• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: 2020 Recruiting List

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Taylor fliped to UTEP last night. Gronowski had a late offer come in and is taking his time making a decision.
    UTEP's last 3 seasons:

1-11
    1-11
    0-12

Jace will be able to call himself an FBS football player but he will be going to a team that we would beat more often than not. SMH.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Gronowski is as good as gone then too. Who is his other late offer from?
    Not sure.

It stinks to loser Taylor because his size/speed combo is unique but I think we'll end up okay. Lots of talent at wide receiver out there.

One name to keep an eye on at QB is Jackson Waring. The Jacks actually offered him before Gronowski but then Waring got a PWO offer from Iowa, thought he was going to blow up but no other offers ever really emerged. He had a "Jackrabbit Scholarship" from SDSU so he would have been the 2021 class QB. We'll see if he gets the 2020 scholarship if Gronowski continues to waffle.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Taylor fliped to UTEP last night. Gronowski had a late offer come in and is taking his time making a decision.
    Gronowski is as good as gone then too. Who is his other late offer from?

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Was kind of expecting he might be the only holdout.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Zim says Jace Taylor is NOT signing today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Recruiting is so interesting to me. Seems there isn’t a ton of hype around this class but I remember a couple years ago when there was a ton of hype with Daniel Callendar and other people and that class didn’t turn out great. This years class looks solid all the way around. Development is key for any recruiting class. Are any of these players enrolling early?

The lack of hype leading up to today probably had something to do with the hangover from a disappointing end to our season. I know I have stayed away from much football talk lately

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Mathias Algarin to Nebraska
    Ty Hahn to Nebraska.
    Algarin has freakish speed, but I really believe he will get lost in the mix with their athletes.
    Hahn may make it. He's one of those walk-on types that can thrive with hard work. However, he should have probably gone to Wyoming like he had been leaning towards. Scott Frost's late offer of earning a scholarship after two years to become a Husker was too much for him to turn down.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    If you don't think there is hype around this class you have not looked at the background of these individuals. I don't believe we have ever won so many recruiting battles over FBS and other Missouri Valley offers.
    Yeah I suppose I should sit down for a couple hours and do some research. I was just basing the hype off this forum being dry the past couple days. Sounds like this class is great. Looking forward to the future!

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Mathias Algarin to Nebraska
    Ty Hahn to Nebraska.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Recruiting is so interesting to me. Seems there isn’t a ton of hype around this class but I remember a couple years ago when there was a ton of hype with Daniel Callendar and other people and that class didn’t turn out great. This years class looks solid all the way around. Development is key for any recruiting class. Are any of these players enrolling early?

If you don't think there is hype around this class you have not looked at the background of these individuals. I don't believe we have ever won so many recruiting battles over FBS and other Missouri Valley offers.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

On paper, this is one of, if not the, best class ever. At least 7 of them have FBS offers and we beat NDSU on a bunch of them. No players enrolling early at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I'll bet if you look back through the years better than 50% of the so-called "big-time" recruits don't pan out.

It's such a crap shoot, especially in football with injuries and then development whether that's the coaches or the actual player putting the work in. Daniel Callender was one that EVERYONE on here seemed to think was this can't miss stud. Turned into a dud. On the flip side you have Dallas Goedert. He was a preferred walk-on.
    Most of our best players have been unheralded.

Zenner, Goedert, Wieneke, Brown, Rozeboom, Johnson, Strong.

I don't think any of them were hyped all that much on signing day.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

I'll bet if you look back through the years better than 50% of the so-called "big-time" recruits don't pan out.

It's such a crap shoot, especially in football with injuries and then development whether that's the coaches or the actual player putting the work in. Daniel Callender was one that EVERYONE on here seemed to think was this can't miss stud. Turned into a dud. On the flip side you have Dallas Goedert. He was a preferred walk-on.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X