• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Montana State Bobkittens

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    So that was a 4 point with:

- their kicker missing 3 field goals and an extra point

- our kicker scoring on a 38 yard run
    Reminds me a little bit of the playoff win a few years ago. We scored 11 points on field goals and extra points in that playoff game & Montana State scored 0 and quit kicking all together. Terry V didn't even mention it, so the average fan probably missed that. Doesn't look like Montana State has improved much on special teams - was the difference tonight.

Great job special teams - Chase (kicking & running), Brady (punting & pitching, & Bradey S (snapping).

Frustration with our game plan on both offense & defense, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
      Time for Brady Mengarelli era to come to an end. Lots of questions about our D yet but there's got to be a better running game.
      Are you even considering the defense showed by Mont St tonight,Dallas wasn't great as usual (pretty good though) ,Jake didn't put up exceptional numbers,can you please give Mengarelli a little bit of a break,this game at least?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
        This is exactly what I thought of after that onside kick and Mangarelli fumble
        Same here. I'm glad we are getting there with the W. I was hoping this wouldn't be this year's Cal Poly.

Comment

Their kicker wasn't worth a s***!....so that's good for us

Comment

I won't argue with anyone that this was a frustrating and baffling game for many reasons, but for anyone arguing that the Jacks' performance today illustrated they may be national championship pretenders, need I remind you that the almighty Bison lost to USD at home a couple years ago. Did the Jacks have some lucky breaks? Undoubtedly, but they also showed some grit with plays like the fake FG for a TD (and that wasn't even close to failing; they executed that play perfectly).

Let's hope the Jacks make the necessary adjustments moving forward, get ailing players healthy by possibly resting them against Drake (and taking advantage of what now seems to be a well-timed bye week in a couple weeks), and see how things play out as the season progresses.

The Bobcat fans impressed me with how loud they were when I was listening on radio, and later seeing them when I could finally watch online. Let's hope Jacks fans use upcoming home games to be as raucous as they were, because it can impact a game.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              I won't argue with anyone that this was a frustrating and baffling game for many reasons, but for anyone arguing that the Jacks' performance today illustrated they may be national championship pretenders, need I remind you that the almighty Bison lost to USD at home a couple years ago. Did the Jacks have some lucky breaks? Undoubtedly, but they also showed some grit with plays like the fake FG for a TD (and that wasn't even close to failing; they executed that play perfectly).

Let's hope the Jacks make the necessary adjustments moving forward, get ailing players healthy by possibly resting them against Drake (and taking advantage of what now seems to be a well-timed bye week in a couple weeks), and see how things play out as the season progresses.

The Bobcat fans impressed me with how loud they were when I was listening on radio, and later seeing them when I could finally watch online. Let's hope Jacks fans use upcoming home games to be as raucous as they were, because it can impact a game.
              Right on!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Are you even considering the defense showed by Mont St tonight,Dallas wasn't great as usual (pretty good though) ,Jake didn't put up exceptional numbers,can you please give Mengarelli a little bit of a break,this game at least?
                How about the situational awareness he showed to regain possession of the fumble? I've said before that I think Mengarelli could be more effective in a Kool-like role (not to mention that it would simultaneously give us more options out of the backfield), but I'd never want them to bench Brady -- just tweak how he's utilized.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Not sure if I have ever been so pissed after we have won a game.
                  I was more pissed last year when we didn't beat USD by more points. Happy we won, but not happy with the win. If that make sense.

1-0

Dominate Drake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good teams do the little things...we did and they didn't.

Comment

1. Stig call a timeout to review. No way that should have been a turnover.
                      2. Why the **** didn't the clock stop. The ball was run, we ended up with the ball, clock should have run the entire time. No reason for the final possession from either team.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

How about the situational awareness he showed to regain possession of the fumble? I've said before that I think Mengarelli could be more effective in a Kool-like role (not to mention that it would simultaneously give us more options out of the backfield), but I'd never want them to bench Brady -- just tweak how he's utilized.
                        I don't think he even got that many carry's to be that much of an influence on the game period, and I don't think it was a fumble, certainly debateable. Why focus in on him? Everybody could have done better, so ....coulda, shouda,woulda....it's all in the past now

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                          I was more pissed last year when we didn't beat USD by more points. Happy we won, but not happy with the win. If that make sense.

1-0

Dominate Drake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I had to watch via the MSU feed, so I found some of the "reviews" frustrating; particularly when the MSU announcers admitted that it appeared their wideout stepped out of bounds before contact with the pylon on their last "TD." However, if I remember correctly the DB was late reacting to the wideout's break on that play. It seems that could be becoming a trend, so it would be very reassuring if the CB's began to remedy that against Drake and had a few PBU's and INT's.

Tyler, Scotty, and Mike mentioned on the radio that the altitude may have been a factor in the Jacks getting winded. Think that theory might have any validity?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            I don't think he even got that many carry's to be that much of an influence on the game period, and I don't think it was a fumble, certainly debateable. Why focus in on him? Everybody could have done better, so ....coulda, shouda,woulda....it's all in the past now
                            I can see your point. The only reason I focused on him was due to the mention of ending the Mengarelli era. Nevertheless, one could argue that had he lost the fumble, and I do think it was an actual fumble -- unless the argument was that his forward progress had been stopped and it was whistled dead while he was upright, and I never heard a whistle -- that is the only carry that would have mattered because that would've been a considerable momentum swing.

Comment

After reflecting a bit, I think I personally have to stop thinking that just because SDSU is a "top 5" team, they're going to go just throttle the hell out of everyone they play.

I would love that, but it's probably not very realistic.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Tyler, Scotty, and Mike mentioned on the radio that the altitude may have been a factor in the Jacks getting winded. Think that theory might have any validity?
                                Yes with Bozeman at 4820.

Comment

Working...
                                X