Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Do you think anyone will ask Stig the tough questions? If they do, does he actually answer them?

We have one more year with Jake, Dallas, and TC. Don't waste it
    You already know the answer to that one. Just look at the Sumner/Zenner years.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Another 9-4 season. Jacks have never had a 10 win season. Been close so many times.

Next year they have Duquense, @Montana State, Drake and then NDSU, UNI, and ISU-R at home. They should be good. But this one still sucks.
      That's a really scintillating OOC lineup.

Comment

A 9-4 season is more respectable than a 4 and 9 season. We are winning, just can seem to get over certain humps in the road.

Comment

Jacks again have tried to establish the run. They did in the first game against NDSU but it was foolish to think that would happen again.

Should have aired it out more, but the offense could never get on the field too.
          The offense had chances but here is what they did-

3rd and 5- throw a 4 yard pass at the ground so they have to dive to catch the ball
          on the 2nd play of the next drive- fumble the ball
          throw a int- I didn't see but a SDSU WR was on the ground that play. Did he trip?
          get the ball on the 2- get a safety
          get a TD- have an OL 5 yards down field
          4th and 3- run for it and not get it.
          NDSU has 3 different pass interference penalties and one play but none the rest of the game??

The defense-

4th and 12- 1st down
          4th and 15- 1st down
          4th and 23- 1st down
          get killed in the 4th quarter but I think they wore out.

Oh well, there is always next season, again!

Comment

If Tiano doesn't cost them on Wieneke's TD, it's 19-17 and the Jacks have momentum. Instead, Christion threw a pick on the next play.

Just too many mistakes again today. We made a ton last time too but the Bison were much better today.

Jacks ran 39 freakin' plays on offense. Bison ran 73 plays. Just unreal.

Comment

Another 9-4 season. Jacks have never had a 10 win season. Been close so many times.

Next year they have Duquense, @Montana State, Drake and then NDSU, UNI, and ISU-R at home. They should be good. But this one still sucks.
              With that schedule if we don't win 10 games I can see a total meltdown coming by some people.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                With that schedule if we don't win 10 games I can see a total meltdown coming by some people.
                Do we have an FBS game next year?

Comment

We need a running game. 44 & 35 are not the answer. Brady is Tyrel Kool and Wallace is always wanting the HR. ZZ got HR's because he just ran.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Do we have an FBS game next year?
                    Nope. Duquense, @Montana State, Drake are the non-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      A 9-4 season is more respectable than a 4 and 9 season. We are winning, just can seem to get over certain humps in the road.
                      If it were different "humps" that were causing us to not get to the next level, I'd be happy with were the team is at now,

However...when it is the same issues holding us back (coaching) then that's where my issues arise.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If it were different "humps" that were causing us to not get to the next level, I'd be happy with were the team is at now,

However...when it is the same issues holding us back (coaching) then that's where my issues arise.
                        The same humps every freaking time...

Great season Jacks.

Again, I may be in the minority but I'd rather lose with an overaggressive D than what we've been doing. Vanilla is what got us gassed...3rd and 23 is going to sting for a very long time.

Comment

One team made in game adjustments today one didn't. Not real surprised which team failed to adjust.

Comment

That's part of being a very competitive league. We had the same problem in the NCC. Mike Daly knew how to win, but his best season was 7-3 and 7-4. I think both Mike and Stig played by the rules. We could go get some hot shot who cuts corners and goes 15-0 with a NC, but we forfeit it the following year due to several NCAA infractions. Meanwhile we fire the hotshot and he moves on to NDSU. The thing that does keep me a big fan is the morality of the coaches. I am not speaking of the spiritual nature of Coach Stig which is not a requirement, but his respect and willingness to follow all the other rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              That's part of being a very competitive league. We had the same problem in the NCC. Mike Daly knew how to win, but his best season was 7-3 and 7-4. I think both Mike and Stig played by the rules. We could go get some hot shot who cuts corners and goes 15-0 with a NC, but we forfeit it the following year due to several NCAA infractions. Meanwhile we fire the hotshot and he moves on to NDSU. The thing that does keep me a big fan is the morality of the coaches. I am not speaking of the spiritual nature of Coach Stig which is not a requirement, but his respect and willingness to follow all the other rules.
                              Well I guess I've missed the forfeit of the previous 5 championships...NDSU is the standard as much as it pains me to say. They do it on the up and up as well. I don't want the coaches replaced, far from it. But for crying out loud, realize that you need to dial it up on D and that a simple power run into the teeth of their D by your undersized RB isn't going to work.

Hell Paris was lucky to get the yard he got after the INT.

Comment

Men's basketball team is a borderline dumpster fire, best player on women's team may have a serious knee injury and the FB team gets embarrassed on national TV. Yikes 😬!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X