Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Half: SDSU 7, Villanova 7.

Jacks with some questionable play calls in the first half.

Total yards: VU 204, SDSU 124.

Comment

The 2nd quarter perfectly empasized why werenot going to win a championship this year imo.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Villanova's players bouncing off the field like they won the half. Our players shuffling off the field.

Their coach: "You've got to play, man. We're in a playoff game. You've got to go for it."

#ThingsOurCoachesNeverSay
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Interview with Nova coach

TV guy: What made you change your mind to go for it down 7 at the goaline?

Talley: Well they were nice and called three timeouts so we had time to game plan a great play that was gauranteed to be a touchdown or incompletion. We could then kick it on fourth down if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Villanova's two best defensive players, a pass rusher and safety leading the nation in picks, not playing: Let's run it.

Villanova no timeouts: Let's call some.
            I especially liked the 3rd & 4 read option dive play to Paris...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Continuing the rant: 124 yards. Against a team that got got pressure on our QB one time, and didn't hit him at all.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Stig's in his playoff mode...that's not a compliment.

Comment

Dumb. Those 4 points are on Stig. "Hey, you're not sure if you can get a play off in 7 seconds? Here's a free time out for you to draw up a quick play".

Comment

I think we win this game, but I hate that first half so much.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Villanova is what, the fourth or fifth best team we've seen this year? Ugh.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        Stig's in his playoff mode...that's not a compliment.
                        Lawd i hope i wont have to add this game to my wtf list of sdsu football games.....
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The only success we've had is throwing the ball down field to Wieneke and Goedert. Actually, they haven't been able to stop it much. But let's try to prove a point by running the ball against a very good run defense. Smart.

Comment

I think we win this game despite the coaching errors. And a bunch of posters will come here and rip people for not having faith.

Well... let's be clear. Not throwing it when their two best defenders are out of the game for a quarter and calling a time out at the end of a half to save them a penalty and give them a shot at a TD. Those are mistakes. Our players did not make those mistakes. The coaches did.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              The only success we've had is throwing the ball down field to Wieneke and Goedert. Actually, they haven't been able to stop it much. But let's try to prove a point by running the ball against a very good run defense. Smart.
                              The reality is we did have a little, limited success running it a few times. But are we going to move down the field and score touchdowns on the ground against anyone other than USD? Not a chance.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                I think we win this game despite the coaching errors. And a bunch of posters will come here and rip people for not having faith.

Well... let's be clear. Not throwing it when their two best defenders are out of the game for a quarter and calling a time out at the end of a half to save them a penalty and give them a shot at a TD. Those are mistakes. Our players did not make those mistakes. The coaches did.
                                This.

There have been times we've won in spite of our coaches.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X