Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri State and Hall of Fame Game (also Dairy Drive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri State and Hall of Fame Game (also Dairy Drive)

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    According to the box score, they had just over 10k for their game against UNI on 10-8-16. I'm not going to get into it but if that is correct, they did it 3 weeks ago.
    Is that even possible in the dome?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Not being a smart ass here but how on gods green earth can people/fans/students lose interest when you're tied for the league championship and you own the tiebreaker? What the heck kind of attendance will you have if your 4-5?
      From the outside, it would appear that the student attendance would trend with the overall record of the team (and it does to some extent), but I think the attendance for students doesn't have a whole lot to do with the team's record.
      There will always be good attendance for the first game, Hobo Day, and NDSU/USD. The others have always been about the same, whether the team is doing well or not. I can tell you first hand that 90% of students on campus don't know that we are tied for first in the valley, what last week's loss means for our seeding hopes (or how seeding in the FCS works), and who the other top teams in the valley (outside of NDSU) are this year. Most students here have extremely limited knowledge of FCS (or Valley) football. The high attendance games are the way they are because of the rival aspect of an opponent or because it's the home opener or Hobo Day, and the low attended games aren't due to the relative success/failures of the team. There may be a bump or a drop one way or the other, depending on the season, but it hasn't had a huge affect in the last 6 seasons, two of which were 5-6 years. The two bad years had about the same student trend as the 4 good ones.

I guarantee that if we had beat ISUr last week, been ranked in the top 8 by the committee today, and still held firm control of our seed and Valley title hopes, the student attendance would have been.........exactly the same as it will end up being this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        I say get over your tailgating rules (Boo, hoo! People won't let me drink illegally!) and get your deer early in the morning.
        I read that USD is having the same problems getting students to games. The cops down there are checking ID's and they have to get bracelets, too. That is scaring away some of their students. If you want to go somewhere else, have a few beers and watch the game on TV, why not? It may be illegal but I'm sure it has been happening since the beginning of time so why would students want to change now? Some students don't do those types of things but some do. Different people have different priorities.
        I'm not saying that underage is drinking is good but to think it doesn't or hasn't happened is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          ?????- That's what it says in the box score for the game.

Comment

I say get over your tailgating rules (Boo, hoo! People won't let me drink illegally!) and get your deer early in the morning.
            Gosh its almost like people were saying this was going to happen. Don't complain if there are effects on the student attendance when you put the rules in place. I understand the need for them, and argued what it would take to build student interest. These rules don't do that. If you want to be in a perfect world where students are more interested in going to a game than drinking in large numbers, I suggest you check your dreams. Don't bitch about student attendance when you put these rules in place. Myself and others said this would happen, and it is what it is. Its simple cause and effect. You can have your perfect kingdom of black and white while hurting student interest or do what is necessary to try to build interest. You can't have it both ways. So maybe you should boo hoo yourself? I'm not saying the rules are right or wrong, just that this is what the end result is. Its like if you bought a Prius because you loved the great fuel efficiency and then complaining cause you don't have the performance of a V8. You wanted efficiency in your vehicle and thats what you get. People wanted rules and the students kept under close watch, so thats what happens. It is what it is. I don't complain about the cold in wintertime because I live in the north and it gets cold. Same **** here.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

According to their website, the dome seats 10,000 and they have averaged 7600 since 2004. Believe what you want

Comment

When is the last time the yotes had 10k at a football game?
                Never. Dome doesn't hold 10K

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  Gosh its almost like people were saying this was going to happen. Don't complain if there are effects on the student attendance when you put the rules in place. I understand the need for them, and argued what it would take to build student interest. These rules don't do that. If you want to be in a perfect world where students are more interested in going to a game than drinking in large numbers, I suggest you check your dreams. Don't bitch about student attendance when you put these rules in place. Myself and others said this would happen, and it is what it is. Its simple cause and effect. You can have your perfect kingdom of black and white while hurting student interest or do what is necessary to try to build interest. You can't have it both ways. So maybe you should boo hoo yourself? I'm not saying the rules are right or wrong, just that this is what the end result is. Its like if you bought a Prius because you loved the great fuel efficiency and then complaining cause you don't have the performance of a V8. You wanted efficiency in your vehicle and thats what you get. People wanted rules and the students kept under close watch, so thats what happens. It is what it is. I don't complain about the cold in wintertime because I live in the north and it gets cold. Same **** here.
                  A couple items:
                  1. I don't know about others, but I grow tired of your continued use of profanity in nearly every post, along with the vitriol you spew along with it. You can make your points without sounding like a drunken sailor. You're better than that.
                  2. You don't have to write a book with every post. You probably make some good points but I wouldn't know because nearly every post of yours qualifies as TLDR.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    A couple items:
                    1. I don't know about others, but I grow tired of your continued use of profanity in nearly every post, along with the vitriol you spew along with it. You can make your points without sounding like a drunken sailor. You're better than that.
                    2. You don't have to write a book with every post. You probably make some good points but I wouldn't know because nearly every post of yours qualifies as TLDR.
                    1) Oh good grief get over yourself.

2) Sorry you can't focus for more than three sentences. Not my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      A couple items:
                      Imo this board could use more posters like him. It's refreshing seeing posts from someone with a pulse that isn't afraid to speak his mind and not worry about being politically correct. Also, you should take time to read his posts. Most of them are very good and insightful. Plus there's not a whole lot of content being posted on here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        As a student myself, I could care less about these rules. I have my own gripes about students at games, most of them about quality rather than quantity. I want students to stand during games, clap during the school songs (singing is optional, but nice if they do it), yell and get loud when they need to, and to stop sitting there with their phones the whole game (why did you even come?) I would love to have a couple thousand students show up at every game, but I would take 100 great fans over 1000 people who do nothing at the game. This is my opinion, but if their deal breaker is they can't publicly drink illegally or their friends can't, I don't want them there.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

As a student myself, I could care less about these rules. I have my own gripes about students at games, most of them about quality rather than quantity. I want students to stand during games, clap during the school songs (singing is optional, but nice if they do it), yell and get loud when they need to, and to stop sitting there with their phones the whole game (why did you even come?) I would love to have a couple thousand students show up at every game, but I would take 100 great fans over 1000 people who do nothing at the game. This is my opinion, but if their deal breaker is they can't publicly drink illegally or their friends can't, I don't want them there.
                          This is right on!

Comment

How does one find out how many unsold tickets are available? Gojacks.com I assume has that information somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              How does one find out how many unsold tickets are available? Gojacks.com I assume has that information somewhere.
                              You can click on each section and it tells you how many seats are left.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                You can click on each section and it tells you how many seats are left.
                                Oh I have do the math for each section. Okay thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X