X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002jack
    replied
    Re: Phone Reception

I lived without a cell or mobile phone for 22 years of my life. It was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I had major issues too. I don’t send pics, etc but I wanted to check other scores.
    Was going to mention that my issues have been when trying to browse online (mostly to see if UNI, USD, or NDSU lost). I've never had an issue sending/receiving texts, and I've never really had a call while at game (maybe folks know I wouldn't answer it).

To clarify, I have Verizon too.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Don't they make repeaters,devices that take a weak signal,amplify it and pass it along.Maybe those would get overloaded too if too many called all at once. I'm sure there's a solution but cost has to be weighed too I suppose.Maybe it will happen as more funds become available.Also,wasn't the Denny in Sioux Falls fitted with equipment for just this type of thing?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

The brookings children museum is bad. inside you cant even make a call. outside the building I got like 1 bar maybe. I figured its brookings doesn't have the infrastructure for it. I thought when they build the stadium they took into consideration wifi and stuff like that to enhance the game experience? I know last game I was sending messages to friends about it and after a few minutes of frustration I figured I will just have to wait till we were in the parking lot headed home.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

AT&T works great on the east side!

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

I had major issues too. I don’t send pics, etc but I wanted to check other scores.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

I had huge issues on Verizon, but with At&t, I have pretty good luck using data. Probably because most people have Verizon. I completely agree that something needs to be done, as I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to use your phone.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

I think about three years ago, Montana was having a similar issue in their stadium and they paid to have upgrades done on their reception infastructure within the stadium to increase reception and Wi fi strength. Can't remember how much it cost, but they certainly figured something out.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

From what I hear, the campus as a whole needs to significantly improve its infrastructure for handling electronic communications. 15,000 people at a football game should not be a problem, not these days.

Leave a comment:

• sdsu2000
    replied

Agreed this is a painful issue but is one that SDSU and verizon will have to work on. 15,000 people is a large group but there are bigger stadiums with more people and less issues so there must be a solution.

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed.

Has anyone else experienced really, really bad reception at games? My phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is basically unusable. Can't make calls, text, use shapchat, facebook, or twitter.

Everything worked fine before and after the game.

If others have had the same issue, this seems like a pretty major problem. Both from an emergency standpoint (seconds count if someone has a heart attack in the stands), from a marketing standpoint (I would probably send several snaps or status updates throughout the course of the game), and from overall fan experience (I want to see what my friends are up to who are at the game).

Is my experience unique?

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Your problem is that there are 15,000 people all in a very close vicinity, causing the signal to be garbage.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-ma...er-bowl-2016-2

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Galaxy S7 on the northeast side of the stadium in front of the visitor section I get to the three bars on Cricket (runs on AT&T)and have slow but not bad internet. It is also likely an issue with overloading of the Tower with the density of the cell phones in one location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

I sit on the west side and I have occasional signal for internet.. I am attributing this to the stadium structure blocking my Verizon signal. I do not use the public wifi in the stadium as it is very slow. I have no reception for internet use on the phone. I am not sure of the phone/text situation. I have the Samsung 7.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    started a topic Phone Reception

Phone Reception

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Has anyone else experienced really, really bad reception at games? My phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is basically unusable. Can't make calls, text, use shapchat, facebook, or twitter.

Everything worked fine before and after the game.

If others have had the same issue, this seems like a pretty major problem. Both from an emergency standpoint (seconds count if someone has a heart attack in the stands), from a marketing standpoint (I would probably send several snaps or status updates throughout the course of the game), and from overall fan experience (I want to see what my friends are up to who are at the game).

Is my experience unique?
Working...
X