Stig Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

DUI is an odd crime. When someone has been caught and tried, 99% of the people saying tsk, tsk have committed the crime including the news reporter, president of the University, judge and prosecutor. I’m 52, and I doubt I know but less than 10 prople in my lifetime that have not committed this crime. I can’t think of any other offense like it

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
      DUI is an odd crime. When someone has been caught and tried, 99% of the people saying tsk, tsk have committed the crime including the news reporter, president of the University, judge and prosecutor. I’m 52, and I doubt I know but less than 10 prople in my lifetime that have not committed this crime. I can’t think of any other offense like it
      I dont think the state has a open and shut case here. Stig's goodwill just might get him through this, but we have to wait until March 6. Yes DUI is a strange animal. Even states attorney's like Clyde Calhoun would give people the benefit of doubt.

Comment

Seems pretty easy to avoid one to me. I have been legal to drink for 21 years and never gotten one.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Have you committed this crime?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            The police report says he did not consent to PBT a preliminary breath test. This is the detail that's got my head spinning.
            The police report DOES NOT say he refused a PBT. People need to read that before commenting.

Comment

I have zero DUI offenses, zero suspended impositions, zero breathalyzers, and zero blood tests. Having gone to SDSU and lived there for 20 years, there were plenty of times an officer pulled me over for "not signaling" when leaving the downtown area after 11. It comes down to making smart decisions.

I can somewhat understand the idea of getting one because maybe you had a little extra wine. But anything after one is inexcuseable. But the lax DUI repeat offender laws are for another forum

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                The police report DOES NOT say he refused a PBT. People need to read that before commenting.
                I always thought that the blood test was just apart of the process.

Comment

dwi, dui, oui, owi whatever the label, you can be arrested for cough syrup in your system if the bac comes back at a certain level like 0.05. my son was arrested for operating while impaired on marijuana. he hadn't smoked for over two hours but a zealous deputy arrested him anyway. his bac came back at something like 0.0000084 nanograms. the judge who previously had 3 dui's, 1 drunk in chambers, and was once on a tether for her dui's gave him mandatory drug/alcohol testing weekly, 2 years probation, 15 days in jail and over $4000 in fines, testing, AA classes. all for a 1st offense. I support Stig and any one who even thinks he should resign his position for a one time lapse of good judgement go to .... I hate it when a person is judged, "well he did this or that, he should be fired and never be allowed to work again" in this society.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Oh yeah!!! Look at the bottom of page 3;
                    The officer makes this comment
                    I could not obtain a PBT from Stiegelmeier

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ent/p3/a407430

Unless PBT stands for something else other than preliminary breath test, than I stand to be corrected.

Comment

Yes my friend twice. Its no fun and its expensive. Let me rephrase my answer. I was legally caught twice, but drove intoxicated maybe 5000 times and very luckily did not kill or injure anyone. My last drink was on Oct 3, 1973.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        I always thought that the blood test was just apart of the process.
                        It may very well be and whether he consented to one at the Detention Center, no mention in any reports and therefore, there may be no reading for the court to consider. Stig said in the interview he did not know what his reading was and if it was not done in a timely fashion, then who does?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          I have zero DUI offenses, zero suspended impositions, zero breathalyzers, and zero blood tests. Having gone to SDSU and lived there for 20 years, there were plenty of times an officer pulled me over for "not signaling" when leaving the downtown area after 11. It comes down to making smart decisions.

I can somewhat understand the idea of getting one because maybe you had a little extra wine. But anything after one is inexcuseable. But the lax DUI repeat offender laws are for another forum
                          You didn’t answer my question. Have you committed this crime? I submit that you have. I did not suggest everyone’s been caught, taken a breath test, or any if the other things you’ve added. I suggested the vast majority of people directly or indirectly involved have committed this crime.

Comment

You have to submit to a test in South Dakota. But it does not have to be a breath test. You can refuse that and go in for a blood test instead. Guessing that's what happened here if he was unable to obtain a PBT

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                              You have to submit to a test in South Dakota. But it does not have to be a breath test. You can refuse that and go in for a blood test instead. Guessing that's what happened here if he was unable to obtain a PBT
                              Thanks, that sounds reasonable. Methods and procedures most likely differ from state to state.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Oh yeah!!! Look at the bottom of page 3;
                                The officer makes this comment
                                I could not obtain a PBT from Stiegelmeier

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ent/p3/a407430

Unless PBT stands for something else other than preliminary breath test, than I stand to be corrected.
                                Does that mean he refused? Or were the batteries dead? Or did she not have straws? Or was there some other error?

We’re you in the cop car that night? I don’t think so.

Saying he refused a PBT is irresponsible because we don’t know if that was the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X