• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CappinHard
    replied
    Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    He said slyly as 61 is 2 steps from the glue factory for the old horse. Bill Snyder cannot decide at 78 how long to work and a guy named Paterno had to step down at an older age for reasons unrelated to age. Stig might be around for another 15 years which will certainly fire up the "thought he would retire" conversations. This is almost funny to read.
    Ha, not due to his age. I've talked to former players that have told me they thought Stig would be done soon.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    According to Zimmer's recent article, Sell imposed a fine and community service work, which he has completed and "Sell considers the matter closed".

Along with that, apparently Stig is looking for another multi year contract, which supposedly will happen this fall or shortly after this season. I thought he might be winding down, but apparently he's ready for a few more years at least. Maybe we'll win a title and he'll change his tune, who knows.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ts/1055430002/
    He said slyly as 61 is 2 steps from the glue factory for the old horse. Bill Snyder cannot decide at 78 how long to work and a guy named Paterno had to step down at an older age for reasons unrelated to age. Stig might be around for another 15 years which will certainly fire up the "thought he would retire" conversations. This is almost funny to read.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

According to Zimmer's recent article, Sell imposed a fine and community service work, which he has completed and "Sell considers the matter closed".

Along with that, apparently Stig is looking for another multi year contract, which supposedly will happen this fall or shortly after this season. I thought he might be winding down, but apparently he's ready for a few more years at least. Maybe we'll win a title and he'll change his tune, who knows.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ts/1055430002/

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Or how about D.A.M.M. = " Drunks against Mad Mothers".

N
    ot
    Until
    Topping Off
    My
    Empty
    G​lass

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I did see a good one on Twitter the other day that made me laugh. M.A.D. = "Make Another Drink"
    Or how about D.A.M.M. = " Drunks against Mad Mothers".

Leave a comment:

• adminhare
    replied
    Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
    Troll alert
    You're right. So, let's not feed the troll -- they usually just shrivel up and go away.
    (JackJD, signed in as adminhare)

Leave a comment:

• tbcruiser
    replied

Troll alert

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by Bigskybears View Post
    Saw the news about your coach on ESPN. It's a shame really. I lost my father to a drunk driver when I was two years old. By the grace of God he did not hurt anyone. Usually a DUI is an extension of alcoholism. Is he getting help for this?
    I know a lot of people who have gotten DUIs that we’re not and are not alcoholics.

If the JOOSE thing is what you want to point to for it then sure, but to say a DUI is “usually” a sign of alcoholism is way over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bigskybears
    replied

Saw the news about your coach on ESPN. It's a shame really. I lost my father to a drunk driver when I was two years old. By the grace of God he did not hurt anyone. Usually a DUI is an extension of alcoholism. Is he getting help for this?

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Lol yes it will.

I did see a good one on Twitter the other day that made me laugh. M.A.D. = "Make Another Drink"

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    As somebody just texted me...it will make for great beer labels.
    Lol yes it will.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

One season? This thing is going to stick around for years. But let’s be honest, they needed some new material, CAS is gone and you can only say playoff attendance jokes so many times (that’s not true, they say them all the times lol).

As somebody just texted me...it will make for great beer labels.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

One season? This thing is going to stick around for years. But let’s be honest, they needed some new material, CAS is gone and you can only say playoff attendance jokes so many times (that’s not true, they say them all the times lol).

It'll be around as long as Stig is the coach here, and among some of the lesser-IQ opposing fans, beyond even that.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    How can that be? He was drinking Joose after all, so they should have thrown the book at him.

Looks like it will be water under the bridge, or maybe Joose under the bridge. We will just have to put up with a season of opposing fans mocking him. I'm looking forward to having this all in the rear view mirror and we can consider actions on the field rather than what happened in a ditch.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Well, suspended imposition of sentence it is. Pretty standard practice in a case anything like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    How can that be? He was drinking Joose after all, so they should have thrown the book at him.

Looks like it will be water under the bridge, or maybe Joose under the bridge. We will just have to put up with a season of opposing fans mocking him. I'm looking forward to having this all in the rear view mirror and we can consider actions on the field rather than what happened in a ditch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X