Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Are we taking a bus to Iowa? Or flying? Weather is going to turn to the worse Thursday night and Friday. Yes I seen this movie before.
    Agreed. Hopefully we are able to adjust our travel plans to ensure that the team gets there safe and sound and is able to rest unlike last years "planes, trains, and automobiles" adventure. I think we typically bus to Cedar Falls so that should hopefully provide some flexibility with departure time.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      A conference win on the road to lock up a seed after beating a rival the week before? I think I've seen this movie.
      Yep. I think all this talk about a playoff seed is premature. Focus has to be solely on UNI. Farley will have all guns blazing. If the Jacks give UNI any wiggle room they could absolutely burry us and then were heading on the road for the playoffs.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

From what I'm hearing we put in a "very aggressive" bid for the first round of the playoffs. So unless we get sent to Montana and we don't get a seed, I would expect a home game on Friday night or Saturday.
        Other than winning the MVFC(which is huge) I'm not sure this game means much, as I don't see this clown-show of a committee giving us a seed over UND...I hope I'm completely wrong.
        Hopefully if we don't get a seed, we get a 1st round home game and then up to UND to put up about 900 yards on The Undies.
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Hopefully we are jumping the gun on travel problems. They are predicting little or no snow accumulation here in SW Minnesota, so there should be a clear travel path to Iowa.

Comment

A seed seems unlikely to me, but I do feel like we certainly have top-8 talent. I'm not so sure about top-8 consistency.

It's fun to discuss and all, but I have feeling UNI is going to permanently put an end to this seed-or-no-seed talk. They seem to have righted the ship and could easily be one of the top-10 teams in the country right now. They are also backed up against the wall, playing at home and facing an opponent that might have a rivalry/playoff clincher hangover. I'll be impressed and surprised if the Jacks get the win.

Comment

I think the jacks have a 50% chance they will win this game.........says Capt Obvious.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I think the jacks have a 50% chance they will win this game.........says Capt Obvious.
                "Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right,there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong." Andy Rooney

Comment

Best Case Scenario for a seed

There are four teams in running for the 7 & 8 seeds. UND-no losses conference champ or co-champ with EWU. Done for season with 2 losses. Beat a team Jacks lost to, uND went for win 2-pt PAT vs fbs team.

Richmond is two games back of JMU in CAA, with losses to Stony Brook & James Madison, beat Virginia. If they lose to arch-rival William&Mary, we could bypass.

Central Ark plays Sam Houston in only tough game on SHSUs schedule. Cheer for SHSU win. Don't see Jacks being seeded & UND unseeded, but could see SDSU as toughest conference auto-bid vs Richmond or defeated UCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell me again why we don't play UND every year? That would end this nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Tell me again why we don't play UND every year? That would end this nonsense
                      That may become a reality if/when they join the Valley

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        There are four teams in running for the 7 & 8 seeds. UND-no losses conference champ or co-champ with EWU. Done for season with 2 losses. Beat a team Jacks lost to, uND went for win 2-pt PAT vs fbs team.

Richmond is two games back of JMU in CAA, with losses to Stony Brook & James Madison, beat Virginia. If they lose to arch-rival William&Mary, we could bypass.

Central Ark plays Sam Houston in only tough game on SHSUs schedule. Cheer for SHSU win. Don't see Jacks being seeded & UND unseeded, but could see SDSU as toughest conference auto-bid vs Richmond or defeated UCA.

I think Richmond needs to lose along with Central Arkansas for a seed. They may still give Sam Houston a seed with one loss.

I don't think it's bad to talk about. It gives them more motivation by playing for the conference title and a possible seed.

The only plus side out of this is that the road for us likely goes through UND. That should be easier than NDSU.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          I think Richmond needs to lose along with Central Arkansas for a seed. They may still give Sam Houston a seed with one loss.

I don't think it's bad to talk about. It gives them more motivation by playing for the conference title and a possible seed.

The only plus side out of this is that the road for us likely goes through UND. That should be easier than NDSU.
                          It either delays going to NDSU by a game, or sends UND/SDSU out to EWU. That EWU match up may be an attractive choice to committee as it would match the Big Sky co champs against each other, or if SDSU wins, the two best offensive teams in the nation.

Comment

I think I'd rather play the Bison again in Fargo vs go out to EWU to face that offense. I think we match up better with the Bison.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I have a bad feeling that we'll be the 9th seed for the playoffs (aka: not seeded). I have zero faith in the committee to properly evaluate the resume of an 8-3 team against a 9-2 team from a P4 league (CAA,Big Sky, Southern, MVFC).

There is a very small part of me that thinks we should just lose to UNI this week and save ourselves the disappointment.
                              Last edited by Kemo; 11-15-2016, 07:00 AM.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                save ourselves the disappoint.
                                The disappoint is the worst.

Seriously though, best case is the 8 seed with NDSU the 2 or 3 seed.

Worst case is being the best unseeded team and getting jobbed by regionalization.

Comment

Working...
                                X