• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    We already have two linebacker commitments. I think we will be okay.
    Correct but we did lose 2 or 3 LB recruits in last year's class late to FBS schools. Seth Benson from Washington was one of them. So i'm guessing that position is a point of emphasis this year.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Nope, Holden to USD.
    We already have two linebacker commitments. I think we will be okay.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Nope, Holden to USD.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I'd only be guessing.
    I'll venture a guess that might sway him one way or the other besides having family ties to the Yotes...If he is projecting as a D-lineman we will need to decide if he wants to play the 3-4 or 4-3 D-line. Or they may have a totally different thought on how they'd use him.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Holden tested well at the June 11 Prospect Camp. Weighed 257 and ran a 5.28 40 and a 4.72 pro agility. He would be a defensive lineman for the Jacks.

Looks like it may tough to pry him away from USD as he has big family ties to USD. JackJD, can you shed any light?
    I'd only be guessing.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Offer:

Walker Kinney, 6'3" 215 lbs QB out of Stilwell, KS.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6058462/Walker-Kinney
    Moves well, strong arm , spots his receivers and gets the ball to them when they are open. What's not to like? Good prospect.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Offer:

Walker Kinney, 6'3" 215 lbs QB out of Stilwell, KS.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6058462/Walker-Kinney

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    From Zimmer's article on all of the commitments:

"With SDSU coming off the best season in program history (they were 11-3 and reached the FCS semifinals in 2017) and getting tight end Dallas Goedert drafted in the second round, there’s a sense that this is a crucial year for recruiting, and Jackson said the staff is learning to be more aggressive in selling themselves. That’s allowed them to be a little more picky and pursue players who want to win, not just land a Division I scholarship.

“One thing this program has always had is humility, and that’s good,” Jackson said. “However, we’ve talked about, not just last year but the last six years, being more aggressive and confident, because we believe so much in what we’re doing here. The expectations of winning has created higher expectations in recruiting, and the kids we’ve brought in feel it. The overwhelming consensus with the kids we’ve signed has been that they want to win. Go down the list and that’s what they’re focused on – winning.”"

Holy ****, YESSS!!! Love this attitude. Let's move from "the nice guys" to having a killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, I love SDSU's football program, but I think it has lacked that aggressiveness that Jackson talked about.
    Yes. So much this. To be honest we lacked that swagger. I think Eck has really brought that with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

From Zimmer's article on all of the commitments:

"With SDSU coming off the best season in program history (they were 11-3 and reached the FCS semifinals in 2017) and getting tight end Dallas Goedert drafted in the second round, there’s a sense that this is a crucial year for recruiting, and Jackson said the staff is learning to be more aggressive in selling themselves. That’s allowed them to be a little more picky and pursue players who want to win, not just land a Division I scholarship.

“One thing this program has always had is humility, and that’s good,” Jackson said. “However, we’ve talked about, not just last year but the last six years, being more aggressive and confident, because we believe so much in what we’re doing here. The expectations of winning has created higher expectations in recruiting, and the kids we’ve brought in feel it. The overwhelming consensus with the kids we’ve signed has been that they want to win. Go down the list and that’s what they’re focused on – winning.”"

Holy ****, YESSS!!! Love this attitude. Let's move from "the nice guys" to having a killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, I love SDSU's football program, but I think it has lacked that aggressiveness that Jackson talked about.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Has this been confirmed, his commitment? I think we can read between the lines regarding tweets liked and everything but I haven't seen anything as of yet stating that he has verballed.
    It was listed on page one of the 2019 recruiting list so assumed someone had confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Is much else known on the Canadian line recruit Ethan Vibert of Regina? Did he have any other offers? Rare we get someone out of Canada.

Has this been confirmed, his commitment? I think we can read between the lines regarding tweets liked and everything but I haven't seen anything as of yet stating that he has verballed.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Javier Derrit commits to NDSU.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Is much else known on the Canadian line recruit Ethan Vibert of Regina? Did he have any other offers? Rare we get someone out of Canada.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Offer:

Blake Holden, 6'3" 235 lbs MLB/FB out of Watertown, SD.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6617206/Blake-Holden
    Holden tested well at the June 11 Prospect Camp. Weighed 257 and ran a 5.28 40 and a 4.72 pro agility. He would be a defensive lineman for the Jacks.

Looks like it may tough to pry him away from USD as he has big family ties to USD. JackJD, can you shed any light?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Offer:

Blake Holden, 6'3" 235 lbs MLB/FB out of Watertown, SD.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6617206/Blake-Holden

Leave a comment:

Working...
X