Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I've been Enlightened on a time where a rumor from this board proved to be false. The above post has been removed based on that FACT.

That being said, I can't wait to watch more playoff football!

Did you reply to your own quote again?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

yes, but it was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Gotta love completely random and unsourced rumors...."I know a guy, he's reliable"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I can promise you my sources are reliable. I'd tell you what I know but I just don't see any upside to it. Let Stig, the AD and the team decide how they want to handle it and make the announcement when they're good and ready.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I can promise you my sources are reliable. I'd tell you what I know but I just don't see any upside to it. Let Stig, the AD and the team decide how they want to handle it and make the announcement when they're good and ready.
          Hate this. Sounds like incredibly poor decisions from some individuals.

Comment

Well that doesn't sound promising.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Well that doesn't sound promising.

No it does not. JackMD is a reliable source.

Comment

You cant just keep us hanging here. Well, you can if you want to. I don't need full detail, but at least let us know if we are talking 3 starters. Pretty please....

Comment

Zim made it sound on twitter he would be surprised if all staters were not in starting lineup.

Comment

Which players were out today? Is that why the lines struggled?

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                      Which players were out today? Is that why the lines struggled?
                      Tyler Merriam alluded to the questionable nature of the rumors, as can be seen here (referring to the "don't believe everything you hear" reply).

It didn't seem like the interior DL was gashed as much as the edge on some of Stick's runs, and DB's had trouble shedding blocks -- thought there were a couple possible holds there were not called on the Bison on some intermediate to longer gains, but I am biased. It seemed like interior OL was fooled by a couple stunts or overpowered -- consecutive sacks of Christion stick out in my mind here.

Comment

Are we ever going to hear who those reliable sources were ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Are we ever going to hear who those reliable sources were ?
                          I heard third hand that we should not make to much of this because in one case, there was not a smoking gun violation. I suppose, as a for instance, that an individual could take some over the counter cough medicine and it might show up on a drug test as a illegal substance. I suspect we may never hear about this again. So reliable sources? CNN has a program Reliable Sources, if that is any help.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Tyler Merriam alluded to the questionable nature of the rumors, as can be seen here (referring to the "don't believe everything you hear" reply).

It didn't seem like the interior DL was gashed as much as the edge on some of Stick's runs, and DB's had trouble shedding blocks -- thought there were a couple possible holds there were not called on the Bison on some intermediate to longer gains, but I am biased. It seemed like interior OL was fooled by a couple stunts or overpowered -- consecutive sacks of Christion stick out in my mind here.
                            So basically JackMD trolled his own fan base?

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                              So basically JackMD trolled his own fan base?
                              The report of an assertion of fact made by someone considered credible does not necessarily mean the reporter is attesting to the veracity of the assertion. People otherwise known to be credible can pass on information that has no basis in fact. JackMD essentially said he had heard something from someone he considered credible. He didn't claim first-hand knowledge of the fact asserted. Got that? How you can jump to the conclusion you make is trolling, gabe01? [I'm not interested in a response to that question, gabe.]

Today I'm not tolerant of trolling by a Bison fan.

There are risks inherent in discussing rumors. One may be participating in spreading worthless junk even though it was heard from a credible source. One may be spreading something that turns out to be partially or wholly accurate --and the source was someone who is not credible.

I am not particularly fond of the gossiping that can go on in a message board -- bunch of old ladies on a 1960s telephone party line (Or so I've been told.�� ). At the same time, I recognize that gossip and fan messages boards go together like peanut butter and jelly--most posters like it.

It seems to me that the gossip spread in the past couple of days has gone about as far as it can go without some confirmation from someone who knows first-hand the actual facts. But, that's just me. If others want to continue kicking the story around, I won't stop it. I may stop some interloper using the gossip to accuse a reputable Jacks fan of trolling.
                              Last edited by JackJD; 12-11-2016, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Care to eloborate? You gloat about how reliable your sources are but yet no one seemed to miss the game....

Comment

Working...
                                X