GDT: Missouri State Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

It looked as though he was a bit gimpy after one of his early runs. Running the ball should be a very late decision for any quarterback other than designated draw etc. and those should be limited to very important situations. 198 yards rushing by running backs ought to be enough ground game to go with 325 yards of passing.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      It looked as though he was a bit gimpy after one of his early runs. Running the ball should be a very late decision for any quarterback other than designated draw etc. and those should be limited to very important situations. 198 yards rushing by running backs ought to be enough ground game to go with 325 yards of passing.
      I'm just afraid we'll Stig with him even if he becomes less than the best option.

Comment

TC's is definitely struggling at times. He is mechanically off, high throws and throws to the turf on wide open swing passes. He knows it based on his reaction. He is behind receivers often, not letting it fly soon enough and misss wide open receivers a couple times a game. With that said, he has great number. Imagine getting his mechanics in line and finding his mojo, potentially unstoppable.

Comment

I hope everyone got a look at the front page of the sports section in the Argus today!

Jackrabbit nation! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            I hope everyone got a look at the front page of the sports section in the Argus today!

Jackrabbit nation! Go Jacks!!
            Cruise Control
            Last edited by Nidaros; 11-06-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I'm just afraid we'll Stig with him even if he becomes less than the best option.
              Oh my.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                We have the most prolific offense SDSU has ever seen. This would simply not be the case without TC in there. Get over it. He's the freaking best option, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  We have the most prolific offense SDSU has ever seen. This would simply not be the case without TC in there. Get over it. He's the freaking best option, move on.
                  I am 100 percent in agreement with the first two sentences. I am puzzled with the TC run plays and why we don't see them much anymore. Possibly they have decided they don't need to take them as you said or maybe TC is not 100 per cent. It seems that often those QB runs are not decided until the defense on the other side of the ball lines up, and you take them when you can. That we have not seen in the last couple of games, and the reason is not clear.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 11-07-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Overall I was happy with the win Saturday. They did what they had to do.

My only concern and it has been that way for a while is the struggles our defense has on third downs. They said on the radio that our D was the worst in the league at stopping teams on third down. Heck, not only are they not stopping them but they are giving up huge plays, committing terrible penalties, and giving opponents that we should be grabbing by the neck a chance to stay in the game.

Take this game for example. We go up 14-0 and all looks great. Then we give up a 90-yard play on 3rd and 15. Not long after, we turn it over, hold on first and second, and then commit a bad PI on third down to extend a drive that lets MSU tie it up. We were DOMINATING the game but two plays and it changed everything.

My point being that if we want to be a top team, make a deep playoff run, and contend for a title those lapses need to stop. There weren't any in the NDSU game. Not sure why there is a difference.

We've got one more home game against an up and coming Coyote team that would really like to pee in our Wheaties. We need a big, and vocal crowd in the DJD next week. Current forecast is for 59 degrees and a 10% chance of rain and a strong SSW breeze. Sounds like a great day for football to me!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Watched some of the game finally on DVR and can only ask how did we get hosed with a ineligible player downfield at ISUR and MSU didn't. In the 2nd half, they ran one, similar to how it looked when we did. They had the ball on the yardline, so you can see the lineman were further up the field when he threw the ball for MSU then when TC did at ISUR.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Watched some of the game finally on DVR and can only ask how did we get hosed with a ineligible player downfield at ISUR and MSU didn't. In the 2nd half, they ran one, similar to how it looked when we did. They had the ball on the yardline, so you can see the lineman were further up the field when he threw the ball for MSU then when TC did at ISUR.
                        I haven't watched game, but I was curious if they said anything about the punt that Jacks appeared to have downed inside the 5 that refs said was a touchback. Based on replays shown during game, it sure seemed like Jacks never stepped into endzone.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Overall I was happy with the win Saturday. They did what they had to do.

My only concern and it has been that way for a while is the struggles our defense has on third downs. They said on the radio that our D was the worst in the league at stopping teams on third down. Heck, not only are they not stopping them but they are giving up huge plays, committing terrible penalties, and giving opponents that we should be grabbing by the neck a chance to stay in the game.

Take this game for example. We go up 14-0 and all looks great. Then we give up a 90-yard play on 3rd and 15. Not long after, we turn it over, hold on first and second, and then commit a bad PI on third down to extend a drive that lets MSU tie it up. We were DOMINATING the game but two plays and it changed everything.

My point being that if we want to be a top team, make a deep playoff run, and contend for a title those lapses need to stop. There weren't any in the NDSU game. Not sure why there is a difference.

We've got one more home game against an up and coming Coyote team that would really like to pee in our Wheaties. We need a big, and vocal crowd in the DJD next week. Current forecast is for 59 degrees and a 10% chance of rain and a strong SSW breeze. Sounds like a great day for football to me!

SUPERBUNNY
                          You think the QBs might have something to do with it? Lambert for MSU seemed to have more freedom to pass, so the Jacks might've had to respect that more than they did against NDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            I haven't watched game, but I was curious if they said anything about the punt that Jacks appeared to have downed inside the 5 that refs said was a touchback. Based on replays shown during game, it sure seemed like Jacks never stepped into endzone.
                            Yeah I didn't see that as close. It sure looks close, I think it was they were over the goal line touching it, and maybe the ball did break the plane. Its confusing on the rule for that. seems like other teams have players break the goal line and dive over to save the ball and they down it at the 1, yet we always get called for a touch back. I thought it was were the ball was and the player could jump over the line but the ball cant cross the plane of it.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Yeah I didn't see that as close. It sure looks close, I think it was they were over the goal line touching it, and maybe the ball did break the plane. Its confusing on the rule for that. seems like other teams have players break the goal line and dive over to save the ball and they down it at the 1, yet we always get called for a touch back. I thought it was were the ball was and the player could jump over the line but the ball cant cross the plane of it.
                              Thanks. It was difficult to see if ball broke plane in real time from seats or on replay. Wondered in they had endzone angle they showed

Comment

It looked like the ref's got it right from Section 124.

Comment

Working...
                                X