Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    So using that logic, it probably was an over-reaction to start discussing if it was time for Stig to go after losing two games in the first half of the schedule, rather than waiting for the whole season to play out.
    Well...technically the goal of the program is to go 1-0 each week. So is it really over-reacting if the team doesn't meet it's own goals?*

*Anything can be spun to meet a person's point of view on a subject. That is the joy of message boards...and political news programs.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      Some students started doing it last year, and it really caught on this year. Pretty sure it's the idea of kicking the ball so hard the shoe comes off and the ball goes through the endzone. It makes sense if we stole it from Nebraska since a lot of SD people are Husker fans for "real" D1 football. If it makes them more active in the game, I don't care; as long as they are doing something.
      They are hardly playing real DI football in Lincoln these days.
      Last edited by JACKGUYII; 11-07-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Well...technically the goal of the program is to go 1-0 each week. So is it really over-reacting if the team doesn't meet it's own goals?*

*Anything can be spun to meet a person's point of view on a subject. That is the joy of message boards...and political news programs.
        Except the Jacks can still attain their goals. The ridiculousness of the other thread is that you had a poster referring to accurate characterizations as "fake news" and another continuing to indicate it wasn't about ending Stig's tenure when the originator of the thread has admitted it was.

There's a vast difference between analyzing reasons for a loss (e.g., criticizing a team for not going 1-0) and implying a coach should move on.

Comment

Him speak with forked tongue. A quote from The Lone Ranger. We do often speak in this manner.

Comment

I thought the crowd did a decent job making noise on Saturday. Watching the replay last night, I upgraded my opinion to the crowd did a good job making noise throughout most of the game. I know some students left during the second half but most of the other spectators stayed engaged for the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              Except the Jacks can still attain their goals. The ridiculousness of the other thread is that you had a poster referring to accurate characterizations as "fake news" and another continuing to indicate it wasn't about ending Stig's tenure when the originator of the thread has admitted it was.

There's a vast difference between analyzing reasons for a loss (e.g., criticizing a team for not going 1-0) and implying a coach should move on.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                Some students started doing it last year, and it really caught on this year. Pretty sure it's the idea of kicking the ball so hard the shoe comes off and the ball goes through the endzone. It makes sense if we stole it from Nebraska since a lot of SD people are Husker fans for "real" D1 football. If it makes them more active in the game, I don't care; as long as they are doing something.
                If your referring to the students holding up one of their shoes and shaking them at the Bison,the first thing that came to my mind was it's a form of "insult" towards someone used by people of Middle Eastern descent.I thought it was kind of funny,not so much if we just copied it from the Huskers.Here's a link on this.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-07-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I know some students left during the second half but most of the other spectators stayed engaged for the entire game.
                  I did see a fair amount of green and gold leaving early.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    So the coaches probably realize that we are a lot better than the way we played against YSU and UNI. We showed our potential this week, granted it was aided by 5 Bison turnovers.

I can see it both ways. It is the coaches poll, not the playoff rankings. That could, should, and will have the Bison on top of us for very good reasons if neither team drops another game. They've earned that.
                    SUPERBUNNY
                    how about 5 Jackrabbit takeaways.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      how about 5 Jackrabbit takeaways.
                      It's give and take. We give, you take. It was awfully nice of you guys to give us the muffed punt, though. Almost like you guys felt bad for beating us so bad and just wanted NDSU to feel like they were in the game. Maybe more of a Lucy against Charlie Brown. Just when we thought we were going to do it...

Comment

I do have to say that I was wrong about SDSU's offense. They only had 4 drives that took over 3 minutes off of the clock but they only had about 3 drives that lasted less than 2 minutes. Plus, they put points on the board on at least half of their drives. If they would of done that all season we would maybe have one loss and be sitting good.
                        They did try to run a few "trick" plays. The 2-points conversion, the reverse pass the TC (even though it wasn't thrown), etc.. I'm not saying that we need those type of plays all of the time but to see something other than run for 3 yards, pass incomplete and pass incomplete is nice to see once in a while.
                        They spread the ball around and took what the Bison gave them all day.
                        TC played the best game (by far) that he has played all year. I sure hope that he is either finding his groove or we can bottle that up so he can repeat that performance the rest of the way. If he plays like that, we are a real threat to will it all.
                        I don't see the defense getting 5 TO's ever week but they played with fire.
                        I'm impressed that the Bison only lost by as much as they did with us winning the TO battle by 4 and TC playing the best game of the season. I do know game plans change when you get the lead so that could be some off it. NDSU did win the special team battle so that helped them some.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

IMO the “ ridiculousness” you refer to is your continual lack of reading comprehension.

Maybe leave the comments about “the other thread”.....in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            IMO the “ ridiculousness” you refer to is your continual lack of reading comprehension.

Maybe leave the comments about “the other thread”.....in the other thread.
                            Haha, I take any insult directed at my lack of reading comprehension from the person who remains oblivious to the true crux of the "other thread" (again, as confirmed by the original poster) AND the fact that this thread referenced the other thread as the highest form of a compliment. Keep the insults rollin' Fred Flinstone.

"Pot -- meet TKettle"

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              I do have to say that I was wrong about SDSU's offense. They only had 4 drives that took over 3 minutes off of the clock but they only had about 3 drives that lasted less than 2 minutes. Plus, they put points on the board on at least half of their drives. If they would of done that all season we would maybe have one loss and be sitting good.
                              They did try to run a few "trick" plays. The 2-points conversion, the reverse pass the TC (even though it wasn't thrown), etc.. I'm not saying that we need those type of plays all of the time but to see something other than run for 3 yards, pass incomplete and pass incomplete is nice to see once in a while.
                              They spread the ball around and took what the Bison gave them all day.
                              TC played the best game (by far) that he has played all year. I sure hope that he is either finding his groove or we can bottle that up so he can repeat that performance the rest of the way. If he plays like that, we are a real threat to will it all.
                              I don't see the defense getting 5 TO's ever week but they played with fire.
                              I'm impressed that the Bison only lost by as much as they did with us winning the TO battle by 4 and TC playing the best game of the season. I do know game plans change when you get the lead so that could be some off it. NDSU did win the special team battle so that helped them some.
                              The trick plays have to be fun for the players...an element the Bison have really missed since Vigen left with Bohl. Trick plays used in desperation rarely work...but when the offense is clicking, it is a good way to take it to the next level. The Jacks have had a lot of creativity this year...looks like they are having fun. Much easier season when they are having fun. I can't say say anything has been fun/easy this year for the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                The trick plays have to be fun for the players...an element the Bison have really missed since Vigen left with Bohl. Trick plays used in desperation rarely work...but when the offense is clicking, it is a good way to take it to the next level. The Jacks have had a lot of creativity this year...looks like they are having fun. Much easier season when they are having fun. I can't say say anything has been fun/easy this year for the Bison.
                                The SDSU trick plays, along with the 3 times we tried that inside pass to Goedert had me saying nothing but good things about the Bison players discipline. It was incredible to see how well they had those plays defended.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X