Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    One of the most difficult things to judge is intent. Especially during a play while doing something legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I just shake my head at the homers that will justify anything their team does and won't even question that they might have been the bad guy for once. Same goes for Bison fans...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Agreed. I just shake my head at the homers that will justify anything their team does and won't even question that they might have been the bad guy for once. Same goes for Bison fans...
      It sounds like Klieman also believes it was dirty play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
        Did he comment at all about Morlock decapitating our punt returner?
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
          He rarely comments at all, and here his words were chosen carefully. He didn't come out and say it, but I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Did he comment at all about Morlock decapitating our punt returner?
            I did not watch the press conference so not sure if it was there, but it wasn't on the coaches show or on the radio yesterday. That one was bad as well...no excuse for it. I was surprised he didn't get ejected for targeting. If you watched the next punt you could see Morlock talk to him and pat him on the helmet...I would sure hope it was an apology. That doesn't excuse it, btw...

Comment

I did not watch the press conference so not sure if it was there, but it wasn't on the coaches show or on the radio yesterday. That one was bad as well...no excuse for it. I was surprised he didn't get ejected for targeting. If you watched the next punt you could see Morlock talk to him and pat him on the helmet...I would sure hope it was an apology. That doesn't excuse it, btw...
              I don't think either play deserves much attention tbh. It's football after all.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Agree with those that we can't say with 100% certainty what Rozebooms intent on the tackle was. One thing that the ESPN3 announcers mentioned after the play was that Bruce Anderson had been battling a high right ankle sprain this year, and the coaches were worried about him re-injuring it. Maybe a fully healthy Anderson doesn't allow his leg to get twisted like that and doesn't get injured. Again, hard to say but thought it was worth mentioning.
                One play that sticks out to me that might be an indication of Rozeboom's character was his 4th quarter sack. Untouched from the blind side, had every opportunity to level Stick. Instead he took him down with a relatively weak arm tackle.
                Either way it sucks that something like this is taking away from a great game.

Comment

I sure it was an apology, Morlock is a very good and plays with class. The young man has his personal struggles to deal with. Losing a father is never easy no matter when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I sure it was an apology, Morlock is a very good and plays with class. The young man has his personal struggles to deal with. Losing a father is never easy no matter when it happens.
                    I never thought Chase did anything dirty...no fair catch, if he times it right and causes a fumble that results in 3 or 7 he's a hero..

He is a football player as is Rozeboom...violent sport, things happen..

Dirty happens away from the play or in the pile...neither of those plays were dirty. The Anderson one looks bad in slo-mo...watch a pitchers arm in slo-mo...Rozeboom made a tackle.

Comment

Pretty cool video put together highlighting the game... gave me chills. I'll remember this one for a long time. Definitely one for the ages.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/788426396053803009

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Pretty cool video put together highlighting the game... gave me chills. I'll remember this one for a long time. Definitely one for the ages.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/788426396053803009
                        I'd say how well it's remembered will rest on how well we finish. We can't look at the NDSU win as our super bowl. Bigger fish to fry.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I'd say how well it's remembered will rest on how well we finish. We can't look at the NDSU win as our super bowl. Bigger fish to fry.
                          Imo, it's a classic game regardless of how we finish. With the way the game played out combined with beating them in Fargo, combined with not beating them for 7 years. I'd say it's a classic.

However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't look at this win as our super bowl, and that's not what I'm doing. Obviously going deep into the playoffs and ultimately winning a championship is much more important that beating the bison.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Imo, it's a classic game regardless of how we finish. With the way the game played out combined with beating them in Fargo, combined with not beating them for 7 years. I'd say it's a classic.

However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't look at this win as our super bowl, and that's not what I'm doing. Obviously going deep into the playoffs and ultimately winning a championship is much more important that beating the bison.
                            I agree. Big win in Fargo, but we have bigger goals. This weekends game will show us whether this team is a serious conference title contender. Like others have said, the Jacks usually play tight at home in front of big crowds. I hope that changes this weekend and I think it will.

With that said, I'll always remember that final drive from last weekend and that video you linked gives me goosebumps.

Comment

I feel good about Sat. Our offense had the great Bison defense guessing. That has not happened since Ralph Ginn hung it up.

Comment

I could give a ****. We have beat them before. A championship to put up against their 5 is my goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X