Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri State and Hall of Fame Game (also Dairy Drive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri State and Hall of Fame Game (also Dairy Drive)

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I would soil my undies.
    I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I would soil my undies.
      *Depends
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am honestly fearful that last weekend's loss will take the wind out of the sails of quite a few folks and we will be lucky to get 10,000 fans to the game. I hope I'm wrong. These last three games are all important - win out and win a conference title. That is a huge deal, I just hope others see it as well. I know the ones posting here do.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I am honestly fearful that last weekend's loss will take the wind out of the sails of quite a few folks and we will be lucky to get 10,000 fans to the game. I hope I'm wrong. These last three games are all important - win out and win a conference title. That is a huge deal, I just hope others see it as well. I know the ones posting here do.
            I'm with you. All circumstances considered......8,500 actual butts in seats. Maybe less. SDSU fans don't show up because it's important, they show up when the team is playing well and that loss Saturday will crush attendance. I hope I'm flat out wrong.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I'm with you. All circumstances considered......8,500 actual butts in seats. Maybe less. SDSU fans don't show up because it's important, they show up when the team is playing well and that loss Saturday will crush attendance. I hope I'm flat out wrong.
              if the weather was bad, I would say under 8000, but I am guessing 12000. below 10k would be disappointing and above 12k would be a pleasant surprise for the worst home game on the schedule. The following week I still predict at this point that it will be a record attendance again.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time.
                Your day is coming!

Comment

Bring people who haven't been to an SDSU game before but like to watch college football. I'm bringing two newbies.

Comment

It is going to be a really really poor student crowd. I'm thinking the worst of the year. Here are a few different factors.
                    **** Not saying I agree with these excuses, this is what I am hearing directly from students.****

1. Minnesota Deer Opener
                    2. High school football playoffs
                    3. Hobo Day and Halloween were on back to back weekends and USD is next weekend so this is their chance to go home before Thanksgiving.
                    4. Harvest and tillage work
                    5. New tailgating rules make it bad experience
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      It is going to be a really really poor student crowd. I'm thinking the worst of the year. Here are a few different factors.
                      **** Not saying I agree with these excuses, this is what I am hearing directly from students.****

1. Minnesota Deer Opener
                      2. High school football playoffs
                      3. Hobo Day and Halloween were on back to back weekends and USD is next weekend so this is their chance to go home before Thanksgiving.
                      4. Harvest and tillage work
                      5. New tailgating rules make it bad experience
                      2-4 make a lot of sense to me for South Dakotans. Your high school stays important (some are probably third generation graduates of their high schools), going home can be difficult as a student (or important for some) and every chance is taken for some to return home, and, well, this is an agriculture school.
                      I say get over your tailgating rules (Boo, hoo! People won't let me drink illegally!) and get your deer early in the morning.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Bring people who haven't been to an SDSU game before but like to watch college football. I'm bringing two newbies.
                        We are doing the same. Problem is, they are Nebraska fans so I don't have much hope for turning them into Jacks fans. One is a USD grad too, so I've got that working against me.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

We are doing the same. Problem is, they are Nebraska fans so I don't have much hope for turning them into Jacks fans. One is a USD grad too, so I've got that working against me.
                          Heck I have a hard time getting SDSU grads to go to games, some follow the football team and its hard to get them interested in going. I am trying to get friends together for even just one game a year where we go, tailgate and make it a full day event, everyone seems like they would like too till its time to commit and order tickets.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not being a smart ass here but how on gods green earth can people/fans/students lose interest when you're tied for the league championship and you own the tiebreaker? What the heck kind of attendance will you have if your 4-5?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              Not being a smart ass here but how on gods green earth can people/fans/students lose interest when you're tied for the league championship and you own the tiebreaker? What the heck kind of attendance will you have if your 4-5?
                              When is the last time the yotes had 10k at a football game?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                When is the last time the yotes had 10k at a football game?
                                According to the box score, they had just over 10k for their game against UNI on 10-8-16. I'm not going to get into it but if that is correct, they did it 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X