GDT: @ UNI for the MVFC title!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ UNI for the MVFC title!

Jacks are at #4 in the Sagarin and #5 in the Massey ratings, both updated after yesterday's games.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Highlights are out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJuecFoAC6g

On the int to salt the game, poor old #74 for UNI (6:05 mark)...gotta hand it to that kid, he gave it his absolute all to try to catch Soulek...almost wish he'da caught him!
      I don't mean any disrespect or anything, and I know many of you will rip me and disagree too. I just am not a fan of Tyler Merriman's, (sp) play by play announcing. I will admit that it is primarily a matter of taste. His voice is too high-pitched for my liking but I do think his play-by-play could be much improved also. However, living quite a ways away, I only listen to him on the highlights of Jackrabbit football. That being said the football team I couldn't be prouder of.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I think it was #75 but yeah that's all effort there. Game was over. I've got respect for him.

Soulek was absolutely gassed after that!
        #75 was Cal Twait who the Jacks had offered.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Two of our 3 losses could be to FCS teams that wont make the playoffs. Our FCS loss doesnt look great since TCU is currently .500. The committee could easily not give us a seed.

We win vs Poly or ISUr and we are seeded. We dropped both so we are firmly on the bubble.
          Cal Poly will be in and our ISUr loss doesn't look so back with how the Redbirds finished the season. In addition, SDSU have a win over NDSU and YSU who are both in, an MVFC title (shared with their #1) and we are 7-1 in our last 8 games (finish strong). The win over UNI looks big, scoring 45 on a team with one of the top defenses in the country, at their place. UNI won't be in the playoffs but they get a lot of respect within the FCS world. I expect we will get a 7 or 8 with UND getting the spot we don't get. I understand pessimism but Richmond getting beat yesterday and UCA getting hammered was YUGE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
            I don't mean any disrespect or anything, and I know many of you will rip me and disagree too. I just am not a fan of Tyler Merriman's, (sp) play by play announcing. I will admit that it is primarily a matter of taste. His voice is too high-pitched for my liking but I do think his play-by-play could be much improved also. However, living quite a ways away, I only listen to him on the highlights of Jackrabbit football. That being said the football team I couldn't be prouder of.
            No disrespect noted, and Tyler's pitch in his voice is higher than that of the past two voices Norm Hilson and Steve Emming. The first time I heard Tyler, he was doing a baseball game and he sounded like Vince Scully of the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers fame. Tylers wife was my nurse until she switched jobs, but I always talked sports with her every visit which was three months, and she told me, that Tyler had tapes and tapes of Vince Scully which he listened too often. Personally I like Tyler better than his two predecessors. He might be a little on the emotional side but we need that too. Yes I too am very proud of our team after yesterday. UNI might be down a bit, but they got some great athletes coming back next year.

Comment

I think he's absolutely great.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

UNI has some very good athletes but their style of play makes them look a little undisciplined. I heard one comparison that seemed to sum it up: UNI's football team this year is a little like a basketball team that is full of Jucos...sometimes its difficult to get them to play together even though the individual players can be good athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I do too, he is an acquired taste though. Also, he does have a high pitched voice... I was watching a game called by a female and I could have sworn it was Tyler.

Comment

Loved his call on the Soulek TD return.

Comment

He's the most prepared guy you'll ever meet. He does his homework. He's a young guy, but has been at it for decades. He's an award-winner for his play-by-play. Literally one of the most talented broadcasters I have ever known. SDSU is very lucky to have him.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        He's the most prepared guy you'll ever meet. He does his homework. He's a young guy, but has been at it for decades. He's an award-winner for his play-by-play. Literally one of the most talented broadcasters I have ever known. SDSU is very lucky to have him.
                        Listening to those Vince Scully tapes does hurt his preparation. Vince will never be replaced and someday we may be saying the same thing about Tyler.

Comment

Was there a replay anywhere to watch this? I watched just a few mintues of it when we had our daughters birthday party, but i dont see it on watch espn like it normally would be.

Does gojacks have replays on it?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Was there a replay anywhere to watch this? I watched just a few mintues of it when we had our daughters birthday party, but i dont see it on watch espn like it normally would be.

Does gojacks have replays on it?
                            I would imagine it would show up. If not, I haven't seen full game replays anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              I like Tyler as well. He's always very well prepared. He is great at doing baseball. I used to enjoy when he did Jackrabbit baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I just wanted to share these post-game interviews with Stig and some of the players. If you listened to the post-game radio show, you already heard these, but you need to watch them to see the pure joy in the faces of the players and the coach. So proud of these guys and can't wait for December 3rd! (Sorry in advance to those people who don't like Tyler. )

Coach Stig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6oh-SH4odw
                                Players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNCTXySb-Q
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X