• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidaros
    replied
    Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    A Zenner is 4 yards.
    Thanks my friend, it was close. 12 feet, not a good day for Zach. He scored a TD yesterday against the Redskins.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Yes I recall a number of years were NDSU, USD and Morningside fought to get out of the basement of the NCC conference. Also Ralph Ginn's top assistant, Bob Danielsen, took over a woefully underfunded program at NDSU in 1957. Bob's oldest daughter Sharon was in my confirmation class at First Lutheran. We were the first class confirmed at touch down Jesus, 1956. Shortly after they left for Fargo. One big reason Bob could not get anything going was the president at NDSU. He had this silly notion that it was wrong to go downtown and beg for money. Even that far back there were anxious people who would have given their shirts off their backs to win a football game. What happened after Bob went 0-10 in 1962? Somewhere in there the President either retired or got fired, so the next guy canned Bob and from then on, it was nothing but change. The Team Makers were formed and the bucks flowed freely and they started recruiting everywhere where they had not in the past. I still feel bad for Bob, he was truly a victim of circumstances. They should have given him a chance with the new inflow of financial resources, but they opted for the bigger winner form Adams State Co. Darrell Mudra, who apparently knew a great about offense and defense. The rest is history, but the reason I flashed back all the way to Ralph Ginn, was there have been so many recent games where, NDSU knew exactly where the next play was coming.

Not long ago, a big joke on Bisonville was how long is a Zenner? The answer was 9 yards, which was his total running offense in a game in Brookings I believe. Also when I was watching the game in Fargo on TV, the commentators were blowing off about the Bison holding Illinois State and Missouri State to less than 50 yards. They had no clue that Christion could run and pass to his favorite targets Wienke and Goedert. So we got them guessing really guessing.
    A Zenner is 4 yards.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    A NDSU Fan is ripping Zimmer for posting/tweeting a picture of the Dakota Marker that is located in the football offices. Said Zim can't be an objective journalist by posting the photo.
    It's good for'em. They're like a bunch of spoiled high schoolers' up there sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

A NDSU Fan is ripping Zimmer for posting/tweeting a picture of the Dakota Marker that is located in the football offices. Said Zim can't be an objective journalist by posting the photo.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Huh? Everybody kept NDSU guessing for most of Ginn's tenure... They were horrible until the last half dozen years Ginn was in Brookings and even at that the Jackrabbilts still lost nine of last 11 to Bison under him... During Ginn's 22 years at SDSU the Bison had nearly as many winless seasons (four) as winning seasons (five)...
    Yes I recall a number of years were NDSU, USD and Morningside fought to get out of the basement of the NCC conference. Also Ralph Ginn's top assistant, Bob Danielsen, took over a woefully underfunded program at NDSU in 1957. Bob's oldest daughter Sharon was in my confirmation class at First Lutheran. We were the first class confirmed at touch down Jesus, 1956. Shortly after they left for Fargo. One big reason Bob could not get anything going was the president at NDSU. He had this silly notion that it was wrong to go downtown and beg for money. Even that far back there were anxious people who would have given their shirts off their backs to win a football game. What happened after Bob went 0-10 in 1962? Somewhere in there the President either retired or got fired, so the next guy canned Bob and from then on, it was nothing but change. The Team Makers were formed and the bucks flowed freely and they started recruiting everywhere where they had not in the past. I still feel bad for Bob, he was truly a victim of circumstances. They should have given him a chance with the new inflow of financial resources, but they opted for the bigger winner form Adams State Co. Darrell Mudra, who apparently knew a great about offense and defense. The rest is history, but the reason I flashed back all the way to Ralph Ginn, was there have been so many recent games where, NDSU knew exactly where the next play was coming.

