Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things uniform related

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
    Wow! Video of a few of the guys running through the tunnel in the new unis. Video production from the team this year is superb.

https://vimeo.com/45196609

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    5 Stars.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The black uniforms are great.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        The black uniforms are great.
        Aren't you Biased Toward Yellow and Black now?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Aren't you Biased Toward Yellow and Black now?

New tweet! https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/789254989893939200

Guess it doesn't matter, SMDH...

Comment

The black looks so good...it's crazy. Love 'em. As I saw on twitter, "the road whites look so clean, all black looks straight mean." Can't wait to see them in person.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              New tweet! https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/789254989893939200

Guess it doesn't matter, SMDH...
              Awesome reaction. Very cool to see. I wonder how often we'll use them going forward. They are very sharp.

Comment

I'm interested to see the next evolution. Do the Jacks really have a "throwback" to go to? Maybe the block "Jacks"
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I'm interested to see the next evolution. Do the Jacks really have a "throwback" to go to? Maybe the block "Jacks"
                  I always wanted to see those 85 throwbacks from a couple of years ago with white pants, to bad we don't have them anymore now that we've got the white pants.

Comment

After the Scottsdale Community College (AZ) opened in 1969, the students wanted an active voice in school affairs. That was the late '60s and early '70s when young people did those types of things. Anyway, the administration told them they would not be allowed such power but as a kind gesture told the students they could choose the school colors and the mascot. The students were pissed so they selected pink and white as the school colors and the Artichoke as the mascot. The school colors have since been changed and the mascot name has been modified to the Fighting Artichokes.

The point I'd like to make in this discussion is that I am a traditionalist but I really don't care what the uniforms look like as long as the team wins. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                      the mascot name has been modified to the Fighting Artichokes.
                      That's better than the South Harmon Institute of Technology (S.H.I.T.) Sandwiches.

(that's from Accepted, a stupid but funny movie if you were wondering)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        After the Scottsdale Community College (AZ) opened in 1969, the students wanted an active voice in school affairs. That was the late '60s and early '70s when young people did those types of things. Anyway, the administration told them they would not be allowed such power but as a kind gesture told the students they could choose the school colors and the mascot. The students were pissed so they selected pink and white as the school colors and the Artichoke as the mascot. The school colors have since been changed and the mascot name has been modified to the Fighting Artichokes.

The point I'd like to make in this discussion is that I am a traditionalist but I really don't care what the uniforms look like as long as the team wins. Period.
                        That is great info, rep pts given...

i love the all black...but is it too much to ask for an alterate helmet...how cool would a black chrome or matte black look? I realize it's picky but c'mon man...our red headed friends to the south have not one but two alternate helmets(white and chrome).

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          That is great info, rep pts given...

i love the all black...but is it too much to ask for an alterate helmet...how cool would a black chrome or matte black look? I realize it's picky but c'mon man...our red headed friends to the south have not one but two alternate helmets(white and chrome).
                          Decals are not expensive. Helmets are around $300-$500. With a team of over 100 that is around $40,000.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Decals are not expensive. Helmets are around $300-$500. With a team of over 100 that is around $40,000.
                            So somehow USD has found an extra $80k for their helmets. I realize this isn't a cheap request but most schools in the Valley have a secondary lid...just sayin'

I understand it's a lot to ask after all we've seen I. The last few years...be happy with what you have.

Comment

All things uniform related

Those jerseys are fresh
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                So somehow USD has found an extra $80k for their helmets. I realize this isn't a cheap request but most schools in the Valley have a secondary lid...just sayin'

I understand it's a lot to ask after all we've seen I. The last few years...be happy with what you have.
                                I'm pretty sure this is our secondary helmet. Or the white logo Jackrabbit they wore last week.

However, I'm certain if a donation came in to cover another helmet, the program would accept it.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X