Best Case Scenario for a seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

What will be the situation of the basketball games.. They are at noon and 2:30. Football game at 2 Can they change anything to get all the fans to the football game. A lot of people have season tickets to both sports.

Comment

If we win our second round game and NDSU loses their's, who hosts the third round game? Would it be SDSU by virtue of being seeded, or would the team that defeated NDSU earn that home game as part of the spoils of their victory?
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        If we win our second round game and NDSU loses their's, who hosts the third round game? Would it be SDSU by virtue of being seeded, or would the team that defeated NDSU earn that home game as part of the spoils of their victory?
        Highest seed I believe. If neither team is seeded I think it goes to whatever was submitted for bids.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          Seeded teams always host as long as they put in the minimum bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johndan View Post
            What will be the situation of the basketball games.. They are at noon and 2:30. Football game at 2 Can they change anything to get all the fans to the football game. A lot of people have season tickets to both sports.
            The games are at 11 and 1:30. The mens game will be fine but the womens game will lose some fans. Unless they change the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              The games are at 11 and 1:30. The mens game will be fine but the womens game will lose some fans. Unless they change the time.
              It would be amazing if they could change it to a night DH, and go from tailgating to football to basketball. It would be a great Saturday.

Comment

I am surprised by the amount of people who want to play in Fargo.
                Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I am surprised by the amount of people who want to play in Fargo.
                  Be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Well it was either go to Fargo, play a team that we know we can beat indoors, or go to Cheney and play a team that has a passing game that rivals ours, which isn't our strong suit. Add to that it would be outdoors and cold, and the field is red... RED I TELL YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Well it was either go to Fargo, play a team that we know we can beat indoors, or go to Cheney and play a team that has a passing game that rivals ours, which isn't our strong suit. Add to that it would be outdoors and cold, and the field is red... RED I TELL YOU!

Red's a stupid color.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

It would be amazing if they could change it to a night DH, and go from tailgating to football to basketball. It would be a great Saturday.
                      Don't we wrestle Iowa that day as well?
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that without Richmond losing, it looks like we may have once again been left on the outside looking in for seeds. Their loss gave us a bye and guaranteed home game, assuming they would have still left UND ahead of us. Not sure why they wouldn't have.
                        I mentioned this before the UNI game, but I had zero faith in the committee to objectively evaluate an 8-3 team against a 9-2 team if both were from a big 4 conference (MVFC, CAA, Big Sky, Southern).

Every metric had us ranked higher than both Richmond and UND going into the final week. Our wins were better, our losses were better, and our strength or schedule from top to bottom was better, but as illustrated by the final rankings none, of that actually mattered. They were incapable of doing the mental hurdle it takes to get past the 1 loss differential.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          Don't we wrestle Iowa that day as well?

Wrestling match vs Iowa is Friday night. Was already a busy weekend for the Jacks, but the playoffs make it busier.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

[QUOTE=CappinHard;304802]It would be amazing if they could change it to a night DH, and go from tailgating to football to basketball. It would be a great Saturday.[/QUOTE

Or let the mens game stay the same and change the women to 6 or 7.

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;304828]
                              It would be amazing if they could change it to a night DH, and go from tailgating to football to basketball. It would be a great Saturday.[/QUOTE

Wonder if UAPB would be amenable to that change, as their next game appears to be a home contest on 12/10

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                This is what I was hoping for. Men BBall at 11:30. Football at 2:00. Women BBall at 6. Cubby's at 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X