Not long ago, a big joke on Bisonville was how long is a Zenner? The answer was 9 yards, which was his total running offense in a game in Brookings I believe. Also when I was watching the game in Fargo on TV, the commentators were blowing off about the Bison holding Illinois State and Missouri State to less than 50 yards. They had no clue that Christion could run and pass to his favorite targets Wienke and Goedert. So we got them guessing really guessing.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

I feel good about Sat. Our offense had the great Bison defense guessing. That has not happened since Ralph Ginn hung it up.
    Huh? Everybody kept NDSU guessing for most of Ginn's tenure... They were horrible until the last half dozen years Ginn was in Brookings and even at that the Jackrabbilts still lost nine of last 11 to Bison under him... During Ginn's 22 years at SDSU the Bison had nearly as many winless seasons (four) as winning seasons (five)...

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

I could give a ****. We have beat them before. A championship to put up against their 5 is my goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

I feel good about Sat. Our offense had the great Bison defense guessing. That has not happened since Ralph Ginn hung it up.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Imo, it's a classic game regardless of how we finish. With the way the game played out combined with beating them in Fargo, combined with not beating them for 7 years. I'd say it's a classic.

However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't look at this win as our super bowl, and that's not what I'm doing. Obviously going deep into the playoffs and ultimately winning a championship is much more important that beating the bison.
    I agree. Big win in Fargo, but we have bigger goals. This weekends game will show us whether this team is a serious conference title contender. Like others have said, the Jacks usually play tight at home in front of big crowds. I hope that changes this weekend and I think it will.

With that said, I'll always remember that final drive from last weekend and that video you linked gives me goosebumps.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I'd say how well it's remembered will rest on how well we finish. We can't look at the NDSU win as our super bowl. Bigger fish to fry.
    Imo, it's a classic game regardless of how we finish. With the way the game played out combined with beating them in Fargo, combined with not beating them for 7 years. I'd say it's a classic.

However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't look at this win as our super bowl, and that's not what I'm doing. Obviously going deep into the playoffs and ultimately winning a championship is much more important that beating the bison.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Pretty cool video put together highlighting the game... gave me chills. I'll remember this one for a long time. Definitely one for the ages.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/788426396053803009
    I'd say how well it's remembered will rest on how well we finish. We can't look at the NDSU win as our super bowl. Bigger fish to fry.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Pretty cool video put together highlighting the game... gave me chills. I'll remember this one for a long time. Definitely one for the ages.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/788426396053803009

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

I sure it was an apology, Morlock is a very good and plays with class. The young man has his personal struggles to deal with. Losing a father is never easy no matter when it happens.
    I never thought Chase did anything dirty...no fair catch, if he times it right and causes a fumble that results in 3 or 7 he's a hero..

He is a football player as is Rozeboom...violent sport, things happen..

Dirty happens away from the play or in the pile...neither of those plays were dirty. The Anderson one looks bad in slo-mo...watch a pitchers arm in slo-mo...Rozeboom made a tackle.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I did not watch the press conference so not sure if it was there, but it wasn't on the coaches show or on the radio yesterday. That one was bad as well...no excuse for it. I was surprised he didn't get ejected for targeting. If you watched the next punt you could see Morlock talk to him and pat him on the helmet...I would sure hope it was an apology. That doesn't excuse it, btw...
    I sure it was an apology, Morlock is a very good and plays with class. The young man has his personal struggles to deal with. Losing a father is never easy no matter when it happens.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Agree with those that we can't say with 100% certainty what Rozebooms intent on the tackle was. One thing that the ESPN3 announcers mentioned after the play was that Bruce Anderson had been battling a high right ankle sprain this year, and the coaches were worried about him re-injuring it. Maybe a fully healthy Anderson doesn't allow his leg to get twisted like that and doesn't get injured. Again, hard to say but thought it was worth mentioning.
    One play that sticks out to me that might be an indication of Rozeboom's character was his 4th quarter sack. Untouched from the blind side, had every opportunity to level Stick. Instead he took him down with a relatively weak arm tackle.
    Either way it sucks that something like this is taking away from a great game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X