GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

The D has come a long way since the Cal Poly debacle. YSU had been looking good and this one was never really in question. A handful of SDSU turnovers were not even enough to make it close.

The conference championship is definitely ours to lose now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      mangarelli has a quick burst of speed,give him a little hole and he'll get some yards.Wallace is good,not quite as quick though.We have decent running attack.Add that to the other things a defenses have to contend with ,with our offense.Down to five more games,only two away.Odds getting better for someone other than the Bison to claim the Conference crown,and probably home field advantage for the playoffs,which should be assured for the MVFC Champions.Let's do it.
      There are 4 games left, not 5. @ Ill St, vs Mo St, vs usd and @ UNI

Comment

How in the world did they call targeting on that play?! Is that something that can even get called when someone is running with the ball? I thought that could only be called on a pass reception or on a quarterback in the pocket.

Anyway, our offense was sloppy but got the job done. Even though that wasn't the best showing by the team as a whole, it's probably all we need to win the last 4 games. ISUr and MSU shouldn't give us problems, and I don't think USD or UNI will be able to keep up with our offense. With USD being at home, the game to circle at this point is @ UNI. After last year's debacle at WIU costing us a seed, I think there will be some extra focus placed on that game. Another factor playing into that game is that UNI is pretty much in Win or bust mode, as one more loss will likely leave them out of the playoffs, so they will be desperate. Kind of looking ahead here, but it's hard not to when we're in the driver's seat.

Comment

Great win by the Jackrabbits! Got to listen to most of the 2nd half. All four remaining games are winnable, but none will be easy. Any of those 4 teams are capable of winning. Got to keep up the 1-0 every week thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought the jacks played well and where ready. Jumped on the Penguins right away and coasted to 1-0. I defenatly thought after we got up by 2 TD we became very conservative on 1st down. Definitely where playing not to lose and eat clock
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Was hoping for 18000 today but we not only had the most fans to ever watch a football game in South Dakota but we also outdrew the other D1 school today by over 10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Was hoping for 18000 today but we not only had the most fans to ever watch a football game in South Dakota but we also outdrew the other D1 school today by over 10,000.
                Plenty of seats in the visitor section were not filled. So we have room for improvement.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nidaros;302547]Plenty of seats in the visitor section were not filled. So we have room for improveme

we will sell out next year when the bison come to brookings. i dont see us ever selling out other than bison games.

Comment

we will sell out next year when the bison come to brookings. i dont see us ever selling out other than bison games.
                    Ever is a long time. I would think under the right circumstances we could sell out a game against USD or a Hobo Day game in the near future. Especially if we make a deep run into the playoffs or even win it all, then sell out games could become normal before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Ever is a long time. I would think under the right circumstances we could sell out a game against USD or a Hobo Day game in the near future. Especially if we make a deep run into the playoffs or even win it all, then sell out games could become normal before too long.
                      Yea, maybe i will be proved wrong Nov 12th if the weather is good and usd is still relevent

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Disappointed by the offense tbh
                        This was arguably one of the best defenses in FCS...and the Jacks still put up 360 yards. Not every game is gonna be video game numbers...
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          This was arguably one of the best defenses in FCS...and the Jacks still put up 360 yards. Not every game is gonna be video game numbers...
                          I think what makes it feel like we werent good offensively is we just couldnt finish drives. We'd pick up a couple first downs and stall out. The TOs didnt help either.
                          Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 10-23-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I kept wondering when will we really air it out. Wienke was covered better yesterday than week earlier.

Comment

7416 inside of the 10K facility. I have not heard how the Dome may have been built too large. The Jackrabbits have been fortunate with the support for the football program. Hopefully we will have 7416 attend the November 12 game which could be a colder day and a more serious test of the fan sturdiness.
                              Current long range forecast is 49 and cloudy on Nov 5 and on Nov 12 the forecast is cloudy and high of 39. It sounds like good weather is possible for the remaining games.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Pelini demeanor has improved. In the presser he gave the Jacks some credit. Most of comments about this own team were fair. Also he spent time talking to Stig before the game, and am not sure why he took so much interest in one of our players being injured. Stig went out to and they had another short conversation with both shaking hands. Thanks Bo you can be a good guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X