Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ YSU Flightless Birds

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Stig is scheduled to go on KWSN at 3:20 today. I'm sure he'll get a bunch of softball questions, but I'll be interested to see what he has to say. Too bad they don't allow people to call in and ask questions live.
    Your question was asked. And Stig answered that the game was over at that point in time. Thanks for the heads up on Stig being on the KWSN. I usually dont listen them anymore.

Comment

Stig is scheduled to go on KWSN at 3:20 today. I'm sure he'll get a bunch of softball questions, but I'll be interested to see what he has to say. Too bad they don't allow people to call in and ask questions live.
      They read your question. I feel like you’re in the middle of typing your rant lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I tweeted KWSN to ask why Stig didn't use any timeouts during that last drive, they asked and Stig basically said that he knew the game was over at that point and that he didn't think the players and other coaches needed him to call a useless timeout in that situation. It just floors me that he didn't see one opportunity to call any timeouts during that whole drive to let the defense regroup, get a break, and try to make a last stand to give the offense another chance. Very disappointing and imo a terrible explanation and excuse. My confidence in Stig continues to plummet.

Comment

I thought it was a good answer. The game was over when we gave up the safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I thought it was a good answer. The game was over when we gave up the safety.
            They got the ball with 8:38 left in the game, up by 12 points. There are no levels of football where that lead is insurmountable. As I've said, our defense was gassed, and there is no way in the world that you can't find a spot in that whole drive to at least try to call a timeout to give your defense a chance and show the team that you're at least trying to win the game.

Comment

I think what bothers me is that it wastes a coaching moment. That using time out its a game that's pretty much over is fine with me, if a coach uses it to help his team. It wont make a difference for this game, but maybe next week it does. I think wasting a coaching moment he could have had or his cord could have had was the real shame.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

They got the ball with 8:38 left in the game, up by 12 points. There are no levels of football where that lead is insurmountable. As I've said, our defense was gassed, and there is no way in the world that you can't find a spot in that whole drive to at least try to call a timeout to give your defense a chance and show the team that you're at least trying to win the game.
                Good points. Maybe some of that German pessimism has rubbed off on me. Did we leave the TO'S on the score board? If so it would not hurt to use them up.

Comment

Good points. Maybe some of that German pessimism has rubbed off on me. Did we leave the TO'S on the score board? If so it would not hurt to use them up.
                  Yes. All 3.

Also, they said that they got the question from someone on twitter and Stig joked "maybe it was my athletic director", so maybe Sell asked the same question.

Comment

I thought it was a good answer. The game was over when we gave them the safety.
                    Changed it for you...this loss will sting for a while. Like I told my wife, it's not that they lost...it's how they lost. Even if they'd have found some miraculous (think Vikings/Giants 22-9 with under 3 min to play) way to pull it out, I'd still be concerned. YSU used a couple losses to fuel their run last year. Perhaps this is ours, I just hope the D spends more time this week in the film room and physical recovery than any type of conditioning. They definitely need it, it's almost as if they played 2 games last Saturday night plus late night flight. 1-0 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Changed it for you...this loss will sting for a while. Like I told my wife, it's not that they lost...it's how they lost. Even if they'd have found some miraculous (think Vikings/Giants 22-9 with under 3 min to play) way to pull it out, I'd still be concerned. YSU used a couple losses to fuel their run last year. Perhaps this is ours, I just hope the D spends more time this week in the film room and physical recovery than any type of conditioning. They definitely need it, it's almost as if they played 2 games last Saturday night plus late night flight. 1-0 this week.
                      Okay but we gave up the safety to YSU. They got the two points which made it a two score game. Mikey got tackled in their end zone. I do agree that the usage of "them" gives more clarity. Thanks.

Comment

I tweeted KWSN to ask why Stig didn't use any timeouts during that last drive, they asked and Stig basically said that he knew the game was over at that point and that he didn't think the players and other coaches needed him to call a useless timeout in that situation. It just floors me that he didn't see one opportunity to call any timeouts during that whole drive to let the defense regroup, get a break, and try to make a last stand to give the offense another chance. Very disappointing and imo a terrible explanation and excuse. My confidence in Stig continues to plummet.
                        Stig just answered the question again on his radio show. Same embarrassing answer saying the game was over and that he has been coaching long enough to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                          Stig just answered the question again on his radio show. Same embarrassing answer saying the game was over and that he has been coaching long enough to know that.
                          Love the guy, but ZERO "go For the throat".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by slosho; 10-02-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Love the guy, but ZERO "killer instinct".

Seriously, is there a more subjective characterization than the "killer instinct" one? Plus, in this case the killer would have to very rapidly transition from being the "victim." Isn't Stig's "lack of killer instinct" typically grounded in criticism for "letting up" on opponents when the Jacks are leading?

He has made some gutsy calls over the years. Would you rather have a coach like Pelini, whose "instincts" compelled him to allow a convicted felon to play this season after he told folks the kid would only be practicing?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Seriously, is there a more subjective characterization than the "killer instinct" one? Plus, in this case the killer would have to very rapidly transition from being the "victim." Isn't Stig's "lack of killer instinct" typically grounded in criticism for "letting up" on opponents when the Jacks are leading?

He has made some gutsy calls over the years. Would you rather have a coach like Pelini, whose "instincts" compelled him to allow a convicted felon to play this season after he told folks the kid would only be practicing?
                              Quick answer No

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I had reservations about the particular verbage chosen given today's events I couldn't come up with anything at the time but it has been edited.

Comment

Working...
                                X