Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ UNI for the MVFC title!

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I'm not sure that'd be a better draw for us though. We probably match-up better with NDSU.
    Don't disagree. I like that draw. Just think were the 7 seed.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Don't disagree. I like that draw. Just think were the 7 seed.
      I'll take the 8. I much prefer to go to Fargo over Cheney. EWU is a matchup nightmare for anyone, NDSU is more clear cut as to what we need to do. Weather will not be a factor, we won't be intimidated by the crowd and we actually play pretty well in Fargo. Our one experience in Cheney was not good. We get a home game and if we can beat Villanova we get a bus ride. Much better than flying west.

Plus, in regards to the seed. We lost to Cal Poly. I realize it was early in the year and we are a much different team today but we did lose. That game, far more than the ISUr game hurt our seeding chances.

Comment

No doubt the Jacks had a better resume than ND. If you only go on the team records then Sam Houston would be number one seed. I like the indoor game versus a bad weather game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          His job is to be professional and unbiased. He does a great job at that. The last thing I want even as a Jacks fan is a cheerleader calling the game.
          No it isn't...his job is to call the game for the Jacks fans who are listening.

Comment

As far as the seed goes, I think we're better off with the devil we know well. Imagine the huge statement when we win.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
              No, no it's not. Yes, it's through the Jackrabbit Radio Network but he can be unbiased and still call a good game. Yes most of the people listening are going to be Jackrabbit fans but I absolutely hate homer announcers. I like to know about the other team instead of just everything being about SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                No, no it's not. Yes, it's through the Jackrabbit Radio Network but he can be unbiased and still call a good game. Yes most of the people listening are going to be Jackrabbit fans but I absolutely hate homer announcers. I like to know about the other team instead of just everything being about SDSU.
                Agreed; I enjoy the entire crew's commentary, and I think Tyler does a good job of balancing pro-Jacks statements with general info. regarding the opponent. Plus, it's great to hear the excitement when the Jacks force a turnover, break loose for a big gain, or score a TD. I'd take Mr. Merriam over the folks I've had to listen to during away USD and NDSU games on Espn3 any day.

Comment

IMO, his job is to paint a word picture of what is actually happening on the field/court. Not telling people what they want to hear.

Everyone's preferences are different. I think he does a phenomenal job. You don't. That's OK.

I've listened to pretty much everyone else in the conference (and many non-conference) via their video feeds for as long as we've been in the league, and there is no comparison. He isn't perfect (and I'm sure he would be the first to admit it), but his talent, professionalism, and preparation are much better than the norm for FCS.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Holy smokes. Jacks fans are getting awfully spoiled. Tyler does a great job on the radio and on other venues. SDSU and Jackrabbit fans are very fortunate to have him. He's quick, knowledgeable and has a good sense of humor. He's an easy listen.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Poor boxer boy!! To think his one remark trigger all this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        IMO, his job is to paint a word picture of what is actually happening on the field/court. Not telling people what they want to hear.

Everyone's preferences are different. I think he does a phenomenal job. You don't. That's OK.

I've listened to pretty much everyone else in the conference (and many non-conference) via their video feeds for as long as we've been in the league, and there is no comparison. He isn't perfect (and I'm sure he would be the first to admit it), but his talent, professionalism, and preparation are much better than the norm for FCS.
                        This^

If someone thinks Tyler is bad I challenge them to listen to the announcers of some of our peers. You'll find Tyler is head and shoulders above them. It's really not even close.

Case in point. The guy on the WNAX feed for the Idaho game last night. He was supposedly the "long-time" radio voice for football and basketball. Tyler is WAY better than him. More prepared, and does a better job of describing the action.

Nothing is worse than a homer announcer. Sure Tyler is part of the "Jackrabbit Network", but that doesn't mean we don't have opposing fans tuning in.

Comment

Yes it is. His job is to call the game with some form of an unbiased approach to give an accurate description of events. I'm going to on a limb and say your a Vikings fan and love Paul Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Yes it is. His job is to call the game with some form of an unbiased approach to give an accurate description of events. I'm going to on a limb and say your a Vikings fan and love Paul Allen

I can't stand that dude! I actually enjoy when the Vikings lose in large part because of this guy. His call of the missed FG last year by Blair Walsh is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              IMO, his job is to paint a word picture of what is actually happening on the field/court.
                              My only occasional issue with his broadcasts is with the picture painting. IMO, Tyler sometimes gets a little too caught up in painting the picture that it takes too long to get to what actually happened on the field. He's painting the picture, and I'm asking, "Did he catch the ball?" or "Was it a touchdown?" or "Did he make the shot?" Sometimes you can tell from the crowd reaction, but not always, especially on the road. Overall, though, he does a fine job.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

I'm a Vikings fan and can't stand PA. I use to listen his daily radio show and I had to stop because his homerism started bothering me.

Comment

Working...
                                X