (I mean the cans are colorful!).
    3) Stig is a closet alcoholic and was looking to get bombed.
    My only issue with #3 being plausible is if you are in fact an alcoholic, it’s going to take at least 3-4 of them bad boys to get to the level of putting a car in the ditch. I think #2 is plausible, someone who doesn’t know better is likely to get drug into getting one with to coloring, plus they’re usually by the wine coolers I think. I tend to lean towards #1 though. I wish we could see the transcript of the arrest.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Good work sir. Touche. Can we get your review of the drink and your experience?
    Bought the screw driver flavor. Think it was 12% alcohol (24 proof for the inexperienced) and they conveniently come in silos. Although I've never had poison, I imagine it tastes reasonably similar to the flavor of Joose I tried. I just can't believe Stig bought one of these just to sip on while doing his taxes.

I think one of the following applies:

1) The arrest report is wrong and Stig wasn't drinking Joose.
    2) Stig is such an inexperienced drinker he thought Joose looked good (I mean the cans are colorful!).
    3) Stig is a closet alcoholic and was looking to get bombed.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

You owe me $20.
    Good work sir. Touche. Can we get your review of the drink and your experience?

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

You owe me $20.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

$20 says you don't finish it... they taste like poison. It's unfathomable to consider that Stig was actually drinking that stuff.
    You owe me $20.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    Any news from yesterday? I'm guessing it was nothing more than clarifying your name and the charges, whatever else small misc. stuff goes on in that first court appearance.
    None and his court appearance per The Brookings Register was March 6. A continuance would not surprise me. I think Coach has a good lawyer who might be working on a number of things. Pure speculation on my part.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

Any news from yesterday? I'm guessing it was nothing more than clarifying your name and the charges, whatever else small misc. stuff goes on in that first court appearance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X