Game week: Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game week: Montana State

http://www.columbiabasinherald.com/a...ICLE/170909942I found this article interesting. I wonder if there is any testing going on in Bozeman for the game? Maybe with the wind direction and altitude there isn't much of an impact. Something to be said for the SJAC and the ability to be inside or outside anytime we want for practice.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      You are a bear every week. Eventually you will be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hazard of the profession. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! (NOTE: NOT a FB Coach!) And, even though I may have that tendency... I'm very positive on the outlook of this team.

Comment

A few wonderings...

-how does the defense play this triple option differently than last years Cal Poly? The 'Cats do not have a stud like Protheroe so that eases my mind but is there more run fits and/or blitzing that normal?
        -how does the line handle the call with Bignell especially if he lines up on Greenway's side?
        -who has their breakout game?Traditionally the 2nd game has been a coming out party for some of our youngest talent. I'm going to guess Adam Anderson but honestly it cold be any of the young receivers (Lewis, Brown, Johnson) or even Daniel...I also wouldn't be shocked if Callender and Ogunrinde went in and wreaked havoc on passing downs.

All told I'm thinking it'll be close the first half but we pull away in the 2nd half. 48-17, halftime 20-10...
        Last edited by Jackedforlife; 09-07-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          As WestSide mentioned earlier, you can watch the game for free on Pluto TV. Here's an article from Big Sky describing their partnership for this season.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/7/16...18-season.aspx

Just go to Pluto TV on your computer, tablet, phone, or streaming device (roku, apple tv, fire stick, etc.) and download the pluto TV app, and you have direct access to the Big Sky channel. You don't have to enter any information except for your email address. I just downloaded it on my phone and pulled up the Big Sky stream, they're playing a rerun of a game from over the weekend. Very simple and very good quality. There should be no reason someone pays to watch this game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]891[/ATTACH]
          I just did this on my Firestick and was pretty happy. One issue I'm wondering about is how sure are you that the Montana State -SDSU game will be the game on the Big Sky Channel? Could other Big Sky games be on?

I went to the Big Sky Channel programming and the SDsU game isn't listed. It's other games.
          Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 09-07-2017, 02:55 PM.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I just did this on my Firestick and was pretty happy. One issue I'm wondering about is how sure are you that the Montana State -SDSU game will be the game on the Big Sky Channel? Could other Big Sky games be on?
            Excellent question and point... here is the big sky website and listings: http://bigskyconf.com/sports/2017/8/...?path=football

Is there a SWX option on Pluto TV anywhere?
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Excellent question and point... here is the big sky website and listings: http://bigskyconf.com/sports/2017/8/...?path=football

That listing is why I think Pluto TV won't work.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                That listing is why I think Pluto TV won't work.
                Isn't it the only game listed at that time slot? Because the MSU and UND game is central time, it should be over.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Dish Network game finder has the game listed:

Sat 9/9 8:00 pm eastern
                  South Dakota State at Montana State
                  x 412-28 ALT Football

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

I think SWX will be shown on Pluto TV via the Big Sky channel. None of the games actually say Big Sky channel on them, but rather SWX, NAU-TV, etc.. Their press release does mention that Pluto TV will stream ALL Big Sky live events. I just don't know how they handle multiple events at once. My guess is a second channel will pop up. For example, Big Sky is 230 on Pluto TV. I'm guessing a 230-1, 230-2, etc. will show up if there is more than one game to show. I sent an email to Pluto support to confirm.

Comment

According to MSU Bobcats twitter, the game will NOT be on Pluto TV. Somebody asked the question specifically and the @MSUBobcats feed replied that it won't be carried via Pluto. Only MSU's conference games will be on there. So that's fantastic. They have no relationship with ESPN3. It's disappointing, but their $9.99 stream appears to be the only online option.

Unless they're sandbagging to drive people to the pay site. I think as CappinHard points out, it's probably worth checking Pluto before dropping $9.99.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                        Dish Network game finder has the game listed:

Sat 9/9 8:00 pm eastern
                        South Dakota State at Montana State
                        x 412-28 ALT Football
                        Boom! I have Dish so that should work. I looked it up and Altitude sometimes puts their games on the alternate channels depending on and width.

It doesn't bother me to pay $10. I was just planning on having people over to watch the game and I needed to find out how I could watch it.

Comment

Game showed up on my guide tonight. Looks like you can get it on directv with the sports pack. I'd recommend the sports pack. Many football and basketball games are picked up, especially on the channels that pull from the espn3 streams.

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                          The game is supposed to be on altitude 2. If you have the DirecTV sports pack, you should get this on channel 681-1. The sports pack only costs me about $10 a month. The game is not showing up on the guide yet, but they did show a Denver soccer game last Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                            Game showed up on my guide tonight. Looks like you can get it on directv with the sports pack. I'd recommend the sports pack. Many football and basketball games are picked up, especially on the channels that pull from the espn3 streams.
                            I can agree with this. I had Direct TV at my last house and the sports pack had a ton of games on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              According to MSU Bobcats twitter, the game will NOT be on Pluto TV. Somebody asked the question specifically and the @MSUBobcats feed replied that it won't be carried via Pluto. Only MSU's conference games will be on there. So that's fantastic. They have no relationship with ESPN3. It's disappointing, but their $9.99 stream appears to be the only online option.

Unless they're sandbagging to drive people to the pay site. I think as CappinHard points out, it's probably worth checking Pluto before dropping $9.99.
                              Well... Son of a b... Thanks for digging into this. I am also having people over so I need a stream. I'll probably hit up Directv to give me a month of free trial of the sports pack.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive. 3 free months of DirecTV sports package. If you've been a DirecTV customer for a while, I'm guessing you could get the same deal. Don't forget to cancel after 3 months if you don't want to be charged $13.99 per month though.

Comment

Working...
                                X