USD week (sans smack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD week (sans smack)

Jacks open as an 11.5 pt favorite, according to 5 dimes, the over under is set at 71.5 total pts

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
      Jacks open as an 11.5 pt favorite, according to 5 dimes, the over under is set at 71.5 total pts
      69-3 Bergner is unstoppable
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        69-3 Bergner is unstoppable
        Haha, I was thinking the same thing sort of score. Like Let USD get a FG first just to get their hopes up and Bergner probably makes it to start the scoring. Then we just rip into them for like 40-50 and crush what ever little hope they had. Proabbly will be somewhere in the middle of that though. Just don't want anyone to get hurt during the game so we are healthy going to UNI which is a challenging game to end the year.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
          42-28. I'll take the under

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Haha,.... Then we just rip into them for like 40-50 and crush what ever little hope they had....
            Geez, goon. Like, take away their will to live?

i predict 48-3 good guys.

Comment

I would expect something more like the last game we had where they get a big play or two and gash us badly but we generally keep them in check. Hard to keep an explosive offense like theirs contained the whole game with the young guys we have. One mental lapse and it's a TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

There are still 3,276 tickets available which is down from Friday afternoon when there were 3909.

I'd like to see a sell out but I don't think that will be happening. I kind of expect a poor student turn out (but better than last week) again for all similar reasons as last week and it is a three day weekend. Again, I'm not condoning them not showing up, just telling you what I am directly hearing from students.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  There are still 3,276 tickets available which is down from Friday afternoon when there were 3909.

I'd like to see a sell out but I don't think that will be happening. I kind of expect a poor student turn out (but better than last week) again for all similar reasons as last week and it is a three day weekend. Again, I'm not condoning them not showing up, just telling you what I am directly hearing from students.
                  If we don't sell out that's on USD fans... How do they not have more people coming up for the game? Have they lost alk hope in terms of beating SDSU?

Comment

If we get in the neighborhood of 16,000, we have a very good sized crowd. I don't think its a big deal if it takes several games down the road before we sell out. We are drawing record crowds which we should with a new facility. As far as student attendance, apathy has always been there to a certain degree.

Comment

I think this game is going to be closer than most of you. As soon as I start to well up some confidence, I am reminded of the Cal Poly game. A running QB will give us fits if we sell out on him. I'm hoping for a kerblastification, but expecting a win by 10 or so and not decided until the last half of the 4th quarter.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        If we don't sell out that's on USD fans...
                        I don't agree with the above. I think it is up to Jacks fans to get in the habit of attending games in Brookings. I think the fan support in the inaugural season of the new stadium is encouraging. We are averaging 14954 over the five home games so far. The high was the YSU game on Hobo Day, 17730, and the low was last weekend, MSU, 10,826. Our smallest crowd was considerably larger than USD's stadium capacity.

I'm projecting (guessing) 17,000 for Saturday of which 500-700 will be USD fans. Since it is a three-day weekend, the student crowd (both schools) will likely be light.

Best chance for the first sellout, 19,340, is our top rival next season--NDSU tries to take back the Marker.

Remember the stadium was built large enough to accommodate nearly all crowds that can be expected in the near term. It is easily expandable to add seating to take the capacity to 22,000. Before we get to that point, we have to have season ticket sales not unlike what NDSU does. I remain confident that we will get to the point that fans of opponents in easy driving distance won't bother trying to get a ticket because other than the conference-managed minimum, there won't be tickets available for visitors.

Comment

Some comparisons on attendance:

USD is averaging 8541 over four home games (numbers obtained from USD website). Their largest crowd was 10,221 and smallest was 7416. The capacity of the USD stadium is officially listed as 10,000. Many would contend that number is a little high based on the current configuration on game days (and therefore 'go figure!!?' the claim of 10,221).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Some comparisons on attendance:

USD is averaging 8541 over four home games (numbers obtained from USD website). Their largest crowd was 10,221 and smallest was 7416. The capacity of the USD stadium is officially listed as 10,000. Many would contend that number is a little high based on the current configuration on game days (and therefore 'go figure!!?' the claim of 10,221).
                            This is a discussion that's been had time after time. Both AD's of our respective schools "pad" the numbers to reflect tickets sold, not used. Attendance at 99% of the stadiums in the country is never what ticket sales are. In the case of USD, although 10,221 was reported, I find it highly unlikely that was true attendance. But if indeed it was, the answer to your riddle of how can it be more than capacity, is there is the new Booster room in the south end zone that the walls were cut out and replaced with glass so people can watch from an end zone perspective. I'm guessing at minimum the room holds 250 people.

Regarding where USD fans will sit for Saturday, the answer is not just section 124. We just bought tickets last week on the 50, halfway up....east side. Bought from your website.

Looks like a windy day Saturday. Nice temps though. Perfect for college football.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I don't agree with the above. I think it is up to Jacks fans to get in the habit of attending games in Brookings. I think the fan support in the inaugural season of the new stadium is encouraging. We are averaging 14954 over the five home games so far. The high was the YSU game on Hobo Day, 17730, and the low was last weekend, MSU, 10,826. Our smallest crowd was considerably larger than USD's stadium capacity.

I'm projecting (guessing) 17,000 for Saturday of which 500-700 will be USD fans. Since it is a three-day weekend, the student crowd (both schools) will likely be light.

Best chance for the first sellout, 19,340, is our top rival next season--NDSU tries to take back the Marker.

Remember the stadium was built large enough to accommodate nearly all crowds that can be expected in the near term. It is easily expandable to add seating to take the capacity to 22,000. Before we get to that point, we have to have season ticket sales not unlike what NDSU does. I remain confident that we will get to the point that fans of opponents in easy driving distance won't bother trying to get a ticket because other than the conference-managed minimum, there won't be tickets available for visitors.
                              Our average of nearly 15,000 is very impressive. It crazy to think that we have to depend on USD to fill our place. They have their own concerns. Of course they are welcome, but to think they bought 50 yard tickets is our marketing problem.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                This is a discussion that's been had time after time. Both AD's of our respective schools "pad" the numbers to reflect tickets sold, not used. Attendance at 99% of the stadiums in the country is never what ticket sales are. In the case of USD, although 10,221 was reported, I find it highly unlikely that was true attendance. But if indeed it was, the answer to your riddle of how can it be more than capacity, is there is the new Booster room in the south end zone that the walls were cut out and replaced with glass so people can watch from an end zone perspective. I'm guessing at minimum the room holds 250 people.

Regarding where USD fans will sit for Saturday, the answer is not just section 124. We just bought tickets last week on the 50, halfway up....east side. Bought from your website.

Looks like a windy day Saturday. Nice temps though. Perfect for college football.

You can sit wherever you want. If you want to sit as a group 224 is the section

Comment

Working...
                                X