Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seed Scenarios

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    The bison coming to Brookings again would be awesome, however, do we have a plan in place to keep tickets out of the hands of bison fans? Or it could be embarrassing considering our history of playoff attendance.
    If we were fortunate enough to host the Bison in the playoffs, they would outnumber us, not a lot of doubt in my mind about that. It might be the shaming our fan base needs though.

Comment

The bison coming to Brookings again would be awesome, however, do we have a plan in place to keep tickets out of the hands of bison fans? Or it could be embarrassing considering our history of playoff attendance.
      The plan should be to have SDSU fans actually come to the game.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        The plan should be to have SDSU fans actually come to the game.
        Thats easier said than done. I'd be there no matter how cold. My wife? That might not happen. Although she has been good about going to some cold games in the past. She missed the overtime yesterday cause she went to the vehicle to warm up.

Comment

Thats easier said than done. I'd be there no matter how cold. My wife? That might not happen. Although she has been good about going to some cold games in the past. She missed the overtime yesterday cause she went to the vehicle to warm up.
          And I am sure you would be able to find someone to use the ticket. The problem is that there are a bunch of folks that don't understand others can use their tickets.

Comment

And I am sure you would be able to find someone to use the ticket. The problem is that there are a bunch of folks that don't understand others can use their tickets.
            Youre right. I missed one game and gave them to someone. When i give my tickets to someone, they get them for nothing. I just want someone to sit in my seats. I do the same with basketball tickets. We cant get up there every game plus i dont usually go to the D2 games. Oldhare helps me out finding someone to use the tickets.

Comment

Youre right. I missed one game and gave them to someone. When i give my tickets to someone, they get them for nothing. I just want someone to sit in my seats. I do the same with basketball tickets. We cant get up there every game plus i dont usually go to the D2 games. Oldhare helps me out finding someone to use the tickets.
              The best way to get new season ticket holders is to let people use tickets to get the experience

Comment

The best way to get new season ticket holders is to let people use tickets to get the experience
                It's all about the experience, I have a family member from west river that hadn't been to a game on campus since at least the early 80's nor had he ever heard of Cubby's, after the fb game he called me and asked if I would find us a MBB and WBB basketball game to go to. It's all about the game day experience.

Comment

I'd be all for a freak blizzard swooping down from Canada that causes them to close interstate north of Summit.

Comment

I don't want to get too optomistic, but from a lot of projections, I've seen NDSU at 2 or 3 and SDSU at 4 or 5. This would be great, and I think that it's possible if we take care of business in Vermtown. Especially if this mystery ruling where they won't place seeds from the same conference on the same side of the bracket is true. Obviously we need to win this weekend for this to matter.

Comment

This would happen. 100% unless somehow our fans mysteriously got a fire under their ass, but I doubt it. The tickets would be gone before a lot of our fans realized they were on sale honestly.
                      Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      I'd be all for a freak blizzard swooping down from Canada that causes them to close interstate north of Summit.
                      Please no. I’d like to make it. And I’m loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        This would happen. 100% unless somehow our fans mysteriously got a fire under their ass, but I doubt it. The tickets would be gone before a lot of our fans realized they were on sale honestly.

Please no. I’d like to make it. And I’m loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        In that case, an even freakier weather pattern in which Thumper's vehicle is surrounded by a 200 foot radius of balmy weather that allows him to travel but no Bison fans to enter SD.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I don't want to get too optomistic, but from a lot of projections, I've seen NDSU at 2 or 3 and SDSU at 4 or 5. This would be great, and I think that it's possible if we take care of business in Vermtown. Especially if this mystery ruling where they won't place seeds from the same conference on the same side of the bracket is true. Obviously we need to win this weekend for this to matter.
                          I think they can be on same side of bracket. They just can't play through first two rounds (unless they are from same conference but never played in regular season, which seems moot for all MVFC teams who could reasonably reach playoffs, as I believe they've all played each other).

Comment

I think they can be on same side of bracket. They just can't play through first two rounds (unless they are from same conference but never played in regular season, which seems moot for all MVFC teams who could reasonably reach playoffs, as I believe they've all played each other).
                            That was the rule, but I think this is indicating that they cannot have two teams seeded on the same side. It would be a new rule this year if that's the case.

I'm also still skeptical since this is the first we're hearing about it. This rule, along with the no conference rematch until the second round and the "MVFC" all teams on one side of the bracket rule, pretty much makes it so that flights are going to be happening all overy the place in the first three rounds. Did the NCAA really come to their senses and do that this year? That's such a huge rule change, that I would be shocked that no one heard about it until this week. The "MVFC" rule was a national story in the FCS for a fee weeks when it came out after the 2015 season, and it had less impact than this supposed new rule.

Comment

Reading that makes it sound like they are going geographical seeding like usual. Which means if ndsu and sdsu win we both are seeded and we go there after our one game. If they win and we lose, if we didn't make a good bid to host a first round game we will play on the road then go to Fargo for a 2nd round game. Pretty sure ncaa isn't worried about a balanced playoffs. It's worried about making money or spending as little as it needs too.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

After reading that, maybe don't put too much stock into it. That "official NCAA ruling" is full of typos, including where they state that 10 automatic qualifiers receive bids, followed by the next 10 best at larges. 10+10 = 20 teams. The playoffs haven't had 20 teams since 2012....

Well done, NCAA. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X