• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: All thing playoffs.

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I think the playoff tickets are a good value and would certainly hope more than 5,000 show up.
    We won't be impressed with the turnout I can assure you. I think we can eclipse 5K and if we hit 5-digits I will be ecstatic!

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    Probably so but this playoff ticket is cheaper than my season ticket per game. I'm not saying they are cheap but I don't think price will be the deciding factor for people to attend or not.
    I think the playoff tickets are a good value and would certainly hope more than 5,000 show up.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Second round games I could easily find ticket prices for:

Eastern Washington - $20-$32
    UND - $22.50
    Sam Houston - $18-$30
    Probably so but this playoff ticket is cheaper than my season ticket per game. I'm not saying they are cheap but I don't think price will be the deciding factor for people to attend or not.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Second round games I could easily find ticket prices for:

Eastern Washington - $20-$32
    UND - $22.50
    Sam Houston - $18-$30

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

I see playoff tickets range from $37-$47... I'm predicting a crowd of 5000. I might wait to see what the weather is like, there will be plenty of walkup tickets available.

(grabs popcorn)
    Including mine in club seating.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    So in that case, being a borderline seeded team is tough. Where as if you had a seed locked up, you would just bid the minimum. Doesn't seem fair really. But fair seems to be the last thing the NCAA cares about, so it makes sense.
    I know. I was thinking that if we put in a good bit to get a home game wondering if we were not ranked, if that would hurt us. Like SDSU bid a lot so lets put them at 9 and give a home game but maybe UCA or another school gets the 8 seed. Unless they do the seeds before they open the bids.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    I believe you pay what you bid, and bids are submitted before the seeds are decided. There is a minimum I believe per round even if you are a seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So in that case, being a borderline seeded team is tough. Where as if you had a seed locked up, you would just bid the minimum. Doesn't seem fair really. But fair seems to be the last thing the NCAA cares about, so it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I was kind of surprised at the price as well. How does the bidding process work when you get a seed? Do you just automatically pay what you bid, since you get an automatic home game? Do bids even come into play with seeds, or is there a set amount that seeds pay? Seems like if teams new they were going to get a seed (top 5 or 6 teams), then you would just bid the minimum, because you wouldn't need to compete against anyone. Where as I'm sure we had to put in a decent bid in case we didn't get a seed and had to compete for a home game.
    I believe you pay what you bid, and bids are submitted before the seeds are decided. There is a minimum I believe per round even if you are a seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

I see playoff tickets range from $37-$47... I'm predicting a crowd of 5000. I might wait to see what the weather is like, there will be plenty of walkup tickets available.

(grabs popcorn)
    I was kind of surprised at the price as well. How does the bidding process work when you get a seed? Do you just automatically pay what you bid, since you get an automatic home game? Do bids even come into play with seeds, or is there a set amount that seeds pay? Seems like if teams new they were going to get a seed (top 5 or 6 teams), then you would just bid the minimum, because you wouldn't need to compete against anyone. Where as I'm sure we had to put in a decent bid in case we didn't get a seed and had to compete for a home game.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

(grabs popcorn)
    That is setting the bar pretty low. I hope it's higher than that.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Here is the Massey Composite rundown (40 rankings) for the playoff teams. Seeds are in ( ). (Because I can't spell parenthesis!)
    1) NDSU (1), 2) E. WA (2), 3) Jacksonvlle St (3), 4) James Madison (4), 5) SH St (5), 6) Jacks (8), 7) Citadel (6), 8) Youngstown, 9) Cent. Ark, 10) Chattanooga, 11) UND (7), 12) Charleston, 14, Villanova, 15) Wolford, 16) Lehigh, 18 Richmond, 19) IL St, 20) Cal Poly, 21) Samford, 24) San Diego, 27) N Hamp, 28 Weber St, 29) NC A&T, 57) St Francis
    Judging by these rankings, we got a decent draw in terms of first round pairing since we face either the 13th or 24th ranked team in the tournament based on Massey. Villanova got an amazing draw.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

(grabs popcorn)

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied

Here is the Massey Composite rundown (40 rankings) for the playoff teams. Seeds are in ( ). (Because I can't spell parenthesis!)
    1) NDSU (1), 2) E. WA (2), 3) Jacksonvlle St (3), 4) James Madison (4), 5) SH St (5), 6) Jacks (8), 7) Citadel (6), 8) Youngstown, 9) Cent. Ark, 10) Chattanooga, 11) UND (7), 12) Charleston, 14, Villanova, 15) Wolford, 16) Lehigh, 18 Richmond, 19) IL St, 20) Cal Poly, 21) Samford, 24) San Diego, 27) N Hamp, 28 Weber St, 29) NC A&T, 57) St Francis

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Anyone heard how many tickets are sold for the December 3rd game?
    Don't think you would know till after the 28th.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Anyone heard how many tickets are sold for the December 3rd game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